ghtback from 5-0 down before claimin

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 09.12.2018 07:45
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Matt Garza is set to come off the disabled list and make his first start of the season for the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday against Pittsburgh. Right-hander Carlos Villanueva is heading to the Chicago bullpen. Garza hasnt pitched in the majors this season after suffering a strained back muscle in spring training. In his fourth rehab start, the right-hander pitched six shutout innings for Triple-A Iowa and struck out six. "I think when they told me to go get six and I got six, it was enough lobbying than I could argue," Garza said Saturday. "Im just excited and Im just ready to do my part." Manager Dale Sveum said Garza wont be allowed to throw more than 90 pitches in his season debut. Garza hasnt started for the Cubs since July 21 when he suffered a stress reaction in his right elbow and missed the rest of the year. "It was a grind mentally," Garza said about the layoff. "Physically I can do anything, but the mental part was the tough part. It was one setback after another. It was like, Man, just keep going, keep going, theres a prize at the end of it. Im just happy Im here at the end of it and cant wait until Tuesday." Villanueva got off to a strong start for the Cubs but has struggled recently. Over his first four starts, Villanueva (1-3) gave up five earned runs, but he has allowed 18 over his last four. He hasnt won since April 18. In his last start, he allowed 12 hits and seven earned against Colorado. Villanueva has made 245 of his 309 career appearances as a reliever. "Hes always been in this type of role, the swing man, so to speak," Sveum said. "So he understands it and he accepts it. Very professional about the whole thing." Garzas return could boost an already strong Cubs rotation. Entering Saturday, the Cubs 25 quality starts was fourth in the National League, and Chicagos starters have held opponents to a .226 batting average, the best in the majors. "Im excited and happy I dont have to rehab again," Garza said. "This actually means something, so I cant wait. Its been 10 months in the making. Im excited to get back out there." Cheap Minnesota Vikings Jerseys . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. Cheap Indianapolis Colts Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.cheapoutletnfljerseys.com/ . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Cheap Miami Dolphins Jerseys . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Cheap Los Angeles Rams Jerseys . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead.Michael van Gerwen overcame a huge scare against Simon Whitlock as he began his European Championship title defence with a narrow 6-5 win on Friday, but world champion Gary Anderson was whitewashed by James Wade at the Ethias Arena in Hasselt, Belgium. The Dutch star, who has claimed the title for the past two years, saw his bid to complete a treble of wins threatened when Australian ace Whitlock - the 2012 champion - dominated their first-round clash.After sharing the opening four legs, Whitlock pulled out to lead 4-2 with the aid of a show-stopping 170 checkout and then edged to the brink of victory at 5-3. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Van Gerwen, though, finished double 16 and 87 to force a decider, with Whitlock missing double 15 for the match on a 150 checkout to allow the world No 1 back in to finally secure the win.Simon has been playing well recently and he did again tonight, said Van Gerwen, who now plays Gerwyn Price in Saturdays second round.When he got ahead of me I knew I had to come back and I did that. I played well after the first few legs and Im feeling fine - it doesnt matter how you win as long as you win.To win the triple in this event would be fantastic but Im only in the last 16 and I cant look any further than that. James Wade crushed reigning world champion Gary Anderson Price had earlier secured his second round spot with a 6-4 win over Daryl Gurney but world champion Gary Anderson crashed out as he lost 6-0 to No 4 seed James Wade, who hit six doubles from eight attempts in a ruthless display which included finishes of 102 and 100.Im happy to win but its horrible to see another player having an off-night like that, said Wade.Wade now faces former World Youth Champion Max Hopp in a tasty second-round tie, with the 20-year-old German overcoming Dutchman Benito van de Pas 6-4.Phil Taylor averaged a brilliant 109.28 as he began his bid to win a fifth European Championship with a 6-3 defeat of Alan Norris.Taylor now meets Joe Cullen, who celebrated his debut with a 6-2 win over emerging star Chris Dobey, who had to borrow a set of darts from Michael Smith after his luggage failed to arrive in Belgium. Phil Taylor averaged a brilliant 109.dddddddddddd28 against Alan Norris. (Picture courtesy of Lawrence Lustig/PDC) Austrian star Mensur Suljovic produced a brilliant display to see off Dutchman Jermaine Wattimena 6-1, averaging an impressive 104.26 and hitting six doubles from eight attempts as he moved through to face Ian White.Suljovic will now play Ian White, whose bid to add to the three ranking victories he has claimed so far in 2016 began with a 6-2 defeat of Terry Jenkins, who was punished for 12 missed darts at doubles during the contest.Number three seed Peter Wright edged out Justin Pipe 6-5 in a thriller, coming back from 5-4 down to win the final two legs as he moved through to face Cristo Reyes.Spains Reyes reached the second round in Hasselt for the second successive year, defeating world No 7 Robert Thornton 6-4, despite the Scot hitting five 180s. Van Gerwens major milestones Michael van Gerwens milestones from his 18 major ranking titles Jelle Klaasen held off Steve Wests fightback from 5-0 down before claiming a 6-3 victory to move through to a second-round meeting with Stephen Bunting.Belgian hopes in the European Championship were ended on the opening night as No 5 seed Kim Huybrechts lost out 6-3 to debutant James Wilson who now plays Mervyn King, after he battled to a 6-4 win over South Africas Devon Petersen in their first-round contest.Australias Kyle Anderson sent No 6 seed Dave Chisnall packing as he celebrated his debut with a 6-3 win.Saturdays second round games will be followed on Sunday by the quarter-finals in the afternoon session and the semi-finals and final in the evening session. Saturday October 29: Second Round - Best of 19 legs Afternoon SessionKyle Anderson v James RichardsonMensur Suljovic v Ian WhitePeter Wright v Cristo ReyesJames Wilson v Mervyn KingEvening SessionJelle Klaasen v Stephen BuntingPhil Taylor v Joe CullenJames Wade v Max HoppMichael van Gerwen v Gerwyn Price Watch the Grand Slam of Darts live on Sky Sports from November 12. Also See: MVG targets European treble Whitlock: Im coming, MVG Best of the World Grand Prix Van Gerwens major milestones cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.