ich is due to start on September 30, will go ah

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 10.01.2019 12:27
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- It was strictly business when the St. Louis Cardinals parted ways with Eric Fryer.Their former backup catcher could not deny the extra buzz facing his old team for the first time since resurfacing.Fryer had two hits and three RBI in his first game with the Pittsburgh Pirates in a 5-2 victory Tuesday night.I mean, I was amped up to play, Fryer said. The familiarity of the team, the atmosphere I was in kind of made it a little easier to kind of harness it back and let the game come to me a little bit.The Cardinals released Fryer when backup catcher Brayan Pena came off the 15-day disabled list and the Pirates, with whom he played in the minors, claimed him off waivers on Sunday. He batted .368 with St. Louis with five RBI in 38 at-bats behind seven-time All-Star Yadier Molina but Pena has a two-year, $5 million contract.Fryer said Cardinals manager Mike Matheny told him its just one of those things that had to work out this way.It was nice for him to say it like that, but Im on to Pittsburgh, I guess, Fryer said.The Pittsburgh bullpen worked five scoreless innings in support of lefty Steven Brault, who allowed one earned run in four innings while throwing 82 pitches and adding a single in his debut.Brault learned he would be making the start two days earlier and remembered everything except his glove, which should arrive Wednesday from Indianapolis. He borrowed Jeff Lockes and lived up to expectations.I am forgetful at times and I had a little bit of nerves going, Ill use that as an excuse, Brault said. Overall, I think I reacted well and just tried to keep doing what Ive been doing.The 24-year-old Brault pitched in place of fellow rookie Jameson Taillon, placed on the DL on Sunday with shoulder fatigue. Brault didnt know if he would start Sunday against the Chicago Cubs in the final game before the All-Star break.Juan Nicasio (7-6) worked two scoreless innings and Mark Melancon finished for his 21st consecutive save and 25th in 26 chances.Josh Harrison and David Freese added RBI for the Pirates, who have taken the first two games of a four-game set and are 7-4 in the season series, closing within one-half game of the second-place Cardinals in the NL Central.Mike Leake (5-7) gave up five runs in six innings for the Cardinals, who got RBI from Jedd Gyorko and Matt Holliday. Leake has lost his last three outings with a 6.06 ERA.Freese was me missing location but Fryer did a good job of putting the ball in play, Leake said. They werent terribly located balls, but not the best.Pirates third baseman Jung Ho Kang, under investigation by Chicago police on an allegation of sexual assault, singled pinch-hitting to open the ninth. Manager Clint Hurdle declined comment after the game.HOT BOXHarrison stayed alive in a rundown between third and home long enough for the hitter and runner to take two bases in the fifth. The Cardinals finally got him out on a play scored 3-2-5-3-6-4.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: RHP Ryan Vogelsong (facial fracture) threw 61 pitches in a four-inning simulated game. ... RHP Gerrit Cole (biceps) struck out six and allowed two hits for Triple-A Indianapolis to begin a rehab start.Cardinals: SS Jhonny Peralta was taken out after three innings with discomfort in his left thumb. The team said it was unrelated to the surgery for a torn thumb ligament in March.SLUMPINGMatt Adams, who replaced Peralta in the lineup, is in an 0-for-31 slump.UP NEXTPirates: Locke (8-5, 5.13) has won his last three starts with a 1.93 ERA and bested Oakland ace Sonny Gray his last time out.Cardinals: Jaime Garcia (6-6, 3.84) allowed one run in eight innings against the Brewers his last time out. He has a 0.57 ERA against Pittsburgh in six games, four starts. Nike Air Pegasus 32 Mens . LOUIS -- St. Nike Air Pegasus 33 Womens . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. http://www.airzoompegasussale.com/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Nike Air Pegasus 34 Womens . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Nike Air Pegasus 31 Mens . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. The ECB has said it will follow government advice on their scheduled tour to Bangladesh, following Friday nights terrorist attack in Dhaka which left 20 people dead.The board said it will work closely with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and their own security experts over the coming months in deciding whether the tour, which is due to start on September 30, will go ahead. Last year, Australia had postponed their tour of Bangladesh based on government security advice. And earlier this year, Australia had pulled out of the Under-19 World Cup that was hosted by Bangladesh.Gunmen stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in the Gulshan district of Dhaka late on Friday before security forces brought it to an end 12 hours later.An ECB spokesman said: The safety and security of our players and management is always of paramount importance to ECB and this applies to all teams representing England on overseas tours.We will continue to monitor and assess the situation in Bangladesh over the coming weeks and months and will undertake a thoroughgoing and robust pre-tour inspection of planned security arraangements for the England team.dddddddddddd.We will also continue to work closely with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office [FCO] and should our Director of Security, Reg Dickason, or the FCO, advise that the environment is not acceptably safe or the right measures not in place, we would take the appropriate steps.After the attack, the FCO added an update to their travel advice page: Following the incident in the Gulshan 2 area of Dhaka we advise you to remain vigilant and follow the advice of the local security authorities. Until further notice we specifically advise against visiting areas where foreign nationals are known to congregate such as public areas of International Hotels, large supermarkets, restaurants and clubs.England are set to play three ODIs and two Tests on the month-long tour across Dhaka and Chittagong.In 2008, England returned from India following the terror attacks in Mumbai but went back to the country to play two Test matches in Chennai and Mohali. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.