w.I like one thing: the mentality of the team. Its 1-1 and

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 02.01.2019 11:36
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- After putting on a show in Death Valley back in October, Clemsons Deshaun Watson and Louisvilles Lamar Jackson will face off again.This time in New York with the Heisman Trophy on the line.The Atlantic Coast Conference quarterbacks who dueled in one of the best games of the college football season were named Heisman finalists Monday, along with Michigans versatile star Jabrill Peppers and Oklahoma teammates Baker Mayfield and Dede Westbrook.The award will be presented Saturday in Manhattan.Watson finished third in last years voting, won by Alabama running back Derrick Henry. Just like last year, he heads to New York not as the favorite but as the contender coming on strong at the end.You just dont have a lot of two-time Heisman finalists over the history of your program. He is our first, and hes very deserving, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said in a statement. Ive said it before; I believe he is the best player in the nation and has been a great representative of our University.Mayfield finished fourth last season, but did not get an invitation to attend the Heisman presentation in New York.Westbrook and Mayfield are the first teammates to be finalists since Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart from Southern California finished first and third, respectively in 2005.I knew he was going, Mayfield said of Westbrook. I had all the confidence in the world that Dede was going to get invited. It was more of a relief that my name got called. And then, I was just waiting to see his name pop up and see his highlights. Its enjoyable the two of us up there together.Peppers is the first defensive player to be a Heisman finalists since Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo was a distant runner-up to Johnny Manziel in 2012.Finalists are determined by the margins between vote-getters. The ballots of more than 900 voters, which include former Heisman winners, were due Monday.Watson entered as the preseason favorite in what looked like a strong field of contenders, but Jackson quickly swept past them all to be front-runner. He was brilliant for the first two months of the season and Louisville was looking like a College Football Playoff contender.It seemed as if Jackson would be a runaway Heisman winner, but the 15th-ranked Cardinals lost their final two games of the season. He was sacked 11 times in a lopsided loss at Houston and he committed four turnovers in a last-second loss against Kentucky. The last player to win the Heisman after his team lost its final two games was Notre Dames Tim Brown in 1987.Watson, meanwhile, has surged since Clemsons only loss to Pitt in mid-November. He also had the benefit of playing in the ACC title game last Saturday and took full advantage of the spotlight. Watson threw three touchdown passes and ran for two scores in a 42-35 victory against Virginia Tech to seal a spot in the College Football Playoff.The raw numbers still favor Jackson, who is second in the nation in total yards per game (410.7) and has accounted for 51 touchdowns (21 rushing TDs and 30 TD passes) with 13 turnovers (nine INTs and four lost fumbles) in 12 games. Watson averages 341.8 yards per game and has 43 touchdowns (six rushing and 37 passing) with 15 turnovers (all interceptions) in 13 games.When the two met on Oct. 1 at Clemson, Watson threw for 306 yards and five touchdowns, ran for 91 and was picked off three times. Jackson had 295 yards passing, 162 rushing and accounted for three touchdowns with one interception. Clemson won 42-36.It will mean a lot, Jackson said about the possibility of winning. Just being the first person to win it (at) the University of Louisville, so itll be an honor.Mayfield and Westbrook have been a dynamic combination, and late in the season No. 7 Oklahoma started a dual campaign to promote both for the Heisman. Mayfield is on pace to break the NCAA record for passer efficiency rating in a season (197.75). Westbrook has 74 catches for 1,465 yards and 16 touchdowns and has more receptions covering at least 20 yards (26) than any receiver in the country.Peppers played defense, offense and special teams for Michigan, lining up all over the field. He had 60 tackles, three sacks and an interception on defense, scored three touchdowns on offense being used mostly as a wildcat quarterback and averaged 14.8 yards with a touchdown on punt returns.Still, he was a bit of a surprising finalist.Alabama defensive lineman Jonathan Allen, Florida State running back Dalvin Cook and Washington quarterback Jake Browning were among those who were considered potential finalists that did not draw enough support to get an invitation to New York.---Follow Ralph D. Russo at www.Twitter.com/ralphDrussoAPMore college football http://collegefootball.ap.org/ Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Air Max 95 For Sale Online . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.airmax95cheap.com/ . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. Cheap Air Max 95 China . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Air Max 95 Cheap Authentic . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Danish attacker Morten Nordstrand has spared Jack Duncans blushes after his disastrous own goal, scoring in the dying seconds to defeat Adelaide 2-1 and thrust Newcastle into the A-Leagues top six.Substitute Nordstrand, in his first game back from injury, scored a 94th-minute winner to add to Andrew Nabbouts first-half opener and cancel out Duncans goalkeeping howler, which appeared certain to throw away victory on Friday night.The calamity went down in the 68th minute when, with Newcastle well in control, Isaias curled a free-kick into the box.Attempting a two-fisted clearance on the slippery surface at McDonald Jones Stadium, Duncan instead punched the ball into the ground and then his own net.It was the 23-year-olds second match-changing mistake against the Reds this season after he clattered into teammate Daniel Mullen in the opening round to hand them a 1-1 equaliser.Nevertheless, the result marks the Jets first triumph over Adelaide in two years and caps a two-week revival thats lifted them from ninth place into, at least temporarily, finals contention.Meanwhile, Guillermo Amors last-placed defending champions sink further into the quagmire of a sorry season in which they have six points from 11 games.It wasnt for a lack of chances, and the Reds could have scored twice in quick succession when Henriques deflected shot trickled wide just before Iacopo La Roccas header hit the post in the first half.Sergio Cirio would have had one before his teammates had Duncan not put a glove on his stirring third-minute effort.ddddddddddddBut Mark Jones men were in an enterprising mood after last weeks morale-boosting 2-1 upset of PerthAnd in the end they drew first blood via one of the leagues most-improved players in Nabbout.The in-form Wayne Brown fed Devante Clut, who cleverly drew an opponent and sent a pinpoint pass to Nabbout.The livewire wingers reaction was just as precise, taking a touch before calmly drilling low past Eugene Galekovic.Though United fought for an equaliser they left their resolve in the dressing room at halftime.The Jets stayed in the hunt and Andrew Hoole found dangerous areas but misplaced his decision-making skills at the final touch.He hit the post in the dying minutes and Brown was also denied, leaving Nordstrand to seal the match with his second goal of the campaign.Magnificent result, Jones said.I got a heart attack but we played again for 90 minutes and hung in there, and no better reward than to score late and get a result.Jones described Duncans error as irrelevant.It wasnt his greatest moment this year, but hes saved more than hes let in, he said.We move on. Im not too fussed about that at all.Adelaide coach Guillermo Amor praised his team for fighting for three points instead of trying to hold onto a draw.I like one thing: the mentality of the team. Its 1-1 and the team thinks, Well go for a win, he said.We go with risk. I like this. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.