el to Duke on Oct. 8.Buffalo: The Bulls play at

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 08.01.2019 12:00
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

SWANSEA, Wales -- Bob Bradley is a reluctant pioneer.He is filled with pride at becoming the Premier Leagues first American manager but aware his nationality brings preconceptions and myths about his credentials for the Swansea job.The American stuff I can cover in 30 seconds, the former U.S. national team coach said over-optimistically Friday at his Swansea presentation . Then I can push that out the door.As Bradley then gathered his thoughts, there was silence for several seconds in front of reporters in a modest hotel in the south Wales city. The 58-year-old knows Americans are still viewed by close-minded fans as novices in international soccer.With football in the United States, we have always understood we have to earn respect, Bradley said. When I was with the national team, every time we got a chance to play in Europe, the players and I would understand, `Today is one more day where we can show what the game is like in our country. So in some ways this helps. I am proud what I have been able to do.This stuff about pioneer. Im not an American manager. Im a football manager.Football, rather than soccer. Bradley made a wise but unnecessary distinction in a country that lays claim to have invented the game but gets prickly about the term soccer -- despite its origins.Im pretty sure that the English came up with this thing `soccer, Bradley said, correcting a misconception to his English inquisitor.I like football much better. ... American football should have a different name, but I dont think that will happen.The erudite Bradley sensed what his audience wanted to hear.I may slip up occasionally and call the pitch, the field -- sorry, he said. But Im not going to say soccer, dont worry.Hes certainly nothing like Ted Lasso, the flamboyant parody of a clueless American soccer coach created by NBC to promote its Premier League broadcasts , deploying U.S. sporting terminology alien to football.Thats what we lived with on the US team, Bradley said.I dont think its necessarily my job to take away your snobbery, Bradley added, engaging with reporters and expressing no sign of irritation.Bradley left the French second-tier club Le Havre on Monday to take the Swansea job. Lifting Swansea away from the relegation zone would help Bradley win over doubters who hoped former Wales and Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs would replace Francesco Guidolin.Having won only one of their opening seven league games, the Swans require an experienced manager. Bradley coached the U.S. from 2006 to 2011, including a trip to the 2010 World Cup. Giggs was manager for three games after being briefly elevated at Manchester United in 2014.I believe in my ability, Bradley said. People can write whatever they flippin want.Such as writing that Bradley only got the job because Steve Kaplan, a minority owner and executive vice chairman of the NBAs Memphis Grizzlies, and Jason Levien, a part-owner of D.C. United, took control of Swansea in July.I dont think they would have got where they are with making decisions with their heart, Bradley said.Reaching the Premier League was the long-term ambition for Bradley. A brother of former major league catcher Scott Bradley, Bob coached Chicago, New York and Chivas USA in Major League Soccer. He replaced Bruce Arena as national team coach in 2006, led the U.S. to a semifinal win over European champion Spain at the 2009 Confederations Cup and coached the U.S. to the second round of the 2010 World Cup.One year later, the U.S. Soccer Federation fired him and hired Jurgen Klinsmann, which caused acrimony.When he did commentary on the 2010 World Cup, he was already jockeying for the job, Bradley said.I would never do that, plain and simple, he explained further away from the cameras in Swansea. I told him I thought it was wrong. Ive no hard feelings.He coached Egypts national team from 2011-13, broadening his international experience.In order to prove myself, I have taken jobs nobody else would take, he said. No big managers when I went to Egypt would have.Not when the nation was going through violent street protests and bloody security crackdowns during the Arab Spring uprising. The American Pharaoh -- as he became known -- gained admiration there by sticking with the job even when the disorder spread to football, with a deadly stadium riot killing 74 people.People asked why I stayed, Bradley recalled. But are you kidding? If youre a leader, you cant be the first out the door.He left Egypt after losing to Ghana in a playoff for a 2014 World Cup berth, then went to the edge of the Arctic Circle and helped the Norwegian club Stabaek qualify for the Europa League.That earned him a move to France late last year, where Le Havre missed out on promotion to Ligue 1 last May on goal difference.He takes charge of a team only out of the Premier Leagues relegation zone on goal difference. Thirty-one league games remain, starting at Arsenal on Oct. 15.I understand there are going to be skeptics, Bradley said, but I dont care.---Rob Harris is at www.twitter.com/RobHarris and www.facebook.com/RobHarrisReports Adidas Shoes Wholesale China ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Cheap Adidas Shoes Online . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. http://www.adidasshoesclearance.com/ .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Wholesale Adidas Shoes China .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Adidas Shoes Sale Online . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. AMHERST, N.Y. -- In 30 years of coaching, Lance Leipold had never been part of an overtime game before. Adam Mitcheson had never attempted a game-ending field goal before.Both the Buffalo coach and kicker had memorable first experiences in the Bulls 23-20 comeback victory over Army on Saturday night.Mitcheson sprinted from one end of the field to the other after making a 33-yard field goal in overtime to secure Buffalos first win of the season. Afterward, Mitcheson said hed never been in that situation before. Not even in high school, he said.The Bulls scored two touchdowns in the final nine minutes of the fourth quarter to force overtime against a previously unbeaten Black Knights team that had not allowed any of its first three opponents to score in the fourth quarter.Im really proud of our team, Buffalo coach Lance Leipold said. I think a lot of people might have counted this group out. We had our backs to the wall.Tyree Jackson passed for 178 yards and a touchdown and ran for 34 yards and two more touchdowns to lead the Buffalo comeback. His 1-yard touchdown plunge tied the game at 20-20 with 2:26 remaining. He also had a 12-yard run in overtime to set up Mitchesons kick.Its awesome for him to come in as a redshirt freshman and lead us the way he did, Buffalo tight end Mason Schreck said. Thats why this win feels so great. Because the future is in really good hands with Tyree.Army quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for a season-high 126 yards on 22 carries and had a 5-yard touchdown run to lead an Army rushing attack that totaled 396 yards. The Black Knights had the nations No. 2 rushing offense, averaging 367 yards in its first three games.Yards dont matter, Army coach Jeff Monken said. When you get it down in the red zone, you score. . We got down there a couple times and didnt capitalize.The Black Knights scored two touchdowns and one field goal in four trips to the red zone. On the fourth trip, Blake Wilson missed a 34-yard field goal attempt with three seconds left in regulation.Wilson also missed a 43-yard field goal aattempt in OT.dddddddddddd He made field goals from 21 and 38 yards in the first half.Armys Blake Wilson had missed a 43-yard field goal attempt in OT and also missed a 34-yarder in the final three seconds of regulation. Armys starting placekicker, Mitchell Howard, injured his left leg making a tackle on the opening kickoff.It was disappointing that we got our kicker hurt because we did such a poor job covering a kick, Monken said.Kamari Holsey caught a 5-yard touchdown from Jackson to cut Armys lead to 20-13 with 8:85 remaining.Army led 10-0 at halftime, but Bradshaws fumble on the first drive of the second half gave Buffalo the ball at the Army 23. That led to Jacksons first touchdown, but Mitcheson missed the extra point.Football is a game of momentum and when the defense makes a big play like that, especially coming off the half, were excited, theyre going, our energy is high and we know we have to return the favor, Jackson said.THE TAKEAWAYBuffalo: The Bulls avoided going 0-3 for the first time since 2005 and snapped a five-game losing streak dating to last season.Army: The Black Knights triple-option attack dominated for most of the game but fizzled in the fourth quarter. Turnovers also proved costly. Army did not give the ball away in any of its first three games, but had two turnovers in this game, including one that led to a Buffalo touchdown.You play that bad, were going to have trouble winning another game, Monken said.RESERVE EFFORTBuffalo cornerback Brandon Williams made his first career interception and forced a fumble that led to a touchdown. Williams started in place of the Boise Ross, who was suspended for the first half due to a targeting penalty in last weeks loss at Nevada. Ross was named to the preseason watch list for the Jim Thorpe Award.UP NEXTArmy: Following their bye week, the Black Knights will travel to Duke on Oct. 8.Buffalo: The Bulls play at Boston College on Saturday. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.