e Australian Sailing Team has already put in the w

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 17.01.2018 12:38
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- After finally dialing in his delivery, Lance Lynn kept the Cardinals in the game just long enough. Lynn overcame early control woes and St. Louis used a three-run seventh inning to snap a tie and beat the New York Mets 6-3 on Monday night. "Early on I was just missing and I got a little bit upset with myself and got a little bit out of my game," Lynn said. "I was able to stay in and give my team a chance to win, thats what its all about." Lynn (6-1) allowed three runs on three hits and four walks the first two innings, and manager Mike Matheny said he was often missing to the third-base side of the plate. He only gave up one hit and one walk in his last five innings. He is 4-0 at home this season. It was the Cardinals 10th win in the past 12 games. "That really could have gone bad early on, but he fought his way through it," Matheny said. "Hes a horse." Rick Ankiel, signed by the Mets earlier in the day after clearing waivers and playing against the team that revived his career as a position player, just missed a diving catch on Ty Wiggintons pinch-hit bloop double to shallow centre off Scott Rice (1-3) to open the seventh. Ankiels equipment didnt arrive and couldnt hang onto the ball using pitcher Jonathon Nieses glove. "I do think if I have my glove it stays in there," Ankiel said. "Im the type of person, if I get a glove on it I feel I should have caught it. "I didnt. It stinks." Matt Carpenter followed Wiggintons hit with a sharp grounder off Rices leg and the ball rolled into foul territory down the first-base line. Wigginton never stopped running and his head-first slide barely beat the tag to snap a 3-3 tie. Matt Holliday homered with one out and Yadier Molina had an RBI double with two outs, both off Scott Atchison for the three-run cushion. On his way to third, Wigginton saw catcher John Buck chasing after the ball "and obviously home plate was going to be open. So I took a chance." Wigginton has two consecutive hits as a pinch hitter after a 1 for 12 start. He said the decision to keep running didnt need input from third base coach Jose Oquendo. "The plays in front of me," Wigginton said. "So I believe youre probably your best base coach. To be honest, youre just playing baseball." Mets manager Terry Collins said Rice deflected Carpenters grounder on purpose to keep the ball in the infield, but then joined Buck in the chase to retrieve it and then was late covering the plate. "John was yelling Get the plate, get the plate," Collins said. "He was caught up in the moment." Atchison has been pitching since last year with a torn elbow ligament, and said after the game that his fingers were numb and tingling during the outing. "If I cant grip the baseball, then I cant make the ball do what I want," Atchison said. "I feel like Ive been managing it pretty good all year. Today, for whatever reason, the tingling came back." Daniel Murphy had three hits with a two-run double for the Mets, busting out of a 7-for-54 slump with one RBI the previous 14 games. The Mets have dropped four straight. Lynn threw a career-high 124 pitches, topping his previous high exactly one year ago in a loss to the Braves. Three relievers worked the last two innings with Edward Mujica earning his 10th save in 10 chances. Lynn threw 54 pitches and Mets starter Jeremy Hefner needed 46 the first two innings in a game tied at 3, a distinct change after three straight days of pitching brilliance. Colorados Jorge De La Rosa carried a no-hitter into the seventh Sunday, the Cardinals Adam Wainwright went 7 2-3 innings before his no-hit bid ended Saturday and St. Louis rookie Shelby Miller retired the final 27 hitters after allowing a leadoff hit on Friday. Three of the first four batters reached against Hefner including Allen Craigs RBI double just inside the third-base line for the lead and Jon Jay added a bases-loaded sacrifice fly that barely counted when Matt Holliday sprinted home just ahead of third baseman David Wrights tag on Craig, attempting to advance on left fielder Lucas Dudas throw. Murphy tied it in the second with a two-run double, a liner that right fielder Carlos Beltran lost running out of the shadows into a patch of sunlight in right. Murphy scored from second on an infield hit after shortstop Daniel Descalso could not handle Wrights slow roller and the ball rolled free. Notes: LHP John Gast makes his major league debut for the Cardinals in place of injured Jake Westbrook on Tuesday night against Dillon Gee (2-4, 5.55). Gast was 3-1 with a 1.16 ERA at Triple-A Memphis and began the year with 32 consecutive scoreless innings. ... Chris Carpenter, all but ruled out for the season in February due to nerve issues in his shoulder, threw another bullpen session Monday and remained on track in his bid to return as a reliever, but theres no specific timetable. "When he puts his mind to something and his body co-operates, we know what kind of talent he has." ... Descalso got his third start at SS for St. Louis. ... Buck struck out three times for a total of 13 the last six games. Wholesale Flames Jerseys .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Cheap Stitched Flames Jerseys . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. http://www.wholesaleflamesjerseys.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Wholesale Flames Jerseys Free Shipping . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Cheap Flames Jerseys For Sale . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Australia took seven sailing crews to Rio; six made their medal races, and four won medals, in a strike rate that leaves other big squads in their wake. Only the swimming team won more medals from vastly more chances.If we can come to an environment like this and convert essentially four medal chances ... thats a pretty damn good outcome, Australian Sailing team leader Peter Conde said.The medal run was four years in the making.We had our first trip here six months before the last Olympics, Conde said. We started in April 2012; we had the first sailors training here in November 2012.All four of Australias expected medal chances finished in the top two in Rio.Mat Belcher and Will Ryan, who won silver in the mens 470, made 10 trips to Rio to learn the complex conditions.Jason Waterhouse and Lisa Darmanin, who won silver in the Nacra 17, told a similar story.Weve spent almost six months in Rio sailing in these waters just to get acclimatised to the conditions, Waterhousee said.ddddddddddddios complex weather and water patterns meant some Australian favourites faced a fight just to stay in touch with the leaders, however.Tom Burton won gold in the Laser but only after a one in 10 tactical move on the starting line came off to perfection.And Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen in the 49er were unable to get in front of the New Zealand crew, who claimed gold ahead of Australias silver.But the medals werent the only measure of success.Jake Lilley and Ashley Stoddart made the Finn and Laser Radial medal race, respectively, and both 23-year-olds showed the potential to push for better results in future Games.If they are selected for Tokyo 2020, they will know the Australian Sailing Team has already put in the work to see them succeed.That started again in April. Our first trip to Tokyo [was] in April, Conde said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.