opponent and another Briton Amir Khan.But Can

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 08.01.2019 11:42
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

U.S. President Barack Obama says that he expects Russia to welcome gay and lesbian athletes to the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Obama cancelled a planned September meeting in Moscow on Wednesday in a diplomatic rebuke over Russias harbouring of NSA leaker Edward Snowden, having also said in a television interview hours earlier that he had "no patience" with countries who discriminate against gay people. "I think (President Vladimir) Putin and Russia have a big stake in making sure the Olympics work," Obama said Tuesday night on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. "And I think they understand that for most of the countries that participate in the Olympics, we wouldnt tolerate gays and lesbians being treated differently. "And if Russia wants to uphold the Olympic spirit, then every judgment should be made on the track, or in the swimming pool, or on the balance beam, and peoples sexual orientation shouldnt have anything to do with it." There have been a few calls for a boycott of the Sochi Games, after a law signed by Putin last month banned the "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations" and imposed fines for providing information about the gay community to minors or holding gay pride rallies. Foreign citizens arrested under the law can be jailed for 15 days and then deported. Going into next years games in Russia, theres also concern about a long-running problem of violence against gays, as well as a new law restricting adoptions of Russian children by people in countries allowing same-sex marriage. The IOC said it has received assurances "from the highest level of government in Russia that the legislation will not affect those attending or taking part in the Games." The sporting body also pledged to ensure there would be no discrimination against athletes, officials, spectators and the media in Sochi. However, the Human Rights Campaign, a leading U.S. gay-rights group, said the IOC should take a stronger stand. "They should be advocating for the safety of all LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) people in Russia, not simply those visiting for the Olympics," said HRC President Chad Griffin earlier this month. "Rescinding this heinous law must be our collective goal." Files from The Associated Press were used for this report. Soldes Ultra Boost . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Ultra Boost Uncaged Pas Cher . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http://www.ultraboostpascher.fr/ . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Ultra Boost Destockage . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Chaussure Ultra Boost Pas Cher . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Liam Smith bullishly declared he will stop Saul Canelo Alvarez when he defends his WBO world light-middleweight title against the pound-for-pound star on September 17.Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 KOs) -- one of boxings biggest stars -- takes on Smith (23-0-1, 13 KOs) for his WBO belt at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, after promoters failed to make a world middleweight title unification fight against Gennady Golovkin instead for September.Golovkin-Canelo might be the biggest fight available in boxing and the one fight fans want more than any other, but the two superstars are fighting different opponents -- both unbeaten Britons -- a week apart in September.Kell Brook steps up two weight divisions to face WBC-IBF-WBA middleweight champion Golovkin on September 10 and like Smith is a big underdog.But Smith, one of four boxing brothers from Liverpool, dismissed the odds against him and claimed he will become the first person to stop Canelo, who is ranked No 5 in the ESPN pound-for-pound rankings after reigning as WBC world middleweight and super-welterweight champion.I cant wait to put on a show and make a name for myself, said Smith. This is a fight Ive been asking for 12 months.I could have done it a different ways by fighting a lesser name and work my way up to a big fight but Im doing it right now against the biggest name in world boxing.When the fight got made people were saying hes coming down from middleweight, the size of him, stuff like that. Size wont play a factor in this fight, I guarantee you.I havent fought over there but I guarantee you the American fans will know who I am come Sept. 17.I look at Canelo and I dont need any more motivation. I dont look at the odds or papers. None of them will make me more motivated. This is the biggest fight for me.If it goes to points and Ive won the fight Im confident they will give me it. Im not going to change what I do.Im going there to stop Canelo, if I dont stop him it wont be through a lack of trying. Im not going over there for the occasion and Im not going over to give my title awaay.ddddddddddddHow can you say Im not at that level [of Canelo] because Ive not fought at that level yet. You cant say Im not on Canelos level, this fight will tell you whether I am or not.Smith, 27, is making a third defence of the WBO belt after stoppage wins over John Thompson, Jimmy Kilrain Kelly and Predrag Radosevic.Most consider Smith a step down in class from Alvarezs previous opponent and another Briton Amir Khan.But Canelos promoter and former multi-weight world champion Oscar De La Hoya insists the Mexican boxer is not taking Smith lightly.We strongly feel this will be the event of the year not only because Canelo Alvarez is biggest star in the sport who fills arenas with 40 or 50,000, De La Hoya said.I believe Canelo hasnt even scratched the surface yet, hes only getting better.But Canelo is fighting a world champion who is dangerous, Liam Smith is not going to the U.S. to fold. He is a fighter who is serious, much bigger than Canelo and is undefeated. Team Canelo is taking this fight very serious.Canelo has a tough challenge in front of him and we dont want to think about any future fights. Come September 18 we will discuss future plans.Alvarez was also respectful of his opponent, who sparred with Khan ahead of the Bolton boxers fight with Canelo.Liam Smith is a great fighter who is very strong and very hungry, so Im going to prepare like never before and give the fans what they want to see, said Alvarez, who stopped Khan in six rounds in May.Smiths promoter Frank Warren claimed the Liverpool boxer might not be as well know as previous British boxing stars like Ricky Hatton ahead of big fights, but has a better chance of an upset win.This guy has got more chance than Ricky Hatton had against Kostya Tszyu or Joe Calzaghe against Jeff Lacy or Bernard Hopkins, Warren said.They call him the Scouse Mexican. I think what he brings to the table creates fireworks, and were going to see a huge upset. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.