ad the paper, they like to know their sons are on the

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 14.09.2018 12:55
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

BOSTON -- The Boston Red Sox acquired All-Star Drew Pomeranz from the San Diego Padres on Thursday night, adding a third left-hander to the rotation as they push to return to the playoffs after consecutive last-place finishes.Boston sent righty Anderson Espinoza to San Diego. The 18-year-old righty was ranked the No. 15 prospect in the country by Baseball America.We think (Pomeranz) makes us better now, president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said in a conference call with reporters. We know theres a sacrifice for the future.Pomeranz, 27, who will make his Boston debut Wednesday, is 8-7 with a 2.47 ERA in 17 starts for San Diego this season. He pitched a scoreless inning in Tuesday night in the All-Star game.Hes not an easy guy to deal, Padres general manager A.J. Preller said. Any time you have a left-handed starter who performs the way he has, resulting in an All-Star berth, you have to feel very good about the return that youre getting.I think it says a lot to Espinoza as far as what our guys thought about him. From that standpoint, we looked at it that its something where were getting a premium guy.Pomeranz joins fellow lefties David Price and Eduardo Rodriguez in a Boston rotation that includes Rick Porcello and AL ERA leader Steven Wright. Except for Wright, all have been inconsistent this season, and injuries to closer Craig Kimbrel and setup man Junichi Tazawa threatened to further strain the rotation.There are only a couple of pitchers we thought had a chance to be available that we thought would give us an upgrade on our pitching staff, Dombrowski said.Its the fourth trade in a week for Dombrowski, who also made a big splash in the offseason by signing Price to a seven-year, $217 million free-agent contract. The Red Sox acquired third baseman Aaron Hill from Milwaukee, second baseman Michael Martinez from Cleveland and righty Brad Ziegler over the last seven days without giving up any major leaguers.They have also managed to hang onto most of their top prospects. Espinoza was 5-8 with a 4.38 ERA in 17 starts for Single-A Greenville this season.He was ranked as the No. 3 prospect in the Red Sox system and the No. 4 pitching prospect in the country, according to Baseball America.Hes a youngster that we liked a great deal, Dombrowski said. He was a few years away from the major leagues. Not somebody that we wanted to give up.Preller, who traded Kimbrel to Boston over the offseason, has now traded two All-Stars in two weeks; he sent closer Fernando Rodney to Miami on June 30. Pomeranz is under Bostons control through 2018.To make room for Pomeranz on Bostons 40-man roster, infielder Josh Rutledge was transferred to the 60-day disabled list. He has left knee tendinitis.---AP Sports Writer Bernie Wilson in San Diego contributed to this report. China Jerseys Cheap . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. http://www.jerseyscheapnfl.us/ . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. Jerseys NFL China . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Cheap Jerseys From China . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. ATHENS, Ga. -- For all those who might think hes trying to turn Georgia into Alabama East, Kirby Smart would like to point out that hes not calling up Nick Saban every day for advice.Coach Saban has to get ready for his game, Smart said. Im getting ready for North Carolina.No. 18 Georgia will begin a new era Saturday when it opens the season right down the road in Atlanta, taking on the 22nd-ranked Tar Heels in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.For the first time in 15 years, the Bulldogs are breaking in a new coach.After dumping Mark Richt, Georgia turned to Sabans longtime defensive coordinator, hoping Smart can replicate the sort of success his mentor has produced in Tuscaloosa.Smart has brought along many of things he learned at Alabama, from holding his weekly news conference on Monday instead of Tuesday to making freshmen and assistant coaches off-limits to the media.And, like Saban, the new Bulldogs coach is reticent about revealing a whole lot of information, such as who the starting quarterback will be in just a few days. Freshman Jacob Eason would appear to have the inside track, but Smart insisted that senior Greyson Lambert, last years starter, was still in the mix.No starter has been named, Smart told reporters, in a brusque tone that wouldve made Saban proud. Well let you guys know.Good luck trying to figure out the rest of the lineup, as well.On the depth chart released Monday, 16 other positions still listed two potential starters. The most common word on the list was or.When your mom and dad read the paper, they like to know their sons are on the roster, Smart said. Weve got a lot of great competition at a lot of positions. A lot of guys deserve `ors.In addition to quarterback, there will be plenty of attention directed toward the tailback position. Nick Chubb was one of the nations top runners until he went down last season with a gruesome knee injury.Now, just 10 months later, hes healed and fully cleared to play. Smart said there wont be any need to limit his carries, like one might do with a pitcher coming back from an arm injury.ddddddddddddHes scrimmaged and done a lot of things, the coach said. Hes had a lot of practices where hes carried it more than five to seven times, and we feel good about Nick. He feels great. Hes ready to go. So he wont technically be on a pitch count by any means.North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said it doesnt really matter who the Bulldogs decide to play.I dont think theres been a year that Georgia hasnt been in the top 10 in the recruiting rankings, he said. I mean, theyve got players. Theres going to be a tailback back there that can go. Theres going to be an offensive line that can go. Theres going to be a quarterback, whoever it is, he can go. Same thing on defense.Smart downplayed any attempt to turn the focus of the opener on himself, even though its clear the Bulldog faithful are counting on nothing less than an SEC East version of the powerhouse that Saban has built while winning four national titles in the last eight years at Alabama.Sure, Richt captured a pair of Southeastern Conference titles and had the second-most wins of any coach in school history, but Georgia has long been viewed as a bit of an underachieving program given the amount of talent that has gone on to play in the NFL.The 40-year-old Smart is out to change that. While hes never been a head coach, there is no lack of bravado heading into his debut.The amount of pressure that Ive put on myself as a defensive coordinator for the last 10, 11 years, I really believe theres a lot more decisions that go into that position than the head coach, he said. Not week to week, absolutely not. How we practice, who plays quarterback, all thats a whole different story. But when it comes to game day, I think the confidence in what weve done up to this point allows me to be comfortable with where we are.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry . Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.