arent rift with the UFC, he was quick to offer suppor

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 10.01.2018 09:32
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

With both teams coming off Atlanta Coast Conference losses, No. 16 Miami and North Carolina will be playing essentially an elimination game in the Coastal Division race when they clash at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday (ABC/ESPN2) at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla.A second conference loss at this early stage of the race doesnt necessarily eliminate either team, but it does put the loser in a position of needing help, particularly North Carolina (4-2, 2-1 ACC).That is because the Tar Heels lost to Virginia Tech, and in the case of a two-way tie with Tech, which is 2-0 in conference play, the Hokies would hold the tiebreaker.A second league loss, this one to Miami, also would give the Tar Heels defeats to both of their chief rivals in the Coastal Division. Few scenarios would work out in their favor in that case.The Hurricanes (4-1, 1-1 ACC) could withstand the impact of a second ACC loss a bit better because they still have Virginia Tech yet to play. But they still would need some help in the form of a second defeat for the Hokies in ACC play if they lose to the Tar Heels to have tiebreaker scenarios start to work in their favor.The Hurricanes are scheduled to play at Virginia Tech just five days after their game against the Heels in a Thursday night encounter in Blacksburg.Unlike the Tar Heels, however, the Hurricanes control their own destiny in the Coastal race. Win out, and they earn their first berth in the ACC championship game.The Coastal is wide open right now, Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya said after the Hurricanes lost last week 20-19 when the Seminoles blocked an extra-point try after a late touchdown. I think just about everyone has a loss.We just have to keep going, keep fighting and plan on winning it. Thats what I plan on doing. I know thats what the rest of the team plans on doing. We cant let this loss define us.Miami coach Mark Richt also noted how wide open the race is at this early point.Everybody has a lot to play for, and were one of them, he said. We have North Carolina coming up and a few more Coastal opponents pretty quick. Well find out how we fare on that side.Hopefully, we can get back in the race. I think we will.It should be pointed out that although all conference games figure in a teams conference record, the second tiebreaker after head-to-head competition is a teams record within the division. That adds a little extra to this weeks game as well.Kaaya will go into the matchup after throwing for 214 yards and two touchdowns against the Seminoles. He threw one interception, however, and that was a costly mistake. His pass into the end zone came on a second-down play early in the third quarter and denied the Hurricanes an opportunity to build on a 13-3 lead.The Seminoles then cashed in on the miscue to drive 80 yards for their first touchdown.Kaaya said there was a miscommunication on the play between him and freshman receiver Ahmmon Richards, who dropped a pass on the previous play.I kind of threw it underneath, Kaaya said, and the corner turned around and made a play.The Tar Heels certainly can point to more than one play as being costly in the 34-3 beating they took from Virginia Tech that dropped them out of this weeks Top 25 rankings. They rushed for 73 yards and passed for only 58 more on a windy, rainy afternoon.I honestly dont know if Ive been a part of a worse performance offensively, Heels coach Larry Fedora said. Defensively, I thought that for a large part of the game we hung in there pretty well.However, the offense kept putting the defense in untenable situations, losing four turnovers on quarterback Mitch Trubiskys first two interceptions of the season and two fumbles.Before last week, when he completed only 13 of 33 pass attempts, Trubisky had completed 76 percent of his passes. He has a deep stable of receivers to throw to led by senior Ryan Switzer, who has 49 catches for 589 yards for the season, though Switzer had only two receptions for 2 yards against the Hokies. Lightning Jerseys China . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. Cheap Lightning Jerseys For Sale . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. http://www.wholesalelightningjerseys.com/ . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. Cheap Stitched Lightning Jerseys . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. Cheap Lightning Jerseys . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph.UFC president Dana White has warned Conor McGregor he will be stripped of his featherweight title unless he quickly moves to clarify his future fighting plans. Irish superstar McGregor stunned the world of mixed martial arts by announcing his retirement from the sport with a brief tweet on Tuesday. The UFC acted quickly by announcing it had pulled him from the main event of its blockbuster UFC 200 card on July 9 after he refused to travel to Las Vegas later this week to promote the landmark card. UFC president Dana White wants to plan UFC 200 McGregor was scheduled to face Nate Diaz in a rematch of their March welterweight fight, which the American won via second-round submission.Also on the card, former featherweight champion Jose Aldo is scheduled to meet Frankie Edgar for an interim featherweight title.The plan was for the winner to then face McGregor later this year but White has warned the Irishman that Aldo and Edgar will fight for the real belt unless he clarifies his position. McGregor defeated Jose Aldo to win the UFC featherweight title last December Thats the thing: Conor needs to clear up this whole retirement thing and clear it up fast because if hes retired, then at UFC 200 Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar are fighting for the vacant title then, White said, during an appearance on Wednesdays episode of The Herd on Fox Sports 1.When asked if he believed McGregor has truly retired from MMA, White said: I do not.White said he believes McGregor will fight in the next year before adding the mixed-martial arts superstar could still feature at UFC 200. McGregor pulled from UFC 200 Conor McGregor pulled from UFC 200 amid retirement speculation If he called me after this interview wed probably still do it, White said. The problem is this - you have to be here to promote your fight and you have to shoot this commercial.Were spending $10m in promotion for UFC 200 and all that money is in motion. You cant do this. I dont care who you are or how big you are, you cant do this.As things stand, the UFC are left scrambling to find a main event for a card they announced a year ago. The rest of the card had been met with a mixed reaction from fans before McGregor was pulled and being forced to withdraw the sports biggest pay-per-view star does nothing to further the UFCs cause. Nate Diaz is without an opponent for UFC 200 Diaz is without an opponent but appears far from certain to stay in the main event slot without McGregor.ddddddddddddPrior to his win over McGregor at UFC 196 in March, Diaz - who was called up to fight on late notice after an injury to lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos - had never headlined a UFC pay-per-view event.The Stockton native was soundly beaten by Dos Anjos at the end of 2014, and he suffered unanimous-decision defeats to Dong Hyun Kim and Rory MacDonald in his only two fights at welterweight, making a shot against welterweight champion Robbie Lawler hard to justify.McGregor is a superstar who transcends the sport and - aside from probably Ronda Rousey - is the only active fighter the UFC would allow to headline one of the biggest nights in its history without a world title on the line. Jon Jones will face Ovince Saint Preux for an interim light heavyweight title at UFC 197 The most obvious candidate to step into the breach may be pound-for-pound number one Jon Jones.The former light-heavyweight king makes his long-awaited return following a 16-month layoff against Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197 this Saturday.Jones was originally supposed to face Daniel Cormier but the reigning light-heavyweight champion was forced to pull out of the bout due to injury.Providing Jones comes through against Saint Preux unscathed, his rematch with Cormier would emerge as the most natural candidate to fill the void at UFC 200. That is a prospect which would excite Jones. Why did McGregor retire? Was Conor McGregors UFC exit always on the cards? Absolutely, I would totally step in to UFC 200 and fill in that main event or co-main event slot, Jones told media on Wednesday.Though Jones may stand to benefit from McGregors apparent rift with the UFC, he was quick to offer support to the Irishman.Hats off to him for standing up for what he believes is right, Jones added At the end of the day, business is business, and the guy obviously has respect for himself and his talents.Fights like this will help fighters in the future. So, I respect his balls. I respect his willingness to fight for what is right. Also See: Why did McGregor retire? McGregor pulled from UFC 200 Who is UFCs real No 1? Saint Preux v Jones at UFC 197 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.