ther in an effort to stay warm in chilly temper

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 21.01.2019 12:43
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- When Tony Stewart dreamed about winning at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, he never contemplated saying goodbye.He still cant find the words.Now, as Stewart prepares for his final Brickyard 400, hes brushing aside any talk about nostalgic reflections so he can focus instead on making one more trip to victory lane.You guys can ask me all about how Im feeling, thinking, whatever but youre wasting my time and your time, he said before Fridays practice began. All I care about is driving that race car right now. It is probably the most focused Ive been getting ready for a race. Im not amped up, or anything like that. Im just really relaxed and focused and feel good going into it.Try as he might to downplay it, this is not just another race or just another track for Stewart.Indiana is where he developed his affinity for dirt tracks and A.J. Foyt, and where his talent broke through the fierce, sometimes temperamental moments. It was here at Indianapolis that he knew he would define his career.After being born in Rushville, Indiana, and attending high school in Columbus, Indiana, Stewart got his first big break when former IMS CEO Tony George started his own series for promising American drivers like Stewart, who struggled to find job openings with IndyCar teams.Stewart quickly emerged as one of the series bright, young faces by winning the 1997 series championship. After five seasons and no Indianapolis 500 wins, Stewart left his home state for the higher-profile, better-paying NASCAR circuit that turned him into a megastar.Over the past 18 seasons, Stewart has made 601 starts, won 49 races and three Cup championships.But the Brickyard wins in 2005 and 2007 were the ones he cherished most, and picking up No. 50 on his home track would be a fitting end to a 20-year run at the Brickyard.It would be all right, I guess, Stewart joked. No, it would be cool because this is one of the marquee races. Everybody wants to win here. Definitely, I want to win here myself.Stewart insists he will not take any distractions into Sundays race even though the signs are all around that this weekend is different.His parents and stepfather sat in the front row of Fridays pre-race news conference. At the end, he graciously accepted a gift from speedway president Doug Boles -- pieces of the fencing he climbed after each of his Brickyard wins.His answers sounded like a throwback to his early IndyCar days when he routinely responded to questions about track conditions or just about anything else at Indy with a nonchalant answer about throwing dirt on the track.I have no clue how many friends and family will be here this weekend, it was not my responsibility to get them all here, Stewart said when asked about potential distractions. I will see them after the race is over, but Im going to go to work here in a minute, and that is all I care about doing for three days.This weekend has started much like Stewarts season -- off script.The race billed as Farewell Smoke has been somewhat overshadowed by Jeff Gordons comeback bid in the No. 88 car. While his friends are disappointed that Stewart doesnt have the stage to himself, Stewart embraces it.He rallied from a rugged, injury-plagued start with three top-five finishes in the last four races, including his first win of the season at Sonoma, just like he did at Indianapolis. After finishing 24th on the speed chart with a fast lap of 180.505 mph Friday, he came within a whisker of earning his second Brickyard 400 pole. Hell start third, right behind pole winner Kyle Busch, after going 184.328 in qualifying.And it seems everyone has embraced the two sentimental favorites this weekend.To have Tony Stewart in his final race, Jeff Gordon in his final race -- Part 2, it is a big time, four-time Brickyard winner Jimmie Johnson said. I can only imagine how loud they are going to be at driver intros.Or how crazy the fans would get if the 45-year-old Stewart winds up scaling the fence one more time before focusing on team ownership full-time.Even now, Stewart cant quite find the proper description.Im not doing all the sentimental, crying stuff you guys think Im going to be doing, he said. Im going to race this weekend. Vans Old Skool Pas Cher En Ligne . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Vans Old Skool Sortie . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. http://www.pascheroldskool.fr/ . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. Chaussure Vans Old Skool Pas Cher .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Vans Old Skool Soldes . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe.MILWAUKEE -- San Diego Padres pitcher Jason Marquis suffered a complete tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and will undergo Tommy John surgery as soon as next week, manager Bud Black said Tuesday. "And I think as of right now, he plans on pitching again. Hes going to give it a go, hes goingg to rehab and I think he wants to come back and compete," Black said prior to San Diegos game against the Brewers.dddddddddddd The 34-year-old Marquis (9-5, 4.05) had lost three straight decisions over six starts. He went on the disabled list Sunday with what was listed as a right elbow strain. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.