REMainee: The Black Bears, picked to finish la

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 21.09.2018 16:30
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California didnt panic when they fell behind in the second half and the Trojans rallied by hitting threes to stay undefeated.Bennie Boatwright scored a season-high 17 points and freshman DeAnthony Melton added a career-high 15 points to lead the Trojans to a 78-73 victory over SMU on Friday night.Boatwright made 4-of-7 3-pointers and Jonah Matthews scored 14 points for the Trojans.I was out for 2 months and Im now getting my rhythm back, Boatwright said. My flow within the offense is picking up and my teammates are making good passes to me. In my first two games, I was pressing and everything was off.USC (5-0) improved to 5-1 all-time against the Mustangs (4-2) and shot 49.1 percent from the field, including 12 of 24 from beyond the arc.Melton scored nine points during a 19-4 run -- capped by Meltons 3 -- that gave USC a 51-41 lead with 10:56 to play.I got out there and ran and got open shots and that makes it fun, said Melton, who made 5 of 9 shots, had 6 rebounds and 5 assists. We (the freshmen) are holding our own and our hard work is paying off. Im learning and Im getting stronger.Boatwright and Melton combined to make 7 of the 12 USC 3-pointers.SMU cut the score to 74-68 with 1:15 to play following a steal and layup by Shake Milton but would get no closer.That was a nice win, USC coach Andy Enfield said. SMU is a quality team and will probably win 20-plus games. It was a big win for us. The players showed poise when they got behind in the second half. They ramped up the defense and got back in the game. The defense was getting stops using our length. Then we got out in transition and hit some threes.Ben Moore led SMU with 14 points. Semi Ojeleye added 13 points and 10 rebounds. Milton and Sterling Brown each scored 12.The Trojans took a 19-14 lead following a 3-pointer by Shaqquan Aaron at the 9:39 mark. The Mustangs battled back and took a 22-21 lead before USC took a 28-27 lead into the break.We knew coming in that USC was a strong team offensively with great quickness, SMU coach Tim Jankovich said. We played a tremendous first half defensively but over the course of the game you could see our opponent hurting us with 3-point shooting. Every single guy is a big threat on USC and you could really see that come alive in the second half.SMU outrebounded the Trojans 39-35 and outscored USC in the paint 38-24.BIG PICTURESMU: With five players averaging double figures and the Mustangs having led the American Athletic Conference in shooting percentage for the last 3 seasons, SMU figures to finish higher in conference than middle of the pack as predicted.USC: USC has four starters averaging in double figures and its four freshmen are contributing. For the second consecutive season, the Trojans open the season at 5-0. The Trojans are one of four Pac-12 teams still undefeated.DeMAN OF STEAL: Melton had five steals in a win against New Orleans on Nov. 22 and leads the Pac-12 with 14 steals. His 3.3 steals per game seventh in the country.QUICK COMPARE: Entering Fridays game, both USC and SMU were leading their respective conferences -- Pac-12 and American Athletic -- in offensive rebounding. The Trojans average 15.8 per game and SMU is averaging 14.6.UP NEXTSMU: The Mustangs continue their two-game road trip at Boise State before returning home to open a six-game home stand.USC: The Trojans wrap up their six-game home stand against UC Santa Barbara on Sunday. Matt Slauson Jersey . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Marshall Faulk Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.coltsfansshop.com/Colts-Quincy-Wilson-Draft-Jersey/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Christine Michael Sr Jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Adam Vinatieri Jersey . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. BLACKSBURG, Va. -- A year ago, Alabama State beat Virginia Tech in the season opener and maybe cost the Hokies an NCAA Tournament bid.But Virginia Tech took care of business this time.Zach LeDay scored 20 points off the bench to lead the Hokies to an 80-67 win over Maine on Friday.LeDay led a balanced attack for the Hokies (1-0), who had four players in double figures. He hit 8 of 13 from the floor and grabbed 12 rebounds for his 13th career double-double.Ahmed Hill, who missed last season with a knee injury, scored 14 points in his return, while Justin Robinson had 13 and Chris Clarke finished with 12.I think, like any other coach would say after game 1, we did good things, and I think there are distinct ways we can improve, Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams said. Theres a lot of room for growth, for sure.Wes Myers led Maine (0-1) with 18 points.Despite size and experience advantages, Virginia Tech didnt put away the Black Bears until midway through the second half. The Hokies led by eight with around 17 minutes remaining before going on a 15-2 run that was powered by LeDays six points. Maine got no closer than the final margin.It was a good effort, but we just couldnt sustain it for the full 40 minutes, Maine coach Bob Walsh said. To stand up against them the way we did, I think we can take some good things out of that.The Hokies, taller and stronger at virtually every position, finished with a 44-36 rebounding advantage.BIG PICTUREMainee: The Black Bears, picked to finish last in the America East, could be in for a long season after losing seven players off last seasons team -- five with eligibility remaining.dddddddddddd Seven newcomers joined the program for this season.Virginia Tech: The Hokies expect to be a deeper team with 85 percent of their scoring and rebounding returning. Their depth showed, as head coach Buzz Williams played 10 players -- and eight of them scored.RETURN TO ACTIONHill wasnt the only Hokie to miss last season. Ty Outlaw sat out the entire year with hypertensive cardiomyopathy, or a thickening of the heart muscle that makes it harder to pump blood. Cleared in mid-June, the junior-college transfer saw his first action as a Virginia Tech player and scored one point in 15 minutes.BUILDING BLOCKMyers transferred from Niagara to Maine and sat out last season and will be a key component for a young Black Bears squad. He hit 6 of 13 and grabbed eight rebounds and didnt look intimidated against the Hokies.He is a guy we can count, Walsh said.UP NEXTThe Black Bears will remain in Virginia, traveling to Farmville to face Longwood on Sunday in what will be the second of five straight road games to start the season.The Hokies play the second of three straight home games to open the season next Tuesday when they take on High Point. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap China Womens NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.