g avail. “Theres enough going on big picture tha

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 15.01.2018 09:46
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

DANA POINT, Calif. -- There was serious Olympic hardware on display Friday night at the 2016 espnW: Women + Sports Summit, with a panel of seven Olympic stars. Not surprisingly, these women were incredibly motivating. Some of their best, hard-earned advice:Make the decision -- in every moment -- to be positive.April Ross, beach volleyball (two-time Olympic medalist): Im one of the best beach volleyball players in the world but I was still, up until a few years ago, really insecure, and always asking myself, Am I really good enough?Those doubts always seep in if you let them. Its a conscious decision to not let them ... and choose a good thought over a bad thought every second of the day. It does add up and it does help. Its gotten me to a place where Im not afraid to be great.Remember what you want to represent.Maggie Steffens, water polo (two-time gold medalist): As a kid, every time we walked out the door, stepped out on the soccer field, basketball court or in the pool, [my dad would] tell us, Remember your last name. ... At first, I was a kid, and I was like, yeah obviously. Cool, Dad.But slowly, but surely, after going through this process, the day in, day out grind and trying to achieve your dream, [I realized] what that meant to represent your last name ... Being an Olympian is not about the title, its about what you do with it. Its about the name that youre representing and its no longer about just your last name ... its your entire teams last name, and now your last name is the United States of America.Know how influential you may already be.Ashleigh Johnson, water polo (gold medalist in 2016): We went to the Netherlands and this little girl and her mom came up to me and they were so happy to see me play. They told me, We dont have any black women that play at high levels in water polo in the Netherlands. ... We have no one to look up to in the sport. Weve been following your team because youre here. It was so amazing to me because Id never thought of myself in that role -- as someone little boys and little girls look up to.Bring balance to your training.Kayla Harrison, judo (two-time gold medalist): For me, the balance really is this: I use this [sport] as a platform. This is great, and winning gold medals is awesome, but its a very selfish thing. Judo is amazing and I love it and I love to beat people up -- but I do it for me. I dont do it for anybody else. So the balance is having something outside that that I care about and I pursue for other people.Harrison founded the Fearless Foundation, a non-profit aimed at helping prevent child sexual abuse.Enjoy the process, and measure your success by that.Maya DiRado, swimming (four-time medalist in 2016): Its great to come out of this journey with these [medals] and with this really obvious expression of success, but the joy was in the 15 years leading up to it, and growing as a person and learning how to work hard, to keep going, keep going, keep going and be the best version of [myself].Dalilah Muhammad, 400-meter hurdles (first-ever gold U.S. gold medalist in her event): Its only after the race and after the fact that you realize that [finishing second] isnt even close to failure. The true success happened ... at the beginning when you started training for the Olympics, every time you fell during practice and got back up, every time you wanted to play, but didnt. Winning the medal happens in a moment, but its really that process that you took to get there.Have role models -- but dont compare yourself to them.Helen Maroulis, wrestling (first-ever U.S. gold medalist in womens wrestling): I never felt like I had the mindset that it took to be a champion. If you told me I cant, Id probably just be like, OK, I guess so. But wrestling was truly my passion so I stuck with it. ... When wrestling became an Olympic sport it was the best thing ever because I had females to look up to, but then I compared myself to them. ... I would think, What if I cant ever do that, what if I cant achieve that? So my advice is -- and its from my pastor: Dont compare your behind-the-scenes to someone elses highlight reel. And that made a huge difference for me.And never be afraid to laugh at yourself.Even these Olympic stars have their moments. They also shared their most embarrassing experiences -- which include President Obama and Aly Raismans socks, among others: Authentic Chargers Jerseys . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Cheap Chargers Jerseys . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. http://www.authenticchargersshopnfl.com/ . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. Cheap Chargers Jerseys . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. Cheap Chargers Jerseys . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006.BOSTON – No team in the West scored more goals in the regular season than the Chicago Blackhawks. But like the highest scoring team out East found out quite recently, the Boston Bruins can squeeze the life out of just about any offensive attack. A round of 28 mostly harmless shots made their way to Tuukka Rask on Monday evening, each and every one turned aside as the Bruins took control of the Stanley Cup Final with a 2-0 victory in Game 3 at TD Garden. Absent Marian Hossa, their leading scorer in the playoffs, the Blackhawks have now failed to elude Rask and the Bruins for a string of over 120 minutes, Boston snuffing out Chicagos high-powered attack since the opening frame of Game 2 at the Madhouse on Saturday night. “Were in the Stanley Cup Final against a team that deserves to be here, that is here because of the way they play defensively and check away from the puck,” said Patrick Sharp, who scored the last Blackhawks goal and leads the team with nine markers in the postseason. “Its tough to score out there. Weve got to find a way – we know whats on the line.” It was the third shutout of the postseason for Rask, who owns a eye-popping .946 save percentage, but on this night the 26-year-old was not exactly tested to the most trying degree. Chicago did little to make his life much of a nightmare. “Tonight I thought we made it rather easy on him,” Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville declared afterward, noting the lack of havoc in the immediate vicinity of the Bruins netminder. “Its hard to get A-plus chances. Youve got to manufacture the ugly kind of goals; tips, screens, deflections and the second chances.” Like for instance, the game-tying goal from Johnny Oduya in Game 1, a point blast that wiggled in off the skate of Andrew Ference with bodies in front. Or the overtime winner that same night from Andrew Shaw, a puck that was redirected twice just to beat Rask. Or the marker from Sharp in Game 2, a rebound with flurries of traffic and the Bruins netminder in turmoil. “We always talk about getting to the inside a little bit more, getting two guys screening him and guys going to the net,” said captain Jonathan Toews, who has just one goal in the postseason and has yet to register a point in this series. “We just didnt find those loose pucks. Weve got to find a way to do it.” Hurting matters further is the increasing instability of the power-play, which came up dry in three opportunities on Monday and has yet to score in 13 chances so far this series. Often the unit, which finished 19th overall in the regular season, has looked simply lost. In one such instance in the first frame, with Shawn Thornton whistled off for roughing, the Blackhawks had just a single shot, the two best opportunities actually coming for the Bruins, Rich Peverley and Brad Marchand both instigating partial breaks on Rask. “It was ugly at times,” saaid Sharp of the man advantage, “but there was also times where we had some scoring opportunities.dddddddddddd Well work to be better.” The hunt for offence was made worse without the services of Hossa, who leads Chicago with 15 points in the postseason. The 34-year-old was scratched following the pre-game warm-up with a mysterious upper-body injury, replaced on this night by Ben Smith, who scored three goals in seven playoff games for the Blackhawks in the 2011 postseason. Forced to juggle his line combinations with Hossa out, Quenneville flanked Michael Frolik and Marcus Kruger with Toews, stuck Brandon Saad and Patrick Kane alongside Michal Handzus, while shifting Smith onto a unit with Sharp and Dave Bolland. Scratched in the opening two games of the series, Viktor Stalberg made his debut on a trio that included Andrew Shaw and the suddenly quiet Bryan Bickell. Generally pleased with his teams efforts in a scoreless first, Quenneville saw it unravel in the second, the Bruins scoring twice on goals from Daniel Paille – his second in as many games – and Patrice Bergeron. Searching for a spark in that flailing middle frame, Quenneville would eventually plug Toews onto a unit with Sharp and Stalberg, Kane, who has just one point in this series, joining Saad and Shaw. The results remained the same. “Youre not going to get a ton,” said Quenneville of the minimal scoring chances. “Its a tight game. Scoring is going to be challenging. But weve got to be ready to play that kind of game….Its not like were thinking that we just want to go outrace them and look to exchange high-quality scoring chances off the rush because that feeds right into what they want to do. Weve got to be ready to play a patient game and make sure we capitalize when we do get opportunities and hopefully we get the power-play rolling.” Chicago endured a similar struggle to the present conundrum in a second round standoff with Detroit, managing just two goals combined in a string of three losses. They would rally with three straight wins themselves, finding their game with 10 goals in the process. “As soon as we get one that confidence is going to come,” Toews opined, noting a few too many shots directly at the glove of Rask, “[then] we can just make plays, we can let things flow a little bit more out there.” Boston, though, has a maddening recent history of squeezing the life from attacks like the Blackhawks. The Bruins held the Penguins, who scored more than any team in the league, to just two goals in the Eastern Conference Final, snuffing out the likes of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin to shocking avail. “Theres enough going on big picture that I dont think anyone is squeezing the stick or worrying about numbers or stats,” Sharp concluded, when questioned on the subject. “Its about winning the game right now.&rdquo Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.