these night games, when you do a lot

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 04.11.2018 14:53
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

BOULDER, Colo. -- By his estimation, Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre allowed his team to fully savor its first poll appearance since 2005 for five good seconds. Then, it was right back to work.In just two months, the No. 21 Buffaloes have gone from overlooked to ranked, and their coach from on the hot seat to quite a hot streak.No time to enjoy the moment, though. Not with the Buffaloes (4-1, 2-0 Pac-12) traveling to Southern California (2-3, 1-2) on Saturday. This just may be the best matchup possible to keep their focus. The Buffs are 0-10 all-time against the Trojans.Being ranked 21st doesnt give you seven extra points when you go out there on the field to start, said senior quarterback Sefo Liufau, whos missed the last two games with an ankle injury. Its an honor, but we still have a lot of work to do. We believe we have a lot more work to be done.Granted, MacIntyre wanted his player to relish the programs first national ranking since Nov. 6, 2005, but not get too carried away.It means nothing Saturday. We have to keep doing this week after week after week, said MacIntyre, whose team leads the South Division and is looking for its first bowl appearance since 2007. Its whats got us here, our work ethic and believing in Colorado football. They have to keep doing that exact same thing. I think its nice for those young men, for as hard as theyve worked, to be acknowledged for something. But its just a blip right now.Still, its a measure of validation for MacIntyre that his program is on the right track. His job appeared in jeopardy heading into this season after going 10-27 during his first three seasons in Boulder.To really build a program, build it with integrity and build it with character and develop the type of young men you want to develop and stabilize it with a foundation for years to come, it definitely takes a while, said MacIntyre, who turned around the San Jose State program before arriving at Colorado. You cant build a house overnight and have a bad foundation because it falls apart. It definitely takes time to do that.Heres an illustration of how far the Buffaloes have traveled: They can sidestep some big injuries. Since Liufau, the schools all-time leading passer, hurt his ankle at Michigan, freshman Steven Montez has stepped in and they havent missed a beat. Montez has guided the Buffaloes to wins at Oregon and last week against Oregon State.That first day (Montez) was told he was going to play, you could see a fire lit in him. He was more amped up, junior receiver Shay Fields said. He was leading the offense, getting the (offensive) line huddled up, getting (on) the receivers, especially when we had bad practices, he would get on us -- just like Sefo. He was that leader away from our original leader.With Liufau on the mend, the team has a dilemma: Go with him or keep riding the hot hand of Montez. It will be a game-time decision, even if Liufau said he was 100 percent after practice Tuesday.I dont want to put him out there if hes not fully ready to go, MacIntyre said.This trip to Los Angeles will be a homecoming of sorts since many Colorado players hail from the area. Fields grew up a USC fan and as a kid proudly wore a Trojans jersey featuring Reggie Bushs number. So did fellow receiver Bryce Bobo, whos well aware of his teams past struggles against Southern Cal. Hes also well aware that not many are taking the Buffaloes all that seriously, considering theyre a 4 1/2-point underdog this weekend.We worked hard to get to the point where we are right now, said Bobo, who was born in Pasadena, California. Regardless of if theyre saying, `Oh, really, Colorado? and stuff like that, we have playmakers on this team and thats what were here to show the nation.---Follow Pat Graham on Twitter: www.twitter.com/pgraham34. Trey Lyles Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Wilson Chandler Jersey . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. http://www.nuggetsprostore.com/kids-carmelo-anthony-nuggets-jersey/ . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Nikola Jokic Jersey . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. Custom Denver Nuggets Jerseys .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. PHILADELPHIA -- It wasnt that Aaron Rodgers didnt want anyone to see what was wrong with his left leg.No, the reason the Green Bay Packers quarterback ducked into the tent behind the bench was so no one would see him drop his drawers, as he put it, while he received medical attention.Rodgers said he pulled his hamstring on the opening drive of the third quarter and had the trainers tape his leg between series. When he emerged from the hut behind the visitors bench at Lincoln Financial Field, the Monday Night Football cameras were waiting for him.I just didnt want to be getting taped up on the television, Rodgers said. But obviously, when I walked out and saw the camera right in my face, I knew there was probably some sort of mini-story growing. But no, I had to drop my drawers a little bit to get taped up and just wanted to do [that] in the privacy of that tent.Rodgers not only finished the game but also put together one of his best performances of the season when the Packers needed it most. They snapped a four-game losing streak with a 27-13 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.Rodgers mobility was limited after his injury, but he said he did not think it would prevent him from being ready for Sundays game against the Houstoon Texans.dddddddddddd He suggested the injury might have been in part due to waiting all day to play a night game for the second straight week.I was a little tight in the first half for some reason, Rodgers said. I dont know if it was sitting around the last two weeks, these night games, when you do a lot of resting. Ill be good to go, though.Coach Mike McCarthy was less committal about how the injury would impact Rodgers the rest of the season.I cant tell, McCarthy said after the game. We wont know until tomorrow.Rodgers completed 30 of 39 passes for 313 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, and the Packers were especially proficient on third down, converting 10 of 14 times. At 71 percent, that was the highest rate by any team in a game this season and the Packers highest in a game since Week 8 of 2013.But all most people wanted to talk about after the game was Rodgers injury and his trip to the tent. Center?Corey Linsley?said he wasnt even aware that Rodgers was hurt. In fact, he said he thought the quarterback went under cover for another reason.Maybe he just had to go,?Linsley said. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.