best teams in the country on the road and wi

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 13.09.2018 15:09
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- One potential All-Star seeks to recover from his worst performance of the season while another looks to continue his recent offensive success when the Baltimore Orioles meet the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium.Right-hander Chris Tillman, who permitted four runs on six hits in 4 2/3 innings Thursday night in the Orioles 5-3 loss to the Seattle Mariners, hopes to return to the form that enabled him to win nine successive decisions before that defeat.Tillman (10-2, 3.72 ERA) shares third place in the American League in wins, and he is on pace to exceed his career-high victory total. The 28-year-old from nearby Orange County earned 16 wins in 2013, when he made the American League All-Star team for the first time in his first full season with the Orioles.After going 29-13 in 2013 and 2014, Tillman fell to 11-11 in 2015. Last winter, Tillman tinkered with his delivery and produced an effective change-up that complements his fastball.I experimented with some new stuff, Tillman said. Last year, I wasnt able to throw my off-speed pitches for strikes. The hitters were a little more comfortable when they were aware of just one pitch. In the offseason, we did some mechanical stuff, just some minor stuff that helped in a big way.Tillman will be facing the Dodgers for the first time in his eight-year major league career.As he tries to stop the Orioles five-game losing streak by ending the Dodgers five-game winning streak, Tillman will have to defuse one of the National Leagues most potent young threats.Los Angeles shortstop Corey Seager enters Tuesday nights contest with a 17-game hitting streak, a career high and the National Leagues longest this year. During his streak, Seager is batting .414 (29-for-70) with eight doubles, two triples, two home runs and five RBI.For the season, Seager leads the Dodgers with 17 homers, 20 doubles, 100 hits, 57 runs, a .305 batting average and a .540 slugging percentage. The 22-year-old rookie also has 41 RBI to share the team lead with Justin Turner.Theres really nothing he cant do on a baseball field, and hes really continued to get better, Los Angeles manager Dave Roberts said of Seager. Its scary to think how much hes grown and become a very, very good major league player at this stage of his career, and hes only 22.Even with the presence of left-hander Clayton Kershaw, arguably baseballs best pitcher, Roberts paid Seager perhaps the ultimate compliment.Not to take away from anybody else on the club, Roberts said, but with what he does on the offensive and defensive side, yeah, hes our best player.Seager and his offensive teammates will look for help Tuesday from right-hander Kenta Maeda, who will face Baltimore for the first time in his rookie season.Maeda (7-5, 2.82 ERA) has not allowed more than four runs in any of his 16 starts for Los Angeles. In his past seven starts, the a 28-year-old from Japan is 4-2 with a 2.21 ERA. His last time out, Maeda held the Brewers to one run on three hits in six innings during an 8-1 win Thursday.Dodger Stadium hasnt been as kind to Maeda as road venues, as he is just 2-4 with a 3.00 ERA over eight outings in Los Angeles. Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Cheap Jerseys Online . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. http://www.wholesalejerseys.online/ .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Jerseys NFL Cheap .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Cheap NFL Black Jerseys . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. LOS ANGELES -- UCLA guard Jordin Canada was focused on grabbing the rebound she needed for her first triple-double.So when teammate Monique Billings flung away the rebounded ball they both held, Canada glared at her. Players and coaches on the UCLA bench all knew what was at stake and collectively groaned in disbelief.Everyone finished with smiles because Canada notched her 10th rebound with 48 seconds left.Canada had 11 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists to lead No. 9 UCLA to a 95-47 win over Southern University on Friday night.Its the sixth triple-double in school history, and Canada also crossed the 1,000-point mark, a milestone she didnt know about until after the game.Its also an honor. Its a great feeling to know that Ive put in the work, Canada said. Im very proud of myself, but its not all about points. Yes, its a great honor, but its not everything.Kennedy Burke led the Bruins with 23 points, including a career-high five 3-pointers. UCLA finished with a school-record 14 3-pointers, breaking the 12 set against Hawaii in 2009.Billings had a double-double with 22 points and 15 rebounds, her fifth consecutive since last season. She also set a career high with six steals.But she drew the ire of her point guard.We have goals that we have to meet. Mo was one rebound away from getting 15 rebounds, which was her goal, Canada said. I was one rebound away from getting a triple-double. At the time, I thought she already met her goal. When the ball went up we both had it, and I was screaming because I wanted it. She took it away. I was mad.I didnt realize she hadnt met her goal until afterward, so I felt bad. Were just really passionate about getting our goals.UCLA had just nine players available for the game. Four players arre injured and have yet to play this season.ddddddddddddCanada prides herself on passing, defending and, when a milestone is on the line, rebounding.Ive never seen Jordan so mad at me running down the court, said Billings, with a laugh. She got her rebound, too. So its all good.Skylar OBear scored 14 points and Briana Green added 12 for Southern (1-2).BIG PICTURE:Southern got the experience of playing one of the best teams in the country on the road and will have plenty of learning opportunities in a postgame film session.UCLA has its sights set on a national championship. With an 84-70 loss to No. 2 Baylor on the road four days ago, it showed theres work to be done. UCLA dominated Southern at home, where it plays so well, but hasnt won a road game against a ranked opponent in its last 13 consecutive games. After the loss to Baylor, UCLA likely will fall out of the top 10.QUOTABLE:I think were still not playing anywhere close to what were going to become. Thats a good news-bad news. Its bad news because we missed an opportunity at Baylor. The good news is that theres no danger this group is going to peak early. We have so many things we still need to work on. On the other hand, were shooting the ball great. Were a selfless team. -- UCLA coach Cori Close on ways to improve after a 48-point win.UP NEXT:Southern University returns home to play Bethune-Cookman on Thursday. Its a one-game stint in New Orleans, with the Jaguars playing six of their first eight games on the road.UCLA hosts Cal Poly on Sunday before traveling to Mexico to play Iowa in the Cancun Challenge, which starts on Thanksgiving. Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.