ords Justin Carney displayed incredible str

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 27.12.2018 14:11
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Latest from SEC mens basketball media day on Wednesday (all times local):6:05 p.m.John Calipari has ignited another firestorm at Kentucky. This time its an internal squabble.The Kentucky coach said Wednesday at SEC media day his statement that his current crop could be one of his best prompted an immediate reaction from some of his past Wildcats.All those guys have already hit me like, `So, this may be your best group, Calipari said. Trey (Lyles) hit me, Karl (Anthony Towns) hit me. Devin (Booker), they all hit me. Tyler (Ulis). `Really? This may be your best group?Towns led the Wildcats to a 38-0 start before losing 71-64 to Wisconsin in the Final Four, denying Kentucky the first unbeaten championship season since Indiana in 1976. Calipari said that group had some alpha dogs on it, more into winning and supporting teammates.So how did Calipari respond? He texted back that he needed to see if he has any alpha dogs like they were.And they went, `Thank you.Kentucky is the preseason favorite to win the SEC again and Calipari has two preseason first-team All-SEC picks in freshmen Edrice Bam Adebayo and guard DeAron Fox. Guards Isaiah Briscoe and Malik Monk are on the second team.---4:15 p.m.Alabama coach Avery Johnson says he has benefited from working at the same school as Crimson Tide football coach Nick Saban.Coach Saban laughs all the time and say Ive met with him more in the last 16 months than the last two coaches combined, Johnson said. Thats intentional. I like to pick his brain about things. I like going to their practices and watch him work with the defensive backs every day, just like I work with our point guards. Its a lot of synergy there. We have a strong relationship.Johnson, who led his squad to an 18-15 record and an NIT berth last season, says he doesnt worry about getting overshadowed by an Alabama football program that has won four of the last seven national championships.Were not trying to be in the shadows of football, Johnson said. Were trying to partner with football, walk side by side and figure out a way that we can leverage their success to help us. I embrace it.---2:30 p.m.Auburn coach Bruce Pearl says its understandable why SECs football can stifle early season enthusiasm for basketball on league campuses.Pearly says, The SEC West is stronger than the AFC South right now in football.Pearl noted that isnt the case at other conferences.When we are playing college football in late October and early November, were just getting started in the SEC, Pearl said. Were just getting warmed up. Our best games are just coming. Half the Big Ten is ready for college basketball right now. ... Half of the ACC is ready for college basketball right now. Their football seasons over. Not in the SEC.Pearl emphasized he wasnt blaming the SECs football prowess for the leagues basketball struggles. He instead said that we should celebrate the SECs football strength and that we shouldnt shy away from it.Its not the reason why basketballs not good, Pearl said. We do have to get our fans and our kids a little bit more excited about November basketball. And we as coaches have to go out and win some more games in November.---1:35 p.m.In the first injury news of the SEC basketball season, Tennessee coach Rick Barnes arrived for his news conference Wednesday at SEC media day wearing a sling after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery.Barnes said at the start of preseason practice that hes been wearing the sling since late September and was told at the time that he would need it for six weeks. That should enable him to have the sling removed in plenty of time for Tennessees Nov. 11 season opener with Chattanooga.---12:25 p.m.South Carolina coach Frank Martin says he has dropped 35 pounds during the offseason to make up for the weight gain that had occurred in the early years of his tenure.Martin said he weighs somewhere between 259-263 pounds now and wants to get to 250. He said he was touching 296 in April.I cut out the two things I love the most in life outside of my wife -- bread and rice, Martin quipped. I started working out pretty hard again. ... I dont do sodas. I dont drink alcohol, but I like me a piece of dessert, so we had to cut that out.Martin offered a simple reason for changing his diet and workout habits.I want to be a father to my children, Martin said. Thats the most important thing to me in my life. I want to see them grow and I dont want to deprive myself of that because I dont take care of myself.Martin said he had gotten out of shape from all the hours spent trying to build South Carolina into a winning program.There were a lot of nights shaking hands, doing dinners, having late-night conversations, eating junk food at midnight trying to turn every stone, watch every minute of tape, make every phone call to bring fans back into the building, to recruit a better player, to be better as a coach to help your present players, Martin said. That beats you up a little bit. I stopped working out and my eating habits kind of soured.---11:55 a.m.LSU coach Johnny Jones says it is fair to criticize him for the Tigers inability to earn an NCAA Tournament bid last season with the No. 1 overall NBA draft pick Ben Simmons on the roster.Ill be that guy who will stand up and say anything that was lacking in last years team, you can certainly point it at me, Jones said Thursday. Im the head basketball coach. At the end of the day, all that falls on my shoulder and we continue to get better. But at the end of the day, if youre in the top three in a conference of this magnitude, youd think youd get in the NCAA Tournament, but you just didnt have any control over that.Jones stopped short of saying the entire season was a disappointment, pointing to LSUs accomplishments. The Tigers went 19-14 overall and 11-7 in conference play to finish in a three-way tie for third place in the league.I think at the end of the day, not making the tournament was a disappointment, but we did not declare that as a disappointing year for us, Jones said. We were 8-1 at home (in conference play). We had a tremendous fan base. We averaged over 11,000 fans a game, the third-largest increase in the country last year. So a lot of positive things happened for our team last year.---10:40 a.m.Kentucky is the media favorite yet again to win the Southeastern Conference basketball title.A media panel made the Wildcats as the overall preseason pick for the 12th time since the 1998-99 season in voting announced Wednesday.Florida was picked to finish second, followed by Texas A&M, Georgia, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi and Mississippi State rounding out the top 10. Rounding out the preseason picks is Auburn at 11, followed by LSU, Tennessee and Missouri.Arkansas senior forward Moses Kingsley is the preseason player of the year.Georgias J.J. Frazier, Tyler Davis of Texas A&M and Kentucky teammates Edrice Bam Adebayo and DeAaron Fox join Kingsley on the preseason All-SEC team with another pair of Wildcats on the second-team in Isaiah Briscoe and Malik Monk.---Online: www.collegebasketball.ap.org Air Max 97 Cheap Online . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Wholesale Air Max 97 . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. http://www.airmax97cheap.com/ . Booth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Cheap Air Max 97 Online . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. Air Max 97 Sale Cheap . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season.Rugby league returns to St James Park for the second successive year, with six matches taking place across Saturday and Sunday, and you can watch every minute live on Sky Sports. Weve rounded up the best efforts from all the Magic Weekends and are now putting it to you to pick your favourite. Watch the videos below to see the contenders - including Justin Carneys efforts in 2014 and Jarrod Sammuts stunner back in 2010 - then vote in the poll below... No 1: David Hodgsons winner for Hull KR We look back at David Hodgsons match-winning try for Hull KR against Hull FC in 2012 Hull KR were running out of time at the Etihad Stadium back in 2012 against their fierce rivals Hull FC. The Rovers started the last set of the games almost under their posts and some lovely offloading and quick hands gave Hodgson the space to show his pace and go over in the corner to clinch the win. No 2: Jordan Tanseys controversial try Take a look at Jordan Tanseys controversial try for Leeds against Bradford in 2007 With Bradford leading 38-36 in 2007, and less than a minute to play, referee Steve Ganson awarded a penalty to Leeds for offside. Kevin Sinfield lined up 40 metres out on the left touchline and let fly. The kick looked good before falling just short, eventually hitting the bar - but Jordan Tansey followed up and touched down. Despite Tansey being in front of the kicker, the four-pointer was awarded. Cue pandemonium, and a Sinfield cartwheel to boot!No 3: Sleight of hand from Sam Tomkins Watch Sam Tomkins try for Wigan v Saints in 2012 Wigan were in fine form in their Magic Weekend clash with fierce rivals St Helens in 2012 and were 16-0 up after 20 minutes - and it only got worse for Saints. Full-back Tomkins took the ball just on the half-way line, and threw it up as if he was going to pass to Harrison Hansen, who was coming in at pace on the inside. However, it was misdirection of the highest order as Tomkins regathered and then turned on the afterburners to cut through Wigans defence and score in the corner. No 4: McGillvary and Brough deny Dragons Watch Huddersfields stunning late show against Catalans in 2015 Jermaine McGillvary and Danny Brough snatched a dramatic 22-22 draw for Huddersfield against Catalans at the 2015 Magic Weekend. The Giants kept the ball alive before working it out wide to McGillvary, who used his pace and power to touch down in the corner, with Brough nailing the touchline conversion.No 5: Joe Burgess races 60m to score for Wigan Watch Joe Burgess try for Wigan against Leeds in 2015 Warriors full-back Matty Bowen had a storming game against Leeds in 2015 and was named man of the match for his performance, which included a brace of tries.dddddddddddd He also set up this blinder for Burgess - after fielding a kick deep in his half, he passed to Burgess who cut inside the Rhinos defence to score. No 6: Sammuts stunner for Crusaders Watch Jarrod Sammuts try in the Crusaders win over Bradford in 2010 Jarrod Sammut shows great hands and kicking skills to score a fantastic try in the Celtic Crusaders 19-0 win over Bradford Bulls at Murrayfield in 2010.No 7: Adrian Morley scores for Warrington Take a look back at Adrian Morleys try for Warrington against St Helens in 2013 Back in 2013, Warrington produced a superb performance to beat St Helens 48-22 at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester. One of the tries of the game was when Adrian Morley scored a cracking effort after a break from Mickey Higham.No 8: Graham Beecroft gets soaked Watch Graham Beecroft get a soaking during an interview with Widnes skipper Kevin Brown in 2014 The moment Graham Beecroft got a soaking in 2014, during an interview with Widnes skipper Kevin Brown after the Vikings had beaten Salford 30-24.No 9: The Tank on the Flank Watch Castlefords Justin Carney power over for a try against Wakefield in 2014 Castlefords Justin Carney displayed incredible strength to fight off four Wakefield defenders and score at the 2014 Magic Weeeknd. The Tigers winger finished with two tries as Cas ran out 50-12 victors.No 10: McGuires five-star showDanny McGuire scored an incredible five tries as Leeds maintained their unbeaten record at Magic Weekend with a 37-22 victory over Bradford Bulls at Manchesters Etihad Stadium in 2012. Watch Danny McGuires fifth try for Leeds Rhinos against Bradford Bulls in 2012 Also See: Get Magic Weekend tickets Rugby League on Sky Fixtures and results Follow @SkySportsRL Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.