ld, and Sharapova finally grabbed her firs

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.12.2018 13:54
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Simona Halep beat Angelique Kerber over three sets to reach the Rogers Cup final in Montreal.The Romanian, 24, won 6-0, 3-6, 6-2 to avenge her Wimbledon quarterfinal defeat, making a particularly sharp start.Germanys Kerber, the Australian Open champion, responded with an impressive second set.The 28-year-old world No. 2 threatened to continue that by building a 2-0 lead in the decisive set at the end of a run of winning six straight games.As happened in the first set, however, Halep again won six consecutive games of her own to secure victory.Victory will take her from fifth to third in the world rankings, and secures a shot at Madison Keys or tournament surprise package Kristina Kucova in Sundays final. Nike Blazer Shoes For Sale . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Nike Blazer Cheap . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. http://www.cheapnikeblazer.com/ . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Blazers Online Cheap . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. Nike Blazer Sale Online . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year.PARIS -- For one full set, Maria Sharapova was about as bad as can be. The French Opens defending champion could not direct the ball where she wanted at the start of her quarterfinal against Serbias Jelena Jankovic. Point after point ended with a mistake by Sharapova -- long, wide, into the net, 20 unforced errors in all. It added up to only the sixth time in 626 career matches that Sharapova dropped a first set at love. She lost all of those others, never even forcing a third set. Sharapova did not go quietly Wednesday, though, turning up the level of her shot-making and the volume of her "Come on!" shouts on the way to beating the 18th-seeded Jankovic 0-6, 6-4, 6-3. "I wanted to put that chapter behind me," the second-seeded Sharapova said. "No matter how many errors I made or how disappointed I was with the way I started the match, I knew that I still could try to create chances out there; obviously taking them is another question. But I knew that I was capable of doing much better." Jankovic didnt so much earn her early lead as accept it: Of the 27 points she won in that first set, only two came via her winners. Down the stretch, Jankovic faded, losing the final four games. She was wearing beige strips of tape on her right shoulder and both thighs and said playing singles, womens doubles and mixed doubles these two weeks caught up with her. "I needed a bit more gas in my tank to finish this match off," she acknowledged. In Thursdays semifinals, Sharapova will face No. 3 Victoria Azarenka of Belarus, the two-time Australian Open champion, who eliminated her friend and former doubles partner, No. 12 Maria Kirilenko of Russia, 7-6 (3), 6-2 to reach the semifinals at the fourth major tournament in a row. Azarenka, who is 7-5 against Sharapova, summed up their latest matchup of power-based games this way: "Definitely going to be exciting and interesting." The other womens semifinal is No. 1 Serena Williams, a 15-time Grand Slam champion, against No. 5 Sara Errani of Italy. They won their quarterfinals Tuesday. Its the first French Open semifinal for Williams since 2003, the year after she won her only title in Paris. Errani, who is 0-5 against Williams, was the runner-up to Sharapova 12 months ago. "I never expected to get to the semifinals this year after makiing last years final.dddddddddddd. There was a lot of pressure this year and Im happy that I was able to handle it," Errani said. "Well see how the semifinal goes." Sharapovas 2012 French Open title completed a career Grand Slam, adding to championships at Wimbledon in 2004, the U.S. Open in 2006 and the Australian Open in 2008. For someone who used to mock her own inability to move well on red clay, Sharapova sure is taking to the slow surface nowadays: Shes won 12 consecutive matches at Roland Garros, where her 42-9 career record leads active women. Azarenka has never been as successful on clay as faster grass or hard courts, and Thursdays match will be her first French Open semifinal. But shes getting more and more comfortable on what some players call "dirt." Asked by a reporter to describe her "relationship" with clay, Azarenka joked: "I still dont have any ring on my finger. But I feel like, you know, we made a step forward. We are moving in together." Against 2008 U.S. Open runner-up Jankovic, Sharapova needed 35 minutes to win a single game. In the meantime, nearly every point Jankovic claimed was raucously celebrated by a group of four fans sitting behind her brother (who is also her coach). At a changeover, Jankovic looked up at them with a wide smile as they sang her first name and waved a Serbian flag. But eventually, Jankovic began missing more -- and Sharapova began finding the range. A forehand winner helped set up a break point for Sharapova in the second sets first game, and Jankovic handed it over with a double-fault. That was part of a run in which Sharapova won seven of eight points to go ahead 2-0. "Really important. You know, at least give her something to think about," Sharapova said. "She was a bit in cruise control for a long period of time." At 3-all in the third, a pair of Jankovic backhands into the net and one perfect forehand passing shot by Sharapova led to the sets first break point. Sharapova capitalized with a well-timed return of a 107 mph serve, forcing yet another backhand error. The match was nearly two hours old, and Sharapova finally grabbed her first lead. "It was certainly nice to change things around," Sharapova said, "because I wasnt doing much in the first six games." Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.