called up in part to fill the rotation sp

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.01.2019 09:09
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

TAMPA, Fla. -- Theres unfinished business on Lavonte Davids agenda.The budding young Tampa Bay star has spent the past four years establishing himself as one of the top outside linebackers in the NFL, but what he hasnt been able to do is help the Buccaneers end a long postseason drought.The Bucs have a 19-45 record since David joined the team as a second-round draft pick in 2012, extending a streak of consecutive seasons without a playoff berth to eight.The 26-year-old, whos built a reputation as a sure-tackler with a penchant for causing turnovers, feels good about the chances of changing that pattern this season.He and Gerald McCoy not only like the new system being installed by Mike Smith, the clubs third defensive coordinator in Davids five seasons, but are confident the Bucs have the personnel to make it work.Every year Ive been here we were always one piece away, one situation away to where we could turn a losing season to a winning season, David, a 2013 All-Pro selection who appeared in the Pro Bowl for the first time last season.Were tired of losing, David, who signed a five-year, $50.25 million contract in 2015, said, adding he and McCoy both are driven to enjoy more team success.Ive never seen somebody so angry (after a loss), and it shows the type of leader he is, David said.He puts everything on himself, puts everything on his shoulders. Me and him feel like we have to put it in our hands and change everything because we are kind of like the older guys on defense. Our main thing is just get everybody on board, and I feel like were doing that.Tampa Bay was 10th in total defense last season, with McCoy leading the team with 8 1/2 sacks and David finishing with a team-high 147 tackles, three sacks, three interceptions, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.But despite ranking among the leaders in fewest yards allowed per game, the Bucs were 26th in points allowed and missed the playoffs with a 6-10 record that cost former coach Lovie Smith his job.Dirk Koetter, promoted from offensive coordinator, is the fourth coach the franchise has had since last appearing in the playoffs under Jon Gruden in 2007.David said the transition, with Koetter guiding the offense and former Atlanta coach Mike Smith taking over the defense, has been fairly smooth.Everybody is different, their own personality, the way they coach, and how they do different things and how they see things, David said.But the great thing about it is these coaches, they really like to interact with you, asking you what you see out there -- like whats wrong, what you dont like, what you do like, things like that -- and try to make you comfortable the best way they can, he added. Guys really appreciate and like that.With middle linebacker Kwon Alexander coming off a strong rookie season and veteran Daryl Smith joining the team in free agency, the Bucs feel much better about their linebackers as a group than entering training camp a year ago.David said players are more confident, too.Not just the old guys, but the younger guys, he said. Theyre getting real comfortable.But no ones more upbeat or optimistic than David.I think its just getting accustomed with everything all around, the linebacker said.As I go into my fifth year, Im getting comfortable with being in the NFL, taking over the role of being a leader, knowing how the guys look at me as a leader and stuff like that, David added.So I have to carry myself in a certain way. I noticed that if Im down, certain guys might be down. If Im up, everybodys up. I look at things like that, just try to stay positive as much as I can and keep my energy level high.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Authentic Jerseys . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Wholesale Jerseys Australia .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. http://www.cheapjerseysaustralia.com/ . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Wholesale Jerseys Store . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Cheap Jerseys Australia Free Shipping . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a good goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (good goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. ST. LOUIS -- Mike Matheny is still waiting for rookie left-hander John Gast to show some emotion. "Hes the same all the time ... he never smiles," the St. Louis manager said. "Real even keel." Gast used that business-like approach to pick up a win in his major league debut Tuesday night. Carlos Beltran drove in four runs and Gast threw six solid innings, helping the Cardinals cruise past the New York Mets 10-4. Gast (1-0) tossed five shutout innings before giving up four runs in the sixth. He surrendered six hits, struck out three and walked one in a 71-pitch effort to help the Cardinals win for the fifth time in six games and 11th in their last 13. "I was excited, ready to go," Gast said. "There was some excitement. I was able to refocus the adrenaline to make my pitches." Matheny was pleased with the poise of the 24-year-old, who held the Mets scoreless on three hits and 50 pitches through the first five innings. "He was fine on the corners," Matheny said. "You could tell he was working the bottom of the zone. Once he started going, he was making some really good pitches." Beltran slammed a three-run homer in the fifth inning, his team-high tenth, to give St. Louis a 9-0 lead. He also added a run-scoring hit in the third. "It was a fastball in the middle of the zone," Beltran said of the 437-foot blast that landed in Big Mac Land. "I was able to stay inside and hit it good." The veteran outfielder was also impressed with Gast. "It was fun to see," Beltran said. "That just shows the depth of our minor league system. They have a lot of guys like that who can come in and do the job." New York right-hander Dillon Gee (2-5) gave up six runs, five earned, in four innings for the Mets, who lost their fifth straight despite scoring more than three runs for the first time in eight games. Gee has allowed four earned runs or more in five of eight starts this season. "I dont know what to say, I didnt feel all that bad tonight," Gee said. "Im a ground ball guy and I think seven ground balls got through. I dont know what else to do." MMarlon Byrd hit a two-run homer in the sixth as New York also lost for the 11th time in its last 14 games at Busch Stadium.dddddddddddd Gast began the season with 32 consecutive scoreless innings for Triple-A Memphis. He was called up in part to fill the rotation spot of Jake Westbrook, who is on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation. Jon Jay also homered for St. Louis, a solo shot in the sixth, his fourth of the year. Beltran went 3 for 5. "Its fun, were playing good baseball," Beltran said. "Were getting good starting pitching and the offence is doing enough to win ballgames." St. Louis scored three times in both the first and third innings to take a 6-0 lead. Allen Craig capped off the early uprising with a two-run single. Matt Holliday doubled in Matt Carpenter for the first run. The first four St. Louis hitters reached safely and the Cardinals scored three times on Gees first 11 pitches. Pete Kozma and Carpenter added run-scoring singles in the third. Carpenter reached safely four times. The Mets five-game skid is their longest since losing six in a row April 25-30. "Weve gone through a bad streak and its been two weeks long," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "We cant sit here and try to make something positive out of it." Former St. Louis pitcher/outfielder Rick Ankiel, who was signed by the Mets on Monday, grounded out as a pinch-hitter in the seventh. Ankiel received a warm ovation from the crowd. NOTES: St. Louis rookie Shelby Miller (5-2, 1.88 ERA) will face Shaun Marcum (0-3, 8.59) in the third game of the four-game set tomorrow. Miller retired 27 successive batters after giving up a leadoff hit to Eric Young in a 3-0 win over Colorado on Friday. ... New York C John Buck broke out of a 2-for-27 slump with a single in the sixth. ... Ankiel is getting paid at a pro-rated share of the major league minimum $490,000 from the Mets, which comes to $382,896, and that amount is off-set against the $775,000 he was guaranteed under the deal he was released from by the Astros. He can earn an additional $775,000 in performance bonuses from the Mets based on plate appearances. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.