ed out in the ensuing moments also put Buffa

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 05.12.2018 12:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

WIMBLEDON, London --?Gilles Simon?threatened to sue the umpire during his defeat to Grigor Dimitrov?as the weather continued to prove a talking point at Wimbledon.Trailing 40-30 in the second game of the second set, Simon exchanged words with umpire John Blom after walking to his chair.I dont want to play, when its raining, on grass. Thats it, he was heard saying, before adding: If I play and get injured, I will sue you and you will pay.A large number of matches scheduled for days two and three of The Championships were delayed by rain, though better conditions allowed for a prompt start to play on Thursday morning.But Simon -- who went on to lose 6-3, 7-6(1), 4-6, 6-4 to Dimitrov -- was unhappy with having to play on when drizzle passed over the All England Club just after 1.30pm.He later told a press conference: I hate to play when its raining. I never understood when they are forcing us to go on the court when the court is slippery. I understand. Its just not acceptable for me.I feel the day Im going to get injured on slippery grass, Im going to sue everyone in the stadium. We try to understand what is happening in both parties, like tournaments and players, but in one point yesterday it was just ridiculous.The supervisor told me, Its raining but the water is not going to the ground. Its really light rain and its there and it stays in the air and its flying away. So the grass is not wet. And I have to answer that. So in the match you just see me on TV, Im pissed because I want to destroy him.Simon said he will discuss the issue with ATP Player Council, of which he is a member, and also criticised the players treatment during the Australian Open.Its happening in basically every slam, so its not just here, he added. Here its always about the grass that is wet. But in Australia they force us to play when its 44 degrees and the doctor says, Yeah, its fine. ?The tournament just got lucky nothing really serious happen once on the court for a player, like someone breaking his leg on slippery court or someone feeling really bad in Australia when its 44.They just try to push. They want us to play. We are just human, or maybe they are just really confident that we are that strong that we can play anywhere. But on my side, I play, its slippery. We all have a bad feeling, we want to stop.Its always on the tournament side. They always force you to play and you cannot say anything. You discuss. You say, Come on, the grass is wet. And then you have the famous water that is not touching the grass reason that force you to play. Its complicated.We are going to have more and more discussion about it [on the ATP Player Council]. We really understand when its a terrible day for the tournament and there is no showing for the public, they stay long and they want to see the match. But its just not possible.I think unfortunately we should stop. It looks pretty simple, like you see the rain on grass, you say, OK, we stop. Thats basic. But it doesnt sound basic on the other side.Dimitrov was more diplomatic afterwards. He said Simon is a cool guy and that they have mutual respect.Everyone has their own way. I understand his frustration, the Bulgarian told a press conference. But its the same for me. We have all the officials out there. We had the umpire coming down, the supervisor, so all these guys are taking unbelievable care of us, to protect us and to take the right decisionsI know when there is a little mist in the air, the grass is a little slippery. Thats logistics, yes. And you just try not to push too much, so you dont want to slide. You have to be a bit more cautious. You cant fight the weather.In other second-round matches Thursday, David Goffin?beat?Edouard Roger-Vasselin?in three sets while Britains Dan Evans saw off?Alexandr Dolgopolov 7-6(6), 6-4, 6-1.Sam Querrey also eased past Thomaz Bellucci for the loss of nine games, while Roberto Bautista Agut got a walkover when Mikhail Kukushkin withdrew with an injury.Bautista Agut is now the highest-ranked Spaniard in the draw after David Ferrer was knocked out. The 13th seed was a surprise casualty, losing in straight sets to Nicolas Mahut 6-1, 6-4, 6-3.Several first-round games, which had been delayed due to the rain, were also finished Thursday. Among them, Donald Young beat Florian Mayer, Lucas Pouille saw off Marius Copil and Australian qualifier Matthew Barton won a deciding set with Albano Olivetti 14-12.John Isner also won his first-round match 7-6 (2), 7-6 (5), 6-3 against Marcos Baghdatis, while sixth seed Milos Raonic, who reached the final at Queens,?progressed to the last 32 with a 7-6(5), 6-4, 6-2 victory over Andreas Seppi.American Steve Johnson, winner of the Nottingham Open, is through to the third round after beating Jeremy Chardy 6-1, 7-6(6), 6-3, while compatriot Jack Sock was a four-set winner over Robin Haase.Croatian Ivo Karlovic, the 23rd seed, hit 34 aces but was beaten 6-3, 3-6, 7-6(5), 6-4 by Slovakian qualifier?Lukas Lacko, the Slovakian qualifier. Elsewhere, Denis Istomin secured a 6-4, 7-6(5), 6-2 win over Nicolas Almagro.Joao Sousa beat Dennis Novikov in four sets while John Millman made it to the third round of Wimbledon for the first time by seeing off 26th-ranked Benoit Paire and will face Andy Murray.Bernard Tomic later saw off the challenge of Moldovan qualifier Radu Albot in four sets.In the final singles game of the day, the eighth seed Dominic Thiem fell at the second hurdle, losing in straight sets to Jiri Vesely.PA Sport contributed to this report Air Max Clearance Online .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Air Max Clearance Sale . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.airmaxclearance.com/ . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Cheap Nike Air Max Trainers Sale . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Air Max Wholesale China . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. SEATTLE -- Rex Ryan and the rest of the Buffalo Bills were furious at how Walt Anderson and his officiating crew handled the final moments of the first half that had a bigger impact in the final seconds of the fourth quarter.The Bills ended up losing 31-25 to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night, the third straight loss for Buffalo. The Bills had a chance at the victory but Tyrod Taylors fourth-down pass into the end zone in the closing seconds fell incomplete.Buffalo potentially would have only needed a field goal to tie the game at that point if the end of the first half had been handled differently by Andersons crew.Mistakes were made and Ryan was angry.Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous, Ryan said.What set off Ryans anger was Anderson not calling Seattles Richard Sherman for unnecessary roughness when he crashed into Buffalo kicker Dan Carpenter as he attempted at 53-yard field goal with 3 seconds left in the half. Sherman was instead called for offside and after some confusion and a Buffalo penalty Carpenter missed a 54-yard attempt on the final play of the half.The end of the first half was confusing for everyone involved. From trainers running on the field to players running for the locker room, there was enough confusion to leave everyone scratching their heads.And the final result of the chaos left Buffalo completely unsatisfied.It was wrong, Ryan said. Its clear what happened, the guy roughed our kicker. Jumps offside, roughs our kicker and then because we had to go out and attend to him, and it wasnt called `roughing the kicker, then we had to spike the ball so that we could come back in and kick. We needed a little time there but, we saw him go down and our trainers ran out. ... From an officiating standpoint, I think you can do a little bit better than that.Andersons explanation was Sherman was called for being unabated to the kicker and that his actions crashing into Carpenter did not rise to the level of unnecessary roughness.I didnt feel like the actions and the contact, because we were shutting the play down, warranted a foul, Anderson said.NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino disagreed and tweeted during the game that Sherman should have been penalized for unnecessary roughness and expanded his view of the play in comments to NFL Network.ddddddddddddThe referee in looking at it was coming in to kill the play and didnt think the contact was enough for unnecessary roughness. Obviously when you look at the tape that is not the case, Blandino told NFL Network.Sherman said he did not hear a whistle and was just trying to block the kick.I went for the ball. The holder still had it so I didnt hear (any) whistle, Sherman said. They say play to blow of the whistle so I went and tried to block the kick and I got it. I think I got it and the kicker somehow kept going. I assumed he was going to stop when he saw me going for the ball but he didnt.By not calling a personal foul against Sherman, what played out in the ensuing moments also put Buffalo at a disadvantage. Carpenter appeared to be hurt bringing trainers on the field.Because the trainers took the field and Buffalo was out of timeouts, Carpenter had to leave for one play. Buffalo spiked the ball with 1 second left to set up a 48-yard attempt, but the Bills were penalized for delay of game with the umpire standing over the ball. That backed up the Bills five yards and Carpenters 54-yard attempt on the final play was wide right.Blandino said the play clock should have been reset.It looked like the play clock had run down probably to five or six seconds so we want to reset the play clock there when the officials are actually conversing and delaying the snap, Blandino said.Its not the first time officiating has become the focus of a Monday night game in Seattle. In 2012, the Fail Mary game between Green Bay and Seattle finished with Golden Tate catching a disputed touchdown on the final play of the game. Last year, Seattle pulled out a win over Detroit when the Lions were about to score and officials missed Seattles K.J. Wright hitting a fumble out of the end zone for a touchback in the closing seconds. The ball should have gone back to Detroit.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.