son with Nice, scoring six league goals to guide them t

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 20.01.2018 10:37
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

The C-word - chokers - used to be South African crickets least favourite topic of discussion but these days its the T-word as well. The two T-words. Transformation. Targets.Even before they were officially re-introduced in September, those words sparked serious interrogation over whether sport has the responsibility to make amends for the social costs of South Africas segregated past, whether enough opportunity was afforded to all and why the national team had such a vastly different demographic make-up to the actual nation.But South Africa are not alone in debating diversity. Australia, a country with a culture that seems built on winning at all costs, is also tackling the issue and for Usman Khawaja, they still have a way to go.Australia is an extremely multicultural place, especially where I grew up in western Sydney, Khawaja said. Id love to see players from all different backgrounds come and represent Australia and I think you will see more and more of that.Khawaja is what South Africans would call the only player of colour in the current Australia squad and remembers a time when he felt like the only one on the circuit. When I first started playing first-class cricket, I am pretty positive I was the only coloured person in the whole system and now you see it a lot more, he said.He expects that increased immigration will change that, albeit not immediately. Australia is still a fairly young nation in terms of multi-culturalism and immigration, particularly towards people from Africa and the subcontinent coming over. Its still first or second generation, he said. I expect that to happen but it will need a little bit of time.I have no doubt there will be some new faces coming into the team in the next 10 or 15 years but they will obviously have to earn their stripes. We already see it through young development players and players coming through first-class cricket.The brothers Ashton and Wes Agar, Gurinder Sandhu, Fawad Ahmed, Arjun Nair and Clive Rose are a few examples but so far none of them have broken through to quite the same degree as Khawaja. That may make him a flagbearer of sorts but he does not see it as giving him the same responsibility as that carried by someone like Makhaya Ntini, South Africas first black African player or Temba Bavuma, the first black African batsman to play Test cricket. Both those men are regarded as role models for the majority population group, who have long played cricket but have often been denied access to circumstances that could encourage them to excel.I have never seen it that way, Khawaja said. There is a little bit more emphasis on trying to get people from different backgrounds involved in cricket and to make it a national sport. I think you can aid that process but you cant artificially manufacture it.Ultimately, that has been the biggest question around South Africas transformation policy: whether merit would be sacrificed to support change, whether that would be justified, and even whether the suggestion of that was insulting to those whom the policy would benefit. The answers remain unclear to everyone, including Khawaja, although he has made an effort to delve deeper into it.I talked to a couple of the South African players, I talked to Hashim about it and he has explained to me from a South African point of view, Khawaja said. I can totally understand both sides of the spectrum. Its a complicated issue.Its one of those things where you would love to see South Africans come through to Test cricket and just pick the best team and not have to worry about any of the external factors and hopefully in a few years time, that will be the case. But its also a very young nation in terms of where it has been and where it is now in terms of Apartheid so you have to take that into consideration.South Africa themselves are starting not to separate the need for transformation with the desire for success. After they blanked Australia 5-0 in the ODIs, Faf du Plessis told fans they can calm down about the so-called quotas because South Africa have proved they can win with a transformed team.In that series, South Africa met their targets but bigger challenges await. South Africa have yet to play a Test under the new policy and have yet to go a whole summer with it in place. The real results can only be measured once they do. Until then, they may take some comfort from knowing other places are grappling with similar ideas and the goal of inclusion is not theirs alone. Youth Albania Jerseys . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. Authentic Soccer Albania Jerseys . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. http://www.cheapalbaniajerseys.com/ . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Cheap Football Albania Jerseys . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. Replica Albania Jerseys . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked.Brendan Rodgers concedes he never really clicked with Mario Balotelli when the pair where at Liverpool. The Celtic boss was responding to the Italian internationals comments that he had the biggest disappointment with Rodgers when the 26-year-old was asked about his former coaches.Rodgers brought the former Inter Milan and Manchester City player to Anfield in August 2014 in a surprise transfer from AC Milan but the move never worked out and he joined Nice in the summer. Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers The Northern Irishman, who has made an impressive start to his stewardship at Celtic Park, reflected that the pair had a strained relationship following Balotellis criticism in an interview.He was probably absolutely spot on, Rodgers told talkSPORT. I just couldnt really connect with Mario.He was one that came in very late in the window. It was a gamble taken from a club perspective.It was one where, hes a big talent, hell come in and develop, hes got all the tools. In all fairness, I just findd it very difficult to connect with Mario.dddddddddddd Mario Baloteli has made a great start at Nice On the field, he tried his best. But yeah, it certainly wasnt something that worked out as everyone would like.If you sit with him in the office, the guys a good fella, a good guy. If he could ever match that intensity with his talent, then hed be one of the best players in the world.On the field, it was something that never worked out. That season was difficult for us.But now I hope hes got a club that might be a final chance over in France. But hopefully it can work out for him.Balotelli has made an impressive start to the season with Nice, scoring six league goals to guide them to the top of Ligue 1.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Celtic video Celtic fixtures Celtic stats Get £10 free bet! Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.