a 1-0 home loss to the LA Galaaxy on O

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 24.12.2018 13:24
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Dance parties. Dark chocolate. Calls to mom.All are helping Missy Franklin cope with an Olympics gone wrong.A huge star at the London Games four years ago, Franklin has been one of the biggest U.S. disappointments in Rio de Janeiro -- an inexplicable fall shes at a loss to explain.I really wish I could tell you, Franklin said Thursday after another lackluster swim. In my mind, I made the hardest sacrifices Ive ever had to make this year. Ive poured myself into this every single day for the whole year and the three years leading up to that. For whatever reason, its just not happening at this meet.As a high school senior-to-be in 2012, Franklin competed in a staggering seven events, winning four gold medals and a bronze. She became only the second American woman, after Amy Van Dyken, to capture four golds at a single Olympics.But following two years swimming collegiately at California and then turning pro last summer, Franklin hasnt been able to recapture the form that made her one of the most-hyped -- and heavily sponsored -- U.S. athletes heading into the Rio Olympics.She struggled at the U.S. trials, qualifying for the team in only two individual events, both with runner-up finishes.In Rio, she failed to even qualify for the final of the 200-meter freestyle. After that showing, the coaches only picked her to swim the preliminary of the 4x200 free relay, a decision that would have seemed unfathomable just a few months ago but didnt meet with any protest from Franklin.I was absolutely fine with it, Franklin said. They 100 percent made the right decision.The 21-year-old still earned a gold medal -- the fifth of her career -- when a Katie Ledecky-led squad swam to victory in the relay final Wednesday night.That did little to ease the sting for Franklin. Shes ready to go home to Colorado.Being totally honest, Im doing better because its almost over, she said. The closer we get, its just good reminders that this is a disappointing swim meet for me. Its a disappointing race, its a disappointing swim meet. Life goes on. This is just one phase of my life that I worked so hard for and made so many sacrifices for and for whatever reason it didnt go my way. It doesnt mean Im anywhere close to being done with the sport, that I dont feel like I have anything left, because I do.Franklin has coped with her struggles by leaning heavily on her religious faith.My faith in God is really getting me through, she said. I know that hes going to make something beautiful out of this, hes going to transform me and my life into doing something from all of this. I have no clue what that is. I wish I could ask him what hes going to do.Her teammates are doing all they can to help.I just throw a couple of random dance parties. I take some really, really horrendous Snapchats of her, Cierra Runge said. Whatever I can do to make her laugh.Those Dove chocolate candies with the inspirational message on the wrapper help, too.One of the verses really stuck with Franklin.Every day is an opportunity to change things for the better, she recounted. That was a good reminder that regardless of how things have been going, how Ive been feeling, every day is a new opportunity.And, of course, she can always turn to her family.Youre never too old to call your mom and cry and ask her for advice, Franklin said. She just told me that its going to be OK, and thats all I needed to hear. Yeah, its hard right now. Its probably the hardest thing Ive had to go through. But its going to be OK. Im loved. Im supported. When you put things in perspective, if a disappointing meet is the worst thing that happens in my life, then I have a pretty damn good life.Franklin was competing Thursday in her final event of the Games, the 200 backstroke, an event she won at London. She gave little indication of turning things around in the preliminaries, managing only the 11th-best time at 2 minutes, 9.36 seconds. And it didnt get any better in the semifinals, where she finished 14th in 2:09.74.?Franklin will return to Cal in the fall to resume her studies, but she made clear that her swimming career isnt over.If theres a bright side, Franklin has learned just how much shes really loved.Yeah, its a disappointment. But the support Ive received has shown me so much more than I ever couldve expected, she said. Youre so much more than the number of medals you have, youre so much more than the time you spend in the pool, your value goes so beyond all of that. I dont think I ever wouldve come to that realization without going through something like this.Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.coms Bonnie D. Ford was used in this report. Jordan 13 China Wholesale . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Wholesale Jordan Retro 13 . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. http://www.cheapairjordan13.com/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Cheap Jordan 13 Online . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Jordan 13 Cheap China . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. A week ago, the Colorado Rapids controlled their own fate in the race for the Supporters Shield and the home-pitch advantage that comes with earning MLSs best overall record.But a 1-0 loss at Portland combined with a 2-1 win by FC Dallas on Oct. 16 put the Rapids behind the proverbial eight-ball: even if they beat Houston on Sunday afternoon in the two teams regular season finale at Dicks Sporting Goods Field in the Denver suburb of Commerce City, Colorado needs FC Dallas to lose to gain the leagues top record.The Rapids are unbeaten at home this year, winning 11 times and drawing five matches. Colorado is attempting to be just the fifth team in MLS history to go through the season without a home loss.Weve made sure weve had a good week of practice and well need to bring a lot of good energy into the game, Rapids coach Pablo Mastroeni said. We respect Houston and we have to approach this game with 100 percent focus. We will put our best foot forward and we will do everything we can to win this game and then think about the playoffs.Colorado (15-6-12, 57 points) had its three-match winning streak come to an end with its loss on Oct. 16 while the Dynamo had their winless streak extended to four matches with a third defeat in that time when they suffered a second consecutive shutout in a 1-0 home loss to the LA Galaaxy on Oct.dddddddddddd16.The Rapids have claimed 38 of 57 possible points at Dicks Sporting Goods Park, which is the most they have ever won on home soil. A win on Sunday would take them to 41 points at home, equaling the league high for a season (LA Galaxy, 2011 and FC Dallas, last year).The teams are meeting for the second time this season and the second time in the past three weeks. Colorado beat Houston 3-2 on Oct. 8, when Dominique Badji scored twice and Shkelzen Gashi hit for a late winner for the Rapids, who overcame a pair of goals from the Dynamos Mauro Manotas.The Dynamo havent won at Dicks Sporting Goods Park since 2008, with the Rapids winning the last three meetings in Commerce City.Houston (7-14-12) is on course to have its worst regular season in franchise history. The Dynamo own just 33 points, which equals their lowest total in their 11 seasons in MLS. That previous low season came in 2010, when the league employed a 30-match regular season schedule, four less than this season.The Dynamo failed to qualify for the playoffs for a third straight season and will register their fewest-ever wins in season. Houstons previous low was in 2010, when it managed a 9-15-6 record. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.