pen. The Korea Open, held in August this y

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 09.11.2018 16:25
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Kris Bryant started to smile even before he fielded the ball. And with his throw to first for the final out, the agonizing wait `til next year was over at last.No more Billy Goat, no more Bartman, no more black-cat curses.For a legion of fans who waited a lifetime, fly that W: Your Chicago Cubs are World Series champions.Ending more than a century of flops, futility and frustration, the Cubs won their first title since 1908, outlasting the Cleveland Indians 8-7 in 10 innings of a Game 7 thriller early Thursday.They even had to endure an extra-inning rain delay to end the drought.It happened. It happened. Chicago, it happened, first baseman Anthony Rizzo said after gloving the ball for the final out. We did it. Were world champions. I tell ya, were world champions. I cant believe it.Rizzo put that final ball in his pocket as the Cubs piled up in the middle of the diamond, David Ross got carried off the field by his teammates and Bill Murray partied in the clubhouse.And the whole time, blue-clad fans who traveled from Wrigley Field filled nearly the entire lower deck behind the Chicago dugout at Progressive Field, singing Go, Cubs, Go! in rain. They held up those white flags with the large blue W on a night many of their forebears had waited for in vain.Lovable losers for generations, the Cubs nearly let this one get away, too. All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman blew a 6-3 lead with two outs in the eighth when Rajai Davis hit a tying, two-run homer.But the Cubs, after tormenting their fans one more time, came right back after a 17-minute rain delay before the top of the 10th.Series MVP Ben Zobrist hit an RBI double and Miguel Montero singled home a run to make it 8-6. Davis delivered an RBI single with two outs in the bottom half, but Mike Montgomery closed it out at 12:47 a.m., and the celebration was on.I think about so many millions of people giving so much love and support to this team for so many years, said owner Tom Ricketts, whose family bought the team in 2009.Manager Joe Maddons team halted the longest stretch without a title in baseball, becoming the first club to overcome a 3-1 Series deficit since the 1985 Kansas City Royals.This is an epic game. Its epic. I cant believe we were able to do it -- 108 years in the making, Zobrist said. We did it.They never quit, either, Zobrist said. They kept coming at us.Cleveland was trying to win its first crown since 1948, but manager Terry Franconas club lost the last two games at home.World Series favorites since spring training, Chicago led the majors with 103 wins this season.The Cubs then ended more than a century of misery for their loyal fans -- barely. Bryant, one of Chicagos young stars, began to celebrate even before fielding a grounder by Michael Martinez to third base and throwing it across to Rizzo for the last out.Its the best rain delay of all-time, Rizzo said.Zobrist got a Series-high 10 hits, a year after he helped the Royals win the championship. Zobrist was among the players brought to the Cubs by Theo Epstein, the baseball guru who added another crown to his collection. He also assembled the Red Sox team that broke Bostons 86-year drought by winning in 2004.From Curse of the Bambino to the Billy Goat Curse, he ended another jinx.We dont need a plane to fly home, Epstein said. Its fitting its got to be done with one of the best games of all time.Cubs outfielder Jason Heyward had called a meeting during the rain delay, talking to his teammates in the weight room.I just had to remind everybody who we are, what weve overcome to get here, he said.While Cubs fans hugged with delight, there was only despair for the Indians, who now have gone longer than anyone without a crown. In the Indians previous World Series appearance, they were a double-play grounder from winning the 1997 title before losing Game 7 in 11 innings to the Marlins.Its going to hurt. It hurts because we care, but they need to walk with their head held high because they left nothing on the field, Francona said.Earlier this year, LeBron James and the Cavaliers ended Clevelands 52-year championship drought by overcoming a 3-1 deficit to beat Golden State for the NBA title. James and teammates were in a suite, rooting hard, as the Indians absorbed the same blow as the Warriors.After defeating San Francisco and the Los Angeles Dodgers in the playoffs, Chicago became the first team to earn a title by winning Games 6 and 7 on the road since the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates.Dexter Fowler homered on Corey Klubers fourth pitch of the game, and 23-year-old Javier Baez and the 39-year-old Ross -- set to now retire -- also went deep for the Cubs, who led 5-1 in the fifth inning and 6-3 in the eighth.Chapman wound up with the win, and Montgomery got one out for his first save in the majors.Bryan Shaw, who gave up a leadoff single to Kyle Schwarber in the 10th, took the loss in just the fourth Game 7 that went to extra innings.Albert Almora Jr., pinch-running for Schwarber, alertly took second on Bryants long fly to center. Rizzo was intentionally walked, and Zobrist slapped an opposite-field double past diving third baseman Jose Ramirez. Montero singled to make it a two-run lead.Then in the bottom half, Carl Edwards Jr. struck out Mike Napoli, Ramirez grounded out, Brandon Guyer walked and Davis hit an RBI single. Montgomery took over, and helped set off a wild celebration on Chicagos North Side.Even a dedicated White Sox fan could appreciate the victory.It happened: (at)Cubs win World Series. Thats change even this South Sider can believe in. Want to come to the White House before I leave? President Barack Obama tweeted.Twenty-one other teams had won the World Series since the Cubs last were champions. They reached the top again on the 39,466th day after Orval Overalls three-hit shutout won the 1908 finale at Detroit in a game that took 1 hour, 24 minutes -- this latest Game 7 lasted 4:24, not including the rain delay.Back then, Theodore Roosevelt was president, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska and Hawaii were not yet states, and the first Ford Model T car was two weeks old.The Cubs were last champions when Joe Tinker, Johnny Evers and Frank Chance won consecutive titles in 1907-08, until now the only ones in team history. The Cubbies had not even reached the Series since 1945.This one was for Ernie Banks, Ferguson Jenkins, Ron Santo and Billy Williams, who never reached the postseason.For Gabby Hartnett, Ryne Sandberg and Greg Maddux, whose October runs fell short.For Lee Elia and the nickle-dime people who spent so many wind-swept afternoons in the Friendly Confines watching loss after loss.For Bill Veeck, who planted ivy vines against Wrigley Fields outfield walls.For William Sianis, the Billy Goat Tavern owner said to have proclaimed when he was asked to leave Wrigley with his pet during the `45 Series: Them Cubs, they aint gonna win no more.For Steve Bartman, whose life was upended when he tried to catch a foul ball as the Cubs came apart in the 2003 playoffs.And for Harry Caray, who promised viewers after the 1991 finale that sure as God made green apples, someday the Chicago Cubs are going to be in the World Series.Maddon, hired before the 2015 season, won his first Series title after establishing a loose clubhouse that featured at times Warren the pink flamingo, Simon the magician and the motto: Try not to suck.It was just an epic battle, Zobrist said. Just blow for blow, everybody playing their heart out. The Indians never gave up, either, and I cant believe were finally standing, after 108 years, finally able to hoist the trophy.PEN PALSThis was the first World Series in which no starting pitcher got at least one out in the seventh inning, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The only other in which no starter finished at least seven innings was in 2002, when San Franciscos Russ Ortiz threw 6 1/3 innings in Game 6.UP NEXTClevelands spring training opener is scheduled for Feb. 26 against the Cubs in Mesa, Arizona. Cheap Jordan Wholesale Free Shipping Cheap Jordan China Wholesale .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. http://www.cheapjordanfromchina.com/ .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. Cheap Retro Jordans For Sale . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Cheap Jordans For Sale Wholesale . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. ORLANDO, Fla. -- In a story Dec. 13 about Jack Nicklaus planning to attend the presidential inauguration, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Nicklaus received the Congressional Medal of Honor. He received the Congressional Gold Medal.A corrected version of the story is below:Nicklaus keeping busy with project in TurkmenistanJack Nicklaus has been designing and building golf courses around the world for the last four decades, and most of his work has been overseas during the last 10 yearsBy DOUG FERGUSONAP Golf WriterORLANDO, Fla. -- Jack Nicklaus has been designing and building golf courses around the world for the last four decades, and most of his work has been overseas during the last 10 years. But his latest project in Turkmenistan is as intriguing as any of them.Few people there even play golf. At least not yet.The president of the Central Asian nation, Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov, announced in October that he wants a golf course built ahead of the Asian Games next year. Nicklaus said the Ashgabat Golf Club should be finished in April (but not playable until July), and more courses are planned for a holiday area along the Caspian Sea.Turkmenistan is north of Iran and framed by the Caspian Sea to the west and Afghanistan to the east.I dont really know why the president wanted golf, Nicklaus said over the weekend. He has about 2,500 ex-pats who live in Ashgabat who wanted golf, and he knows that golf is an Olympic sport and hes got the Asian Games next year. He wanted the golf course done before that.Golf is not the first sport that interested Berdymukhamedov. He also had three ice hockey facilities built in the country that is largely covered by the Karakum Desert and reaches highs of 120 degrees in the summer.Every time he brought something in, its not just the capital. He said, `I want all my provinces to benefit. He brought horses in, he brought hockey in. And hes doing the same thing with golf, Nicklaus said. He takes it to all his people.He said the president wants a championship golf course and a learning golf course. Nicklaus already has made five trips to Turkmenistan, and he said the project will include golf courses in Awaza, a tourist zone along the Caspian Sea.Nicklaus said Awaza has 33 five-star hotels occupied only by the Turkmen from June to September, even though the weather is pleasant enough to go from April until early November. He said Turkmenistan issued fewer than 1,000 tourist visas last year, but the plan was to make Awaza more of a tourist destination.And now were going to put golf in -- seaside links, Nicklaus said.---STENSON AWARDS: The European awards are starting to pile up for British Open champion Henrik Stenson.The 40-year-old Swede was European Tour player of the year for a season in which he won his first major, the Race to Dubai for the second time and was the silver medalist in golfs return to the Olympics.Stenson also has been awarded the Golf Writers Trophy by the British-based Association of Golf Writers.Ill never grow tired of being weighed down with trophies, Stenson said.The Golf Writers Trophy is for those who were born or reside in Europe and have made the most outstanding contributions in golf for the year.Stenson set the major championship record for a 72-hole score at 264 in a duel with Phil Mickelson at Royal Troon, where the Swede joined Johnny Miller as the only players to close with a 63 to win a major. He also won the BMW International Open in Germany.Stenson also won the Golf Writers Trophy in 2013.We talk about receiving recognition from your colleagues and your peers but in this instance its great to be receiving that recognition from some of the most knowledgeable media in the sport, Stenson said.---NICKLAUS & TRUMP: Jack Nicklaus said his schedule kept him from going to two previouus presidential inaugurations, but he plans to be in Washington next month when president-elect Donald Trump is sworn in.ddddddddddddnd he wont be alone.Donald called and said, `I want you to bring that kid that can really talk, Nicklaus said.That kid is 55-year-old Jack Nicklaus II. Trump still raves about his speech Jackie Nicklaus gave when his father was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal.Every time he talks to Barbara and me he says, `That is the best speech I ever heard, Nicklaus said. He called personally to ask me to come.Nicklaus has known Trump for years and designed Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point in the Bronx.---THONGCHAIS LAST STAND: Just when you thought golf was done for the year, there is one final tournament that ends on Christmas Day and could decide whether Thongchai Jaidee returns to the Masters.Its called the Boonchu Ruangkit Championship, an Asian Development Tour event in Thailand from Dec. 22-25 at Rancho Charnvee Resorts and Country Club. Such events typically award only six points to the winner. However, Thongchai is No. 52 in the world, and that raises the strength of field enough to award nine points. And thats just what he needs to make the top 50.The top 50 in the final world ranking of the year on Dec. 26 are invited to the Masters.Ive one more week at the Boonchu Ruangkit Championship, and I hope to do well then, Thongchai said. Im going to take a rest at home, but also spend some time at the gym to build up my physical fitness.He also might want to work on his putting.---KUCHARS BRONZE: Matt Kuchar had no idea how much the Olympics would mean to him until that bronze medal was draped around his neck. Kuchar, the last of four Americans who made it to Rio when Dustin Johnson withdrew, closed with a 63 to finish behind Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson.The emotions of winning a medal overwhelmed me, he said. I didnt know the gravity, how big of a moment that was and what that would mean to me until it happened.He has taken his bronze medal with him most everywhere, including a trip to Friars Head on Long Island. Kuchar went out to play and left the medal in the clubhouse for all to see, and it was hard to miss.The barkeep was in charge and he had it hanging on a light fixture, Kuchar said. It got a lot of hands and eyeballs on it. It was a cool place.There was one time he didnt have the medal with him.Hurricane Matthew barreled toward Sea Island, and the Kuchars had to evacuate. But he wasnt worried about it being blown away.It was on the third floor, he said. I knew it was safe. I knew there could be flooding, but the third floor? It wasnt going anywhere.---DIVOTS: The winner and runner-up of the Kolon Korea Open next year will be exempt into the British Open. The Korea Open, held in August this year, is moving up two months in 2017 and will be held June 1-4. ... The LPGA Tour will stage the inaugural Senior LPGA Championship next year. The 54-hole event will be July 10-12 at French Lick Resort in Indiana with a total purse of $600,000. ... John Karsten Solheim takes over as president of Ping on Jan. 1, succeeding Doug Hawken who retires after 45 years. Solheim is the son of Ping chairman and CEO John Solheim, and the grandson of founder Karsten Solheim.---STAT OF THE WEEK: Bill Haas is the only American whose sole qualification for the 2017 Masters is top 50 in the world ranking at the end of the year.---FINAL WORD: He not only has my record to contend with, hes got a lot of kids who are really good. And (Phil) Mickelson is not done yet either, I dont think. -- Jack Nicklaus on the return of Tiger Woods.---This story has been corrected to show that Nicklaus received the Congressional Gold Medal. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.