feated Yanina Wickmayer 6-3, 6-2.Also on the womens

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 11.09.2018 15:08
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

HOBOKEN, N.J. -- Authorities have charged a New York City man in a New Jersey hit-and-run that killed the cousin of Ben Simmons, the No. 1 pick in this years NBA draft.Hoboken police said Friday that Mark Nicholas, of Brooklyn, was charged with striking 21-year-old Zachary Simmons with his SUV while he crossed a street June 25 in Hoboken.Video released by authorities shows the vehicle immediately speeding away.It wasnt immediately clear if Nicholas had an attorney to comment on his behalf.The victims mother told WCBS-TV that her son had gone with Simmons to watch him be drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers the week he was killed.After the crash, Ben Simmons tweeted: Hearing the news this morning is a reminder to never forget the important things in life. Cheap Jerseys Online .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Jerseys From China . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. http://www.cheapjerseys.stream/ . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Cheap Jerseys 2019 . Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. NEW YORK -- If this is how Serena Williams serves when she cant practice properly because her right shoulder is sore, watch out when shes 100 percent healthy.A year after falling two wins short of a calendar-year Grand Slam by bowing out in the US Open semifinals, Williams showed zero signs of shoulder trouble on Tuesday night as she began her bid for a record-breaking 23rd major title.She hit 12 aces and reached 121 mph on her powerful serve during a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Ekaterina Makarova, a potentially tricky first-round opponent at Flushing Meadows.I was pleased with my serve, because I havent been hitting a lot of serves at all, the 34-year-old Williams said. In practice, none of them were going in, so I was definitely excited about that.Since equaling Steffi Grafs mark for most Grand Slam singles trophies in the Open era, which dates to 1968, by earning No. 22 at Wimbledon in July, the No. 1-ranked Williams had entered only one event -- the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, where she was upset in the third round. She cited a sore shoulder in withdrawing from a hard-court tournament a week later.She looked perfectly fine against Makarova, a two-time Grand Slam semifinalist who is ranked 29th. Makarova beat Williams in straight sets at the 2012 Australian Open.I knew today I needed to be focused, because Ive played her, Williams said of Makarova. Shes gotten to the semifinals. She goes deep in majors. She knows how to play big matches on big courts. Shes not intimidated. I knew I had to really come out today. It was my only option, really.Well, consider that done.Wearing black sleeves on each arm -- she called the accessories definitely functional, because they keep my muscles warm -- Williams averaged 108 mph on first serves and won 17 of the first 20 points she served, 36 of 46 overall, never appearing to be the least bit bothered by anything.And she even figured that maybe the time she couldnt spend serving during training sessions paid off, in a way, because she was forced to address other aspects of her game, including footwork.I couldnt hit any balls. I wanted to stay fit, so ... I guess that kind of helped me out a little bit, she said.In 2015, Williams arrived at the US Open having won four consecutive major titles for a self-styled Serena Slam. But had she also won the championship in New York, she would have made it 4-for-4 within a single season, something no one had done since Graf in 1988.But that pursuit ended with a surprising semifinal loss to Roberta Vinci of Italy.Later, Williams acknowledged what was at stake had been a burden.Williams was asked Tuesday whether this edition of the US Open might be a more pleasant experience than a year ago, without the same sort of history on the line.I had a great experience last year.dddddddddddd I was going for something that no one has done in a really long time, she replied. Yeah, it didnt end out wonderful for me, or the way I wanted it to end, but it was all I could do. Thats all I could do. If I could make the semis this year, Id be excited about that.Meanwhile, her sister?Venus Williams needed three sets to win her 18th first-round match at the US Open.She defeated Kateryna Kozlova of Ukraine 6-2, 5-7, 6-4, despite 63 unforced errors, and improved to 18-0 in the Opens first round. Only Chris Evert (19-0) has a better record in the first round in the Open era, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.?She led 5-2 in the third set, but the 22-year-old Kozlova pushed her to the limit in the 2-hour, 42-minute match.It was great to be challenged and to be pushed, said the 36-year-old Venus Williams, a two-time US Open champion, because I had to get in those situations that you know youre going to face in the tournament.She next faces?Julia Goerges, who defeated Yanina Wickmayer 6-3, 6-2.Also on the womens side,?Simona Halep gave herself less than nine for her quick work against Kirsten Flipkens.The Romanian was ahead 6-0, 5-0, with countrywoman Nadia Comaneci cheering her on. Comaneci was the first gymnast to score a perfect 10 at the 1976 Montreal Olympics.Halep, the fifth seed, was unable to complete the double bagel, however, as she wound up winning 6-0, 6-2.Halep said she wasnt perfect, but she was pleased with her play against the Belgian. She got 69 percent of her first serves in and won 12 of 15 points at the net.Halep, who reached the semifinals of the US Open last year, will next face Lucie Safarova, a 6-4, 6-4 winner over Daria Gavrilova.In other matches,?Ana Ivanovic?tumbled out of the US Open in the first round for the second straight year after a 7-6 (4), 6-1 loss to Denisa Allertova of the Czech Republic.A former No. 1 player who has slipped to 31st in the rankings, Ivanovic was serving for the first set at 6-5 but struggled with her serve and faltered in the tiebreaker. The 2008 French Open champion finished with seven double faults and 41 unforced errors.At the US Open, Ivanovic has reached the fourth round or better five times, including a career-best quarterfinal run in 2012.Meanwhile, 2011 US Open champion?Samantha Stosur?advanced with a 7-5, 6-7 (4), 6-1 win over Camila Giorgi, who had an ace to win the second-set tiebreaker.Stosur, however, streaked out to a 4-0 lead in the deciding set and next will face Zhang Shuai, who defeated Ellen Perez 6-1, 6-1.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.