P front-runner heading into Saturdays game against

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 02.01.2019 11:49
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. -- After all the quad talk and quad practice and quad obsession, if not by the skaters then certainly from those who watch them, Jason Brown admitted it was hard to keep it together during his free skate at Skate America.It was kind of one of those dazed moments, Brown said after landing his first quad, in the Oct. 23 mens final in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. I was so focused. I said, Im going to attack it, and suddenly Im on one foot and I didnt have to fight for the landing. I thought, Oh my God, this is happening. As the 2018 Winter Olympics comes into focus, it is that same attitude that seems to be gripping both the American men and women.You would be completely unrealistic if you werent thinking about [the Olympics] right now, because its going to be here in no time, Ashley Wagner said.Whether the Americans can land solidly in South Korea 15 months from now depends on what happens between now and then. The U.S. men are still working on earning three spots at the worlds, while U.S. women are jockeying for position among themselves.Wagner won the gold at Skate America, with American Mariah Bell capturing the silver and Japanese teen Mai Mihara taking the bronze. On the mens side, despite landing his quad toe loop, it was determined to be under-rotated, and Brown took the silver behind another Japanese teen, Shoma Uno, with American Adam Rippon showing off a new free skate and winning the bronze.For the U.S. women, Skate America was built as the anticipated showdown between Wagner and U.S. champion Gracie Gold after Golds disappointing fourth-place finish at the world championships in Boston last March. But Gold fell on her triple loop and triple salchow at Skate America and downgraded her other triple jumps to doubles, calling her fifth-place score of 184.22 overly generous.It turned out to be the continued coming-out party for for the 20-year-old Bell -- Wagners and Rippons training partner under new coach Rafael Arutunian -- who scored a personal best of 130.67 in her free program.Bell called an appearance at the Worlds this spring in Helsinki very realistic. Just going into nationals [in January] to be on the podium, I think is very realistic for me. But right now, I honestly am just focused on going home and training for whatevers next.Though Wagner, a three-time national champion and silver medalist at the worlds this year, admitted she felt the pressure of Wagner versus Gold, she is clearly demonstrating a newfound maturity at age 25 that is paying dividends on the ice.The amount of nerves that I felt going into this competition, I would not have been able to handle last year, Wagner said. The way it was built up to be the ultimate showdown between Gracie and I, that was something I felt the pressure of, but I dealt with it and didnt succumb to it. I pushed through, and thats how I got to the top of the podium.Wagner finished in seventh place in Sochi in 2014 and was best remembered for speaking out openly against Russias anti-gay laws and the countrys president Vladimir Putin. She said she was mentally exhausted and overwhelmed after the Olympics.I was 22 and super excited about everything, and I think going into the next [Olympics] I will be way calmer in the way that I deal with everything, she said. I mean, I regret nothing in Sochi. I think it was a great event for me. Im always true to who I am. But I think going into this next Olympics, I am much more of an adult and more poised. I think Im more thoughtful in my responses but still myself. I still say what I feel, but I have more polish to it.Polish will not be a problem on ice for Brown and Rippon, whose artistic gifts were on display at Skate America. But the question for the men continues to be the quad -- whos landing it? How many are they doing? -- and the seemingly age-old debate of athleticism versus artistry.Uno cleanly landed a quad flip and quad toe loop in the opening seconds of his long program, and the 5-foot-3, 18-year-old followed with another quad toe and four triple jumps, a personal-best 279.34 points, helping him finish 11 points ahead of Brown.With American Nathan Chen landing two quads in his short program and four in his free at nationals in January at age 16, the pressure has presumably become that much greater for Brown and Rippon.We have such an incredibly talented mens field, Wagner said. Its just really hard because our men are coming up at a time that weve never seen the likes of before. I think for our men, its the quad game for sure. But if you dont have the quads, then its the quality game and youve got to max out everything else and hope for the best. But for right now, in all honesty, if you dont have that quad, what are you doing? Or two or three or five.Sidelined from competition for much of the year with a back injury, Brown is acknowledged as one of the most gifted artistic skaters in the world. The question has been whether he could master the quad, the thought being that he could not reach the Olympic or world podium without it.Working this past summer on jumps with Frank Carroll in addition to working with his longtime coach Kori Ade, the always ebullient Brown comes as close as he ever will to bristling when discussing the hot-button topic.I found myself in many situations, Brown said. Youre not going to make the junior final. You dont have a triple axel. You know what? I went and won the junior final that year. I was told I couldnt make junior worlds without a triple axel. I got third.It was all about, I cant make the Olympic team without a quad. I made the Olympic team. I was told, You never have a chance of the podium at the Olympics. I was sixth after the short. I was less than a point from third, and I think I turned a lot of peoples heads when it happened, and so I think from that, its really about believing in yourself that you can do it.Brown knocked on the nearest wood as he pointed out hes not one to bomb. And when he does make a mistake, hes adept at recovering quickly.This is sport, he said. Crazy things happen all the time. Someone who does four quads may have an off-day that day and fall, and you seize the moment.Two-time Olympic team coach Audrey Weisiger, now a consultant for other coaches developing Olympic athletes like Brown, said since Sochi, Brown now has a mans physique and is very, very, very capable of landing quads consistently.In the meantime, though, I think hes one of most beautiful skaters we have in our competitive community, Weisiger said. People are drawn to him even if he doesnt do quads. People want to watch him. Youll see in competitions multiple standing ovations for him ... if he adds in a clean quad, he will be unbeatable.Brown said he has to guard against overtraining and reinjuring his back.My goal is to make the next Olympic team, he said. I want to be able to be on the podium, and I want to be able to be on the podium with doing three quads in my program and doing two quads in my short. Those are definitely big goals, but I cant do it injured. So for me, its just doing it the best that works for me and coming every day and constantly doing the best that I can and doing it right and right for me.Rippon fell on his opening quad toe at Skate America but was judged to have completed all four rotations. He said he would like to add another and land them cleanly before nationals. But the 2016 U.S. champion is with Brown: While he is working on quads, it is going to have to be done carefully.When I see somebody like Nathan, who is doing five quads, you know what, Im not going to do that tomorrow, Rippon said. Thats impossible. Im not 17, Im 26. So I have to take a different approach. My approach has to be a little bit more mindful. Hes already had a surgery. Ive never had hip surgery. Ive never had any surgery. Ive had a relatively healthy career, and mentally, Ive really focused on taking the whole thing rather than one thing dictating how its going to affect the program.Rippon also agrees with Brown that the power of a beautiful artistic performance should not be forgotten.When I go out there, I want to put on the best performance I can because thats what I remember growing up, Rippon said. I remember Michelle Kwan making me want to rip my heart out she was so good. I remember Tara Lipinski. I remember Alexei Yagudin and yes, they could have looked around and seen Timothy Goebel trying three quads, but they did what they knew was their best. And they pushed themselves to have those clean performances because thats what really gets people involved. And judges are people.Weisiger said both the American men and women have a chance at the Olympic podium in South Korea.Skating is one of those things where on the day of the Olympics, anything can happen, and sometimes when you get an Olympic champion, people are scratching their heads, Weisiger said. Whats brewing now is what happens in the Olympics. There is some skater out there getting ready to be an Olympic champion that we may not know at all. Nike Flex Shoes On Sale . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0 in the second leg of their playoff for a comfortable 4-1 aggregate victory. Victor Moses converted a 20th-minute penalty after an Ethiopian handball, and Victor Obinna made certain of Nigerias place in Brazil with his powerful free kick in the 82nd at UJ Esuene Stadium. Discount Nike Flex . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. http://www.cheapnikeflex.com/ .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Cheap Nike Flex Running Shoes . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Cheap Nike Flex China . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Tempted to toss the loser of the Florida State-Ole Miss game out of the College Football Playoff? Ready to crown Bama national champs after a win over USC (8 p.m. ET, ABC)?Throw some cold water on those hot takes.History reminds us Week 1 is a mirage; that come late November, all of these winners (and losers) will look completely different. After reviewing the first week of each of the past two seasons in the CFP, here are five reminders to help keep perspective in spite of so many games of such magnitude:Dont overreact to a Texas A&M winIn each of the past two seasons, the Aggies have wowed us -- for a skinny minute -- in Week 1. Remember 2014? Kenny Trill? A&M hammered No. 9 South Carolina 52-28 -- in Columbia! There was only one problem: The Gamecocks werent even close to being a top-10 team and finished unranked, deflating what appeared to be a statement win. Last year, A&M beat No. 15 Arizona State 38-17. No matter. It was irrelevant after the Aggies finished the regular season with four losses and quarterbacks Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray transferred. Dont be surprised if Texas A&M wins on Saturday against No. 16 UCLA. Be surprised if it amounts to something.Get your body clocks readyEven former CFP committee chair Jeff Long can joke about this phrase, which became associated with Stanfords shocking 16-6 loss to Northwestern last year in a game which kicked off at 11 a.m. local time. I think we would not be doing our due diligence if we didnt recognize that that team was playing at 9:00 a.m. Pacific, Long said on Nov. 10 when asked if Stanfords body clocks were really a factor. So get ready: Somebody is going to lose unexpectedly again, and when they do -- remember, its not over. Stanford went on to lose to Oregon too and was still in contention ffor the top four.ddddddddddddithhold judgment on OklahomaIn 2014, the Sooners were ranked No. 4 in the Associated Press preseason poll and finished the season unranked by the selection committee. Last year, Oklahoma was No. 19 in the preseason poll -- and finished in the CFP semifinals at No. 4. The Sooners fate will not be determined by Saturdays result against Houston (12 p.m. ET, ABC). Oklahoma could go on to run the table, beat a top-ranked Ohio State along the way and earn a spot in the CFP just as it did last year in spite of a loss to Texas. A win is the first step in a long road to getting back to a semifinal.An LSU win over Wisconsin can be quickly forgottenIn 2014, LSU beat No. 14-ranked Wisconsin 28-24 -- and then lost at home to an unranked Mississippi State team three weeks later. It was only the beginning of the Tigers unraveling that year, as they went on to lose to Auburn, Alabama and Arkansas that 8-5 season. So it goes in the SEC West. If LSU can win in Lambeau Field on Saturday (3:30 p.m ET, ABC), the Tigers will obviously pad their résumé with a quality nonconference win, but it will only matter if theyre relevant in the SEC race this time around.Alabama is the lone preseason favorite with staying powerThe only consistent team from start to finish in the playoff era has been the Tide, which has been ranked in the top four in each of the past two AP preseason polls and managed to finish in the top four of the committees rankings both years. No. 1 Alabama is again a CFP front-runner heading into Saturdays game against USC. Until proven otherwise, expect the Tide to remain relevant through the SEC schedule. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.