ddddCarolina returns several key players from a tea

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 21.09.2018 16:33
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Wayne Rooney spoke exclusively to Sky Sports about Englands perfect qualifying campaign, their chances at Euro 2016 and his time as captain. Roy Hodgson named a 26-man squad for Englands Euro 2016 preparation friendlies against Turkey and Australia at the end of this month, and Rooney is more hopeful than ever that this could be their year.Here, he speaks with Sky Sports News HQs Nick Collins about Englands progress since the World Cup in 2014, as well as looking back at a successful European Qualifiers campaign and why there is plenty of optimism for the future... Rooney more hopeful than ever England a match for anyone at Euro 2016, says skipper On Englands 2-0 win in Switzerland after the World Cup...It was a big game for us. Wed obviously lost Steven Gerrard after the World Cup, and it was a change for us. Roy made me captain, and we knew how important it was, coming off the World Cup. There was a lot of pressure going into the game on Roy himself, and to get the victory in the way we did, we played a different style of football than we played over the previous two years and it worked. It was more exciting to watch and more enjoyable to play in. Included in Englands 100 per cent European Qualifiers campaign was a fine win in Switzerland On Englands 10 out of 10 European Qualifiers record...We mentioned it after the Switzerland game, we didnt want to get carried away. We had a good strong [group] of young players and we felt it was achievable.We knew it would be tough to do, but once that got close again, we felt that if we got 10 wins out of 10 it would stand us in good stead going into the tournament. It was something we aimed for and achieved. I know the players and manager were really happy, it showed a great consistency. Roy Hodgson has announced his England squad ahead of Euro 2016 On becoming England captain...I felt I was the natural successor to Steven as captain, and the manager did too. Its something I was delighted to do, and I want to do it to be successful as well. Its something I really take pride in and want to do to the best of my ability. I think the young lads in the squad have helped a lot, I feel its an exciting time for English football with the squad we have.To be a leader of those players, and to try and direct them in the right way, both on and off the pitch, is something I want to be successful at. I put a lot of effort in to do that. Rooney became England captain after the World Cup in Brazil The manager involves me in a lot of decisions. Obviously theres myself, and then weve put a team together with a few of the other senior players. If decisions on behalf of the team need making, I will go to those players, talk through it and decide what is best for the team. But of course, you have to be a role model and ambassador for the country, and thats what Ive tried to do to the best of my ability. QUIZ: England Euros squads Test your knowledge of previous England Euros squad announcements with this tricky quiz... On adapting his game...As a player you are always adapting. You adapt to your team-mates, you adapt to the different coaches you are working under. It depends what the coaches want from you.Throughout my career Ive adapted to different situations and different teams Ive played in, and I have no problem doing it. In football you need players who can play in different positions. Ive always felt like I can play in different positions. Roy Hodgson thinks Rooney is key for England but admits he doesnt have to pick him in the starting XI On his preferred position...Obviously I want to play as striker but Ive always believed I am capable of playing in different positions. I think you saw in World Cup 2006 with Owen Hargreaves, he was probably Englands best player, purely for the fact he could play in different positions.To have players like that in your squad is really important. The good thing that Roy has now is that he can look at the opponents and pick a midfield which is best for beating the opponent. We havent always had that.He could change the whole 11 if he had to now, and we would still have the chance of winning the game. Jamie Carragher thinks Rooney may have to play in midfield to make room for Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy On Englands attacking options...Weve got players who can play anywhere across that front line. Myself, Jamie Vardy, Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge can play out wide too. Its always difficult for opponent as well.Its going to be tough for the manager as well, Im sure, to decide which players he will play in which games. But thats why hes manager, Im sure he will make the right decision when it comes to it.Experience is important, but the youth and energy of the other players is equally as important. The England captain is keen to be a leader for the incoming younger players On Englands chances at Euro 2016...I feel weve got a very good squad. Its probably the first time Ive felt the squad is capable in any given game of matching any team. But obviously its one thing having that, and another being able to do that consistently throughout a tournament.You never know with the players weve got how well they can do. You saw in the last World Cup we went out at the group stage. Weve had a good Euro Qualifiers campaign, but we need to make sure that we dont slack, that we keep going and keep pushing forward, and give ourselves every possible chance.On the Wayne Rooney Foundation...Its all about sick children but also about children who need a better start in life. Obviously, having three children myself I felt they were the most important charities to raise money for. Its something Im extremely proud to be able to do and Id like to thank Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to be able to do that. Hopefully the money raised can change a lot of peoples lives. Paul Scholes evaluates Englands chances at Euro 2016 Also See: Rashford, Wilshere called up Rooney wants midfield role QUIZ: England Euros squads Euro 2016 news J. D. Martinez Red Sox Jersey . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. Boston Red Sox Gear . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. http://www.redsoxapparelsshop.com/joe-kelly-jersey-c-25/ . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Xander Bogaerts Red Sox Jersey . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. Brock Holt Red Sox Jersey . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. NEW ORLEANS -- When new Tulane basketball coach Mike Dunleavy looks across the Smoothie King Center court at the No. 6 North Carolina Tar Heels Friday night in the season opener for both teams, hell see more than a few NBA prospects wearing Carolina blue.Even though Dunleavys young Green Wave dont have the talent or depth to match up against Roy Williams Tar Heels, Dunleavy knows his job is to create a culture built on the foundational lessons he learned in 17 years coaching in the NBA: Take good shots and share the ball.We really kind of want to play how the (San Antonio) Spurs play, Tulane guard Malik Morgan said, giving voice to a lofty goal. We really want to focus on good ball movement and getting open shots. Last year we kind of took some hard shots, but Coach (Dunleavy) really wants us to open the floor for shooters.Dunleavy, 62, is taking over a Tulane team that went 13-21 last season and finished with the second-fewest assists per game (10.9) and the second-most turnovers per game (13.3) in going 3-15 in the American Athletic Conference. The Green Wave also were second-to-last in the AAC in scoring (65.9 points per game) and second-to-last in 3-point shooting (30 percent).The first thing we want to emphasize is getting good shots and taking good shots, Dunleavy said. We need to take care of the ball and not turn it over. I thought last year it was a problem for them -- shot selection and turnovers.The Green Wave return four freshmen from coach Ed Conroys team who played at least 10 minutes a game last year (Melvin Frazier, Von Julien, Blake Paul and Kain Harris). They lost 96-72 to North Carolina last yyear in Chapel Hill, and the Tar Heels have not played Tulane in in New Orleans since 1977.ddddddddddddCarolina returns several key players from a team that went 33-7 and captured the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season and conference championships and advanced to its record 19th Final Four appearance.Junior Joel Berry II, who was named MVP of the ACC tournament and is a preseason first-team All-ACC selection, will start at point guard, and he will be joined on the wing by Justin Jackson, a second-team preseason All-ACC choice. Senior center Kennedy Meeks is back along with senior power forward Isaiah Hicks.Hicks was voted the ACCs sixth man of the year last season and will help replace Brice Johnson, a first-round pick of the Los Angeles Clippers. Carolina will be without junior wing Theo Pinson, who broke a bone in his right foot last month and will be sidelined indefinitely.The Heels were selected to finish second in the ACC behind Duke this season.The 6-foot-6 Pinson had been expected to start at shooting guard for North Carolina and is an excellent perimeter defender. In his absence, Williams said he needs to see how sophomore Kenny Williams, senior guard Nate Britt and freshman Brandon Robinson perform.Somebodys got to get those minutes, Williams said. Whoever gets those minutes, if they do well and succeed and have good moments, thats really going to make them better at the end of the year. Then, if you do get Theo back and hes ready to play, then that makes you stronger. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap China Womens NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.