hat gave up an average of 37.5 points, a school record

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 06.11.2018 14:50
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- P.K. Subban gave a glimpse in his regular season debut of just how valuable he might be to the Nashville Predators.Not only did the defenseman acquired in the offseason score the first goal of the season, he even arranged the order of the postgame interviews.Subban sent Ryan Johansen with his three assists to speak in front of reporters and TV cameras followed by defensive partner Roman Josi. The defenseman finally stepped forward last to take questions himself after helping the Predators open the season by beating the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Friday night.I wanted to get my feet under me, play hard and play physical and just try to do whatever the coaching staff asked me to do, said Subban, who was taken off the ice on a stretcher March 10 and didnt play another game last season.Mike Fisher redirected Josis shot late in the second period for the game-winning power-play goal as the Predators got all three goals with the man advantage. Josi had a power-play goal.Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne stopped a flurry of shots with Chicago on the man advantage over the final 1:46 to preserve the win. He stopped 12 of 13 shots in the third to help Nashville improve to 4-1-1 over its last six season openers.It was a great win I mean, and we had to work for it till the end, a full 60 minutes, Rinne said. I mean it was a great team win and what a great way to start the season and for our fans, too.Marcus Kruger and Niklas Hjalmarsson scored for Chicago, which has lost its first two games this season playing with six rookies in the lineup. The Blackhawks have allowed six power-play goals in their first two games.Across the board we need to be better, Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. We need to be better with the puck and the discipline as well. We certainly had some opportunities to generate some more.Chicago won the season series between these Central Division rivals the past two seasons, including a 3-2 edge last season while finishing third in the Western Conference. Nashville finished fourth in the division and seventh in the West before beating Anaheim in seven games and losing to San Jose in another seven-game series.But the Predators made a big move June 29, swapping captain Shea Weber to Montreal for another All-Star defenseman in Subban, who is known for his flair.Subban scored on a slap shot that tied it 1-1, drawing an ovation from the standing room only crowd as he celebrated with his typical flourish. This time, though he celebrated by pretending to throw a lasso like a cowboy in a nod to his former Montreal teammate, goaltender Carey Price.I know Price is going to be proud of me, Subban said. You know I just get fired up every now and then, just trying to express my emotions.The Blackhawks, coming off a 5-2 loss to St. Louis in their season opener in Chicago on Wednesday night, came out with a purpose.Kruger tapped the puck into an empty net after Rinne was pulled to the side stopping defenseman Ryan Hartmans rush just 2:39 into the game. The Blackhawks answered Subbans goal when Hjalmarsson scored off the far post past a screened Rinne midway through the period for a 2-1 lead.Nashville tied it on Josis power-play goal at 16:33 of the first and took its first lead at 16:36 of the second when Fisher tipped in Josis shot from the point. The winning goal came with Artem Anisimov in the penalty box for delay of game after clearing the puck over the glass.Subban showed off his defensive skills as the 2013 Norris Trophy winner, helping protect the lead by breaking up a pass from Nick Schmaltz to Chicago captain Jonathan Toews.Game notes The Predators are 10-7-1 in season openers all-time and 10-6-2 at home. ... Hartman played only 1:56 of the first period and didnt return. ... Predators D Anthony Bitetto fought with former Nashville F Jordin Tootoo in the second period and suffered an upper-body injury.UP NEXTBlackhawks: Hosting Predators on Saturday night.Predators: Visiting Chicago on Saturday night. Cheap Coyotes Jerseys . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. Nick Cousins Jersey . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. http://www.coyotesauthority.com/authentic-jordan-martinook-coyotes-jersey/ . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Kevin Connauton Jersey . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Keith Tkachuk Jersey . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. The quarterback competition at Oregon will sort itself out sooner rather than later.Oregon coach Mark Helfrich says he hopes to have a decision about 10 days before the teams season opener against UC Davis at Autzen Stadium on Sept. 3.Although many have looked to graduate transfer Dakota Prukop to lead the way, Helfrich said the job is far from sewn up. Redshirt freshman Travis Jonsen and freshman Terry Wilson are also in the mix.You want it to be obvious and glaring and everybody kind of looks at each other and goes, `Yeah. Like last year was a unanimous vote, Helfrich said. No question about that.Prukop came to the Ducks from Montana State, where he passed for 3,025 yards and 28 touchdowns with 10 interceptions last year. He also rushed for 774 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Big Skys Bobcats, who finished 5-6.He looks to follow Vernon Adams, another graduate transfer who started for the Ducks last season but was hampered by injuries.Jonsen is a dual-threat quarterback from Anaheim, California, who injured his toe last fall and required surgery. Wilson enrolled early last spring at Oregon to get a head start.Taylor Alie and Jeff Lockie, who both saw playing time at quarterback last season when Adams was hurt, were moved to receiver in the spring game.Oregon went 9-4 last season, the first time the Ducks finished with fewer than 10 wins since 2007. The season was capped by a triple-overtime loss to TCU in the Alamo Bowl.Things to watch as the Ducks prepare for the season:GREAT EXPECTATIONS: Royce Freeman is understandably getting some preseason Heisman buzz. As a sophomore last season he broke LaMichael James single-season rushing record with 1,836 yards. Hes currently 1,881 yards away from James career record (5,082) at Oregon.I want to make bigger plays and go for longer rushes, he said at the Ducks annual media day to open fall camp. I want to be out there every down if I can.BEST EXCUSE EVER: Wide receiver Devon Allen will miss fall camp. But hes got a good exxcuse: Hes at the Rio Olympics where hes competing in the 110-meter hurdles.dddddddddddd Allen won a spot on the team in Brazil by winning the event at the U.S. track trials in Eugene.Helfrich said football is the furthest thing from his mind when it comes to the speedy junior. His focus and our focus is him winning the gold medal, and well figure it out from there, the coach said.Helfrich planned a team meeting -- aka a watch party -- when Allen runs in Rio.NEW COACHES: Oregon has several new coaches making their Duck debut this fall, including new defensive coordinator Brady Hoke, who was head coach at Michigan from 2011-14, and new offensive coordinator Matt Lubick, who was promoted from wide receivers coach after Scott Frost took the head coaching job at Central Florida.Also among the newcomers is quarterbacks coach David Yost, who coached receivers at Washington State under Mike Leach for the past three seasons.ADDRESSING THE D: Hoke is installing a new 4-3 scheme, hoping to improve a unit that gave up an average of 37.5 points, a school record, and 485.3 yards per game.Obviously, from a defensive standpoint -- just too many points, too many yards, too many explosive plays, Helfrich said. Our two big keys are explosive plays and taking care of the football on offense, and explosive plays and taking the football away on defense.SEASON OPENER: Hosting UC Davis on Sept. 3.PREDICTION: Oregon has too many question marks -- the competition at quarterback and the adjustment to a new defensive scheme -- to suggest that they might overcome Stanford in the Pac-12 North. But the very fact that the Ducks get both the Cardinal and Washington at Autzen Stadium goes in their favor, at least in terms of conference play. Oregon again plays a challenging non-conference schedule, including a visit to Nebraska. Look for the Ducks to finish 9-4 again. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.