ident.Yankees manager Joe Girardi and starting pitc

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 19.11.2018 14:05
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Diana Taurasi and her U.S. teammates knew theyd be in for a test against Serbia.The end result was another blowout victory, but the Americans couldnt put it on cruise control like they had in their first two wins.Taurasi scored 22 of her Olympic-best 25 points in the first half to help the U.S. beat Serbia 110-84 on Wednesday and advance to the quarterfinals.The U.S. had easily routed Senegal and Spain in its first two games, winning by an average of 52.5 points, they had a harder time against the hot-shooting Balkan nation.We knew it was going to be tough. We played them in Turkey in 2014 and it was our toughest game at the world championship, Taurasi said. They are the European champions for a reason.Serbia came out shooting well from behind the arc and led 17-16 -- the latest the Americans have trailed in the Olympics -- before Taurasi took over. She scored nine points, including two 3-pointers, during a 15-4 run to close the opening period.Usually Diana doesnt assert herself like she has the first three games, UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. Usually waiting for the game to come to her, get everybody else involved. These first three games of the tournament shes come out and taken over right from the beginning.Taurasi is averaging 17.7 points, her highest ever in the four Olympics shes played in.Breanna Stewart added 17 points and Tina Charles finished with 15 after getting going in the second quarter to help the U.S. extend the advantage to 22 at the half. Taurasi had five 3-pointers in the first 20 minutes, equaling her Olympic team record. She broke the mark early in the third quarter and finished the game with six 3s to set a new U.S. Olympic mark.Caroline Williams, first-team PR, told me that going into halftime that I needed one, so I shot it, Taurasi said. If I wasnt open I probably wouldnt have shot it. On this team you really got to be open to shoot. Today I thought I took two bad ones and I felt really bad about it.While Serbia could never recover from the halftime deficit, the Serbians did make the U.S. work on both ends of the floor. They kept pace with the U.S. in the third quarter, only being outscored by one point. Serbia finished the game 12-for-20 from behind the 3-point arc.They are impossible to play against, Auriemma said. Our big guys, its a nightmare guarding them. You have a team shooting 20 percent on 2s or 80 percent on 3s at one time. Its a combination of the two.The U.S. (3-0) has been scoring at a record pace, topping 100 points for the third consecutive game. The Americans have never done that in the Olympics and are on pace to break the 102.4 points a game the 1996 team averaged en route to the gold medal that started this run of five straight that the U.S. is currently on. The victory was the 44th consecutive for the Americans, who were a perfect 26 for 26 from the foul line, in the Olympics.Serbia has had a disappointing first Olympics after winning the Eurobasket last year. The Serbians lost their first two games by a combined eight points, including blowing an 18-point lead against Canada. Now they sit at 0-3 and in danger of not making it to the quarterfinals. Serbia must win its final two games to have any chance of advancing.They are the best team in the world, but I thought we did some positive things and we could learn from some things we did well, said Danielle Page, who scored 15 points. Our goal is to get to the quarterfinals and see what we can do there.Page, who played college basketball at Nebraska, joined the Serbian team after the coach saw her play in a French league.I got really lucky, she saw me play and wondered if Id be interested in a passport and dangled the Olympic dream in front of me. I was very interested.Next up for the U.S. is Canada on Friday. The Canadians are also undefeated so far after beating Senegal 68-58 to clinch a quarterfinal berth for the second straight Olympics. In the only other game of the day, Spain beat China 89-68.---Online:AP Summer Games website: http://summergames.ap.org/Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg Signed Adidas NHL Jerseys . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. Wholesale Adidas NHL Jerseys . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. http://www.cheapnhljerseyssigned.com/ . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Authentic Adidas NHL Gear .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. Stitched Adidas NHL Jerseys . Now that hes hitting streaking teammates with pin-point passes for easy layups, Love is asserting himself as one of the true superstars in the league. Toronto Blue Jays reliever Joaquin Benoit suffered a torn left calf and will miss at least the rest of the regular season after he tripped coming out of the bullpen during one of two benches-clearing incidents against the New York Yankees on Monday night.Manager John Gibbons made the announcement Tuesday and added that Blue Jays?second baseman Devon Travis also was hurt in one of the two benches-clearing incidents in the second inning. Travis aggravated an injury to his left shoulder and is day-to-day, Gibbons said.Benoit expects to be out for at least two to three weeks, meaning he likely wont pitch again unless the Blue Jays make a deep playoff run.It felt like something hit me, he said. I wont be able to get on the mound anytime soon, so personally this is really disappointing.Benoit was acquired by the Blue Jays from the Seattle Mariners on July 26. Since joining Toronto he has a 0.38 ERA in 23? innings and is 2-0 with one save.Its a big loss, no doubt about it, Gibbons said. Hes been so good.Left-hander Brett Cecil and right-handed rookie Joe Biagini will see time in Benoits seventh-inning role, Gibbons said.Travis acknowledged Tuesday that he aggravated his injury during one of the two incidents Monday. He left Monday nights game during his next at-bat.?He had an X-ray Tuesday to confirm that screws in his shoulder were not displaced during the brawl.I aggravated it, initially, during that little scrum, Travis told reporters. I probably should have used my right arm and not my left.The Blue Jays (86-70) lead the American League wild-card standings entering Tuesdays games. Travis wont play in Tuesdays pivotal game against the?Baltimore Orioles, who are second in the AL wild-card race.The first inciddent Monday night was precipitated by Blue Jays starter J.ddddddddddddA. Happ hitting the Yankees Chase Headley on the hip with his second pitch of the second inning after narrowly missing him with his first. The Yankees appeared to think this was retaliation for?Luis Severino?grazing Josh Donaldson on the elbow pad with a pitch in the first inning.Things got much more heated in the bottom of the inning when Severino nailed Justin Smoak in the leg with his second pitch of the inning after narrowly missing him with his first.Benoit was injured during the second incident.Yankees manager Joe Girardi and starting pitcher Severino were ejected, as were New York pitching coach Larry Rothschild and bench coach Rob Thomson. No one from the Toronto side was ejected.Gibbons said the incidents, which came in the final regular-season meeting between the teams, wasnt a knee-jerk reaction.Teams pitch us inside, no doubt about that, Gibbons said. Weve had some close calls. Sometimes youve got to deal with things. One thing thats key to the success of a team is that they stick together. Thats all Im going to say on that.Toronto pitcher Marcus Stroman was more vocal than his manager, firing back at Headley over accusations that Stroman had yelled obscenities at Yankees batters after striking them out in Saturdays Toronto victory.I couldnt care less what other teams think of me or my team, Stroman said. We play with a lot of passion. We play with a lot of heart and were not boring. Boring people have problems with that.ESPNs Wallace Matthews and The Associated Press contributed to this report. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.