nths beyond that," Canucks general mana

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.12.2018 10:19
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Blue Jays reliever Joaquin Benoit will miss the rest of the regular season after tearing his left calf muscle when he tripped and fell while running in from the bullpen the second time benches cleared during Mondays 7-5 loss to the New York Yankees.Benoit expects to be out for at least two to three weeks, meaning he likely wont pitch again unless the Blue Jays make deep playoff run.Second baseman Devon Travis will not play the opener of Tuesdays pivotal series against Baltimore after he jammed his surgically repaired left shoulder in the same shoving match with the Yankees. Travis left Monday after aggravating the injury during his next at-bat.The Blue Jays added right-hander Chris Smith and infielder Andy Burns to its roster. Both finished the minor league season with Triple-A Buffalo.Toronto leads the wild-card race, one game ahead of Baltimore.Benoit has been a reliable setup man since a July 26 trade with Seattle, going 2-0 with a 0.38 ERA and 24 strikeouts in 23 2/3 innings.Its a big loss, no doubt about it, manager John Gibbons said. Hes been so good.Benoit left the stadium on crutches Monday and was still using them Tuesday, along with a walking boot. He said he felt a pop as he ran onto the field after New Yorks Luis Severino was ejected for hitting Torontos Justin Smoak with a pitch.It felt like something hit me, he said. I wont be able to get on the mound anytime soon, so personally this is really disappointing.Left-hander Brett Cecil and right-handed rookie Joe Biagini will see time in Benoits seventh inning role, Gibbons said.Travis had an X-ray Tuesday to confirm that screws in his shoulder were not displaced during the brawl.I believe Ill be OK, said Travis, who is batting .299 with 10 homers and 49 RBI. I feel better today than yesterday and I can move my arm. Ill be in there. Somehow, some way, Ill be in there.Mondays tit-for-tat with the Yankees saw Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ retaliate after MVP Josh Donaldson was hit, throwing twice at Chase Headley. That led to Severino throwing at Smoak.Gibbons said the incident, which came in the final regular-season meeting between the teams, wasnt a knee jerk reaction.Teams pitch us inside, no doubt about that, Gibbons said. Weve had some close calls. Sometimes youve got to deal with things. One thing thats key to the success of a team is that they stick together. Thats all Im going to say on that.Toronto pitcher Marcus Stroman was more vocal than his manager, firing back at Headley over accusations that Stroman had yelled obscenities at Yankees batters after striking them out in Saturdays Toronto victory.I couldnt care less what other teams think of me or my team, Stroman said. We play with a lot of passion. We play with a lot of heart and were not boring. Boring people have problems with that.Unlike his two injured players, Gibbons made sure to stay out of trouble during both melees with the Yankees.To tell you the truth, I just had half my toenail cut out, an ingrown toenail, and guys were starting to step on it, Gibbons said. That was my biggest concern.Right-hander Brady Dagmire was designated for assignment to open a roster spot for Smith. Cheap Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. Cheap Detroit Tigers Jerseys . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. http://www.cheapmlbjerseysoutlet.com/?tag=cheap-washington-nationals-jerseys . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Cheap San Diego Padres Jerseys . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Cheap Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Bomani Jones hosts live from the Clevelander in Miami and welcomes FanRag Sports Tommy Stokke (4:30 p.m. ET) and recently retired NFL CB Charles Tillman (6:15) to the show.Tweet Bomani at twitter.com/bomani_jones -- whille hes live with you from 4 p.ddddddddddddm. to 7 p.m. ET on ESPN Radio and ESPNRadio.com. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.