a sustained 30-minute gang rape against

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 09.09.2018 14:01
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Its December, and in some cities the weather is bad, the football is worse.While overall attendance in the NFL is up -- credit in great part the Rams move from St. Louis to Los Angeles -- those empty seats you see in several stadiums are no mirage.There are even lots of empties in the LA Memorial Coliseum; maybe there was no honeymoon period with the Rams returning to LA.Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Miami, San Francisco, Cleveland and the Jersey Meadowlands when the Jets are home have had rows and rows of unused tickets. Other than Miami, those clubs have losing records this season.The Dolphins (8-5) have announced sellouts each week, but there have been thousands of empty seats.Detroit, perhaps on its way to a first-round playoff bye, has seen the same; last weekends win over the Bears drew 61,726 to the 65,000-seat facility.Atlanta is tied for the NFC South lead and has sold out 67 straight games, but the stands have not been filled for much of this season, including a crowd almost 3,000 under capacity for the opener.The Bucs, tied atop the NFC South with the Falcons, are averaging 60,423 through seven games, 5,000 under capacity.When the 49ers hosted the Jets last Sunday, Levis Stadium was about half full. Of course, the matchup was a weak one, but the Niners havent drawn well for other contests, including against division rival Arizona.It appears to be a combination of the team consistently losing, people not enamored of the stadium and its location in Santa Clara, and, on hot days, the sun baking a significant number of seats, making it uncomfortably hot.Dont think the players dont notice, either. San Franciscos Ahmad Brooks called it disrespectful that so many Patriots fans were in the building on Nov. 20. Minnesotas Stefon Diggs said it was a great crowd when most of the fans in Jacksonville on Sunday were wearing purple.I almost thought it was a home game it was so loud for us at times. Its louder back home, but it was great fan support for us today. They came out and showed a lot of love.Theres not much love being shown in Cleveland, which seems logical given the Browns chase of infamy. Browns fans are among the most loyal in football, but an 0-fer is a bit too much to bear.That means plenty of empty orange seats at FirstEnergy Stadium. The crowds have gotten noticeably smaller and last Sunday the stadium was only half-filled for Ohio rival Cincinnati. For other games, notably against Pittsburgh and Dallas, there were thousands of opposing fans.Well, we did that to ourselves, said tackle Joe Thomas, Clevelands best player. Were the ones that didnt win the games. If we would be 13-0, I guarantee it would be packed, theyd be selling tickets for a thousand bucks a pop.So its not discouraging any more than the record that we have is discouraging. Thats the nature of the NFL. If you dont win, people dont want to watch you.In Tampa, which has a young and exciting team building something impressive, the first game in which there wasnt a massive presence of fans in visiting regalia was against Seattle -- the Bucs sixth home game.Visiting fans dont have problems getting seats because there are so many tickets available.After last weeks 16-11 win over New Orleans, Bucs quarterback Jameis Winston said: People want to come to these games and see the Bucs play now. Thats fun. Thats fun as a team to know that were coming into a building and everyone is here for us, not the other team. Thats great.This weekend could provide quite a test of fans allegiances for the Bengals and the Jets. Cincinnati has advertised the availability of tickets for Sundays matchup with the Steelers, so theres a decent chance Paul Brown Stadium will be full -- of Terrible Towels.New York has a Saturday night matchup against the Dolphins, one of its top rivals. Dont expect to see waves of green throughout the stands at MetLife Stadium, particularly with a chance of nasty weather.Ryan Bosma, a Jets season ticket holder since 2009, gave his two tickets to friends.Its challenging when the Jets are down the drain, he says. There are just so many tickets available on the secondary market, and supply and demand does not work out in your favor. The market is just flooded with tickets, so to get any kind of return on tickets, its virtually impossible.Yet people keep buying season tickets, hardly an inexpensive venture, particularly when personal seat licenses (PSLs) are involved. Giving away tickets, selling them for less than face value or, even worse, eating them only exacerbates the costs, particularly for fans financing the PSL payments.Bosma admits he chose to purchase the seats and PSLs, so he is stuck with the payments. Hes also stuck with a product that can be woeful. Just like his brethren in several other cities where, despite the overall health of the 32 NFL franchises, pro football is not a slam-dunk attraction.I was on the waiting list for five or six years, Bosma says. They were going into a new stadium and a lot of people decided not to do PSLs, and I went right up the list.Now, he doesnt feel so fortunate. But at least he has company.It is an endless cycle with the Jets, he says with a chuckle and no apparent bitterness. Its the Jets fans life.---AP Sports Writer Charles Odum, Josh Dubow, Joe Kay, Mark Long, Fred Goodall, Tom Withers and Larry Lage contributed.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL MLB Jerseys Outlet .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Wholesale Baseball Jerseys For Sale . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.stitchedmlbjerseys.com/ . Thousands of Southern California fans enveloped the Trojans to celebrate an improbable win secured by an interim coach, an inconsistent kicker and a thin defence that wouldnt break. Discount Baseball Jerseys . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Cheap Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A former Vanderbilt football player who encouraged his teammates to rape an unconscious female student was sentenced Friday to 17 years in prison under a law requiring aggravated rape convicts to serve 100 percent of their time behind bars.After the hearing, prosecutors said they hoped the sentences handed down would send a message that people who commit these types of crimes on campus will be held accountable.Victims should know that there are people on their side -- whether police, prosecutors or judges -- Assistant District Attorney Roger Moore said.Thats what I would like to see taken away from this -- that justice is going to be served, Moore said.Surveillance video showed Brandon Vandenburg helping to carry the woman into his dorm room, where testimony showed he handed out condoms to three of his teammates and egged them on. The 23-year-old former player also took cellphone videos of the June 2013 dorm room rape and emailed them to friends in California while the crime was ongoing.He was found guilty in 2015, but that verdict was overturned after lawyers learned that the jury foreman had not revealed that he had been a victim of statutory rape. Vandenburg was convicted again in June on five counts of aggravated rape, two counts of aggravated sexual battery and one count of unlawful photography.He faced a sentence of 15 to 25 years in prison, and his victim had asked for the maximum punishment.The woman, whom Vandenburg had begun dating shortly before the attack, did not appear in court Friday, but a prosecutor read her statement to Davidson County Criminal Courtt Judge Monte Watkins.ddddddddddddPlease do not use my absence as an excuse for leniency, as it in no way diminishes the profound and insidious impact of Mr. Vandenburg on me and my life, she wrote. I still ask that he receive the full sentence allowed under the law for orchestrating a sustained 30-minute gang rape against me, a defenseless woman who trusted him. The minimum sentence is not enough for what this man did to me.Vandenburg, already in jail since his second conviction, also was added to the state sex offender registry.The Associated Press does not normally identify victims of rape or sexual assault. The woman, who has since graduated from Vanderbilt and is pursuing a Ph.D. at another school, has tried to preserve her anonymity despite being forced to testify at multiple trials.Vandenburg apologized to her Friday. He told Judge Watkins that he was ashamed of what he had done and blamed it on alcohol.My judgment was severely impaired, and Im sad for everyone involved, Vandenburg said.The judge reiterated that this has been one of the saddest cases he has ever heard. He said Vandenburg abused the womans trust in the man she was dating. But for him, it would not have happened, Watkins said.Cory Batey, Vandenburgs former teammate, was convicted in a separate retrial and sentenced to 15 years.The cases of two other former teammates facing rape and other charges -- Jaborian Tip McKenzie and Brandon Banks, who remain out on bond -- have yet to be resolved. China Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Hoodies ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.