ast season, posting a 5-2 record as the start

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 21.09.2018 16:09
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- As he watched TV reports of violence and athletes kneeling or raising fists in silent protest during the national anthem, Indians manager Terry Francona felt a need to do more.Something was pushing him, maybe his age, maybe a deeper belief he has a greater purpose. Hes not certain.Francona, though, decided to act.On a trip to Chicago, he spoke to some police officers he has gotten to know over the years and Francona talked to his players to see if there was a cause they could get behind.The Indians are donating $1 million to help troubled inner-city youth in Cleveland, a gesture the 57-year-old Francona described as one of the proudest things he has done in his career.All it is, he said, is really to in some way help inner-city kids. Thats really all it is, just to help. Dont care what color, just help.The Indians have created the Larry Doby Youth Fund, named in honor of the Hall of Famer who broke the color barrier in the American League with Cleveland, to assist underprivileged kids in Cleveland. Its a deed that has deeply moved Francona, who won two World Series with Boston before joining the Indians, the team his father, Tito, played for from 1959-64.Before the Indians hosted the Red Sox in Game 2 of the AL Division Series, Francona spoke passionately about the gift he hopes can make a difference to kids with little hope.You turn on the TV and you see so much, these kids in the inner city, they have no chance, he said. How are they supposed to be the next generation when theyre not getting an education or theyre either scared to get an education or they go to school and theyre afraid theyre going to get shot? Somebody has to start caring about them. I dont understand it.It has to get better if were going to get better.Francona said he spoke to outfielders Coco Crisp, Rajai Davis and other players about his idea and received immediate support.They were like, `Thats pretty cool. So then we got our entire team together, because that was the only way it was going to work. And every single player, every coach, every trainer, every clubhouse guy, donated. ... One thing led to another and I thought, what a way for us to be unified into doing something constructive, kind of putting our money where our mouth is.The Indians also got donations from the front office before owner Paul Dolan kicked in the rest to get the figure to $1 million.Francona said the money will be placed in a trust and the team is forming a committee with players and Dolan to decide where the money should go.In the grand scheme of things, its small, he said. But its something.When Francona first announced the trust earlier this week at the start of a press conference, he said it was difficult for him to convey the meaning of the gift because of nerves.I think it was the proudest moment Ive had in my entire baseball life, he said.Francona is equally proud of the way that his team willingly sacrificed for a cause that has bonded them. They are more united.Just the way that the guys rallied together and did it, man, he said. Thats not an easy thing to do. And its not my place to tell guys how to spend their money. I dont think thats fair. I told them, `Hey, theres no wrong here. I just said I think were in a position where we can do some good, and they were incredible. I mean incredible. Like I said, it was probably the proudest moment Ive ever had. Ousmane Dembele Jersey . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. Barcelona Jerseys . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. http://www.fcbarcelonapro.com/Kids-Paco-Alcacer-Jersey/ . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Philippe Coutinho Jersey . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. Xavi Hernandez Jersey . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. Danica Patrick is a longtime Chicago Cubs fan. In fact, shes even been given first-pitch honors at Wrigley Field twice over the years.Despite her loyal fandom, she was unable to attend any of the first four games of the World Series due to that pesky NASCAR schedule. But that all changed Sunday night when she finally made it to the Windy City for Game 5 with boyfriend and fellow driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and NASCAR star Kurt Busch.With Patrick cheering them on, the Cubs staved off elimination with a 3-2 win oveer the Cleveland Indians.dddddddddddd.COINCIDENCE? I think not.The shot!A photo posted by Danica Patrick (@danicapatrick) onOct 30, 2016 at 7:30pm PDTCubs fans should probably start some sort of petition to get Patrick and the crew to Cleveland for Tuesdays Game 6.See something entertaining on social media that you think deserves to be shared? Let me know on Twitter, @darcymaine_espn. Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap China Womens NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap NFL Jerseys China Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.