Thats the way Kole plays, Scioscia said. Hes a great ri

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 25.12.2018 13:15
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Double Olympic champion Heather Stanning has announced her retirement from rowing. The 31-year-old claimed gold in the womens pair with Helen Glover at London 2012 and Rio 2016 as part of an unbeaten record going back to 2011.Stanning is currently serving as a major in the army and is left to reflect on a dream career, which ended in glory with her great friend Glover in Rio in the summer. I started rowing for the social and fun side of the sport at university, but [coach] Paul Stannard showed me I had potential in the sport and guided me through my early years, at U23s and then onto the senior team, Stanning said.Winning with Olivia [Whitlam] at U23s sparked a desire within me to aspire for bigger things.I must also thank Eira [Parry] and Miles [Forbes-Thomas] for their help and coaching as Helen and I started out with the team, but partnering with Helen and Robin [Williams] has been the dream career.I could not have wished for anyone else to share the Olympic journey with. Glover and Stanning (left) in action in Brazil Glover, who looks set to continue her career, paid tribute to Stannings achievements alongside her in the boat.Heather has been my team-mate for six years and in that time has been my voice of logic, a driving force, my friend, and my maid of honour, she said.Im fortunate enough to have sat at the start line of two Olympic Games with Heather. There is nobody else I would have wanted in the boat with me in those moments.She is dependable, determined, and a formidable athlete. The army has given us both incredible support and I am sure she will continue to flourish in her career.Thank you, Heather, not just for the success we shared, but for making it the most fun journey possible. Also See: England face Scots at Euros Konta wins Sportswoman poll Calgary gold for Christie Two more cycling golds for GB Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. Nike MLB Jerseys Autographed . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. http://www.cheapmlbjerseyssigned.com/ .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Stitched Nike MLB Jerseys . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. Discount Nike MLB Jerseys .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Another rare achievement by Mike Trout wasnt enough to end the Angels long losing streak.Nelson Cruz hit his 30th home run to lead Felix Hernandez and the Seattle Mariners past Los Angeles 3-2 on Monday night as the Angels matched a franchise record with their 11th consecutive defeat.The Angels had lost 11 straight on three other occasions, but never under manager Mike Scioscia. Last in the AL West, Los Angeles (49-69) is a season-high 20 games under .500.The last time the team dropped 11 in a row was during the 1999 season.I dont know if were looking for a spark or if were looking to grind it out, play our own offense and create or own breaks, Scioscia said. Right now, were just not getting enough done, but we will turn this around and we will play better.Hernandez (7-4) struck out eight and pitched into the seventh inning to earn his 150th win and help the Mariners remain two games behind Boston for the second AL wild card.King Felix has 328 career strikeouts against Los Angeles, surpassing Roger Clemens for the most of any pitcher vs. the Angels.You always have the confidence that youre going to get to him, Scioscia said. But you know there arent going to be a lot of opportunities when youre facing a pitcher of his caliber.Hernandez gave up two runs in 6 2/3 innings. He struck out six straight before yielding a home run to Trout, whose seven homers off Hernandez are the most by any active player in the majors.I was trying to strike out Trout, too, but I left that pitch up, Hernandez said. Hes my nightmare. Hes got my number.Trout also stole his 20th base, marking the third time hes reached 20 home runs and 20 steals in a season. He became the seventh player in major league history with three 20-20 seasons and is the only one still active, now that Alex Rodriguez was released by the Yankees.Trout belted his 23rd homer in the fifth, making the score 3-2.Cruz drove Ricky Nolascos 2-2 curveball into the left-field stands in the fifth to become the sixth player in Mariners history with multiple 30-homer seasons. Its the fourth consecutive season Cruz has hit 30 or more.Nolasco (4-10) issued walks to Cruz and Kyle Seager in the fourth before Adam Lind singled home Cruz, and Mike Zunino singled in Seager.dddddddddddd Cruzs fifth-inning homer put Seattle up 3-1.Nolasco hasnt won a home game since May 25, 2015. He is winless in his last 14 home starts between Minnesota and Los Angeles.I thought it was decent, Nolasco said. I had to battle, for the most part. I was pretty frustrated with the two walks there in the fourth. I think that was the difference in the game. The homer was the scoring difference, but its the walks that really bothered me.With one on and two outs and the Mariners hanging onto a 3-2 lead in the seventh, Seager hit a deep liner to right field, but Kole Calhoun went over the fence and into the stands to make the catch and end the inning.Thats the way Kole plays, Scioscia said. Hes a great right fielder. He kept us in the game with that catch.Edwin Diaz earned the save with a perfect ninth inning. Hes converted all seven save opportunities since moving into the closer role on Aug. 2.The Angels scored in the first when Nick Buss hit an opposite-field double to drive in Cliff Pennington with two outs. It was Buss first major league RBI.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: LHP James Paxton is still dealing with lingering effects from taking a line drive off his forearm in his last outing. The bruised forearm will force Paxton to skip his turn in the rotation Tuesday and might land him on the 15-day disabled list.Angels: RHP Garrett Richards was cleared to play catch for the first time since tearing his ulnar collateral ligament on May 6. Richards threw 25 pitches from 45 feet and will continue with the regimen until the end of the season.UP NEXTMariners: LHP Ariel Miranda (1-0, 6.00 ERA) will start in place of Paxton on Tuesday. Miranda, acquired from Baltimore for Wade Miley at the trade deadline, will make his fifth major league start and third for the Mariners.Angels: RHP Jhoulys Chacin (2-6, 6.00) will make his second start since returning to the rotation after a stint in the bullpen. Chacin took the spot held by Tim Lincecum after he was designated for assignment. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.