ive TDs), sophomore Dontrelle Inman (50 catches,

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 02.09.2018 12:20
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Former Baylor president and chancellor Kenneth Starr defended former Bears football coach Art Briles on Saturday, saying he was unfairly criticized by the media for his handling of allegations of sexual assault against some of his players.During an interview at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, Starr said Briles was an honorable man who conducted an honorable program.Briles has devoted his life to molding the lives of young men, Starr said. A grave injustice was done to Art Briles. Coach Briles has been [calumniated] ... its completely unfair.I have great confidence to this day in Coach Briles. I believe hes an honorable person.Baylor officials fired Briles in May, after the universitys board of trustees released the findings of the Pepper Hamilton report, which detailed how the school -- and specifically members of the football program -- failed to respond to reports of sexual assault.After the Pepper Hamilton summary was released, Starr was demoted and ultimately resigned, athletic director Ian McCaw was suspended and resigned and at least two other athletic department employees were fired.On Saturday, Starr said he disagreed with the findings of Pepper Hamilton, the Philadelphia law firm that the university hired in the fall of 2015 to investigate the way it handled sexual assault allegations.Among other findings, the Pepper Hamilton attorneys found that Baylor conducted processes that were wholly inadequate to consistently provide a prompt and equitable response under Title IX; actions by university administrators directly discouraged some complainants from reporting or participating in student conduct processes; and found specific failings within both the football program and athletics department leadership.The Pepper Hamilton summary also said the attorneys had significant concerns about the tone and culture within Baylors football program as it relates to accountability for all forms of student athlete misconduct.I disagree with the sense that there was a fundamental failure, Starr said Saturday. I love Title IX. It has been an instrument of great, great reform ... [but] the pendulum has swung much too far in one direction.Starr, who resigned as a law professor at Baylor in August, said he plans to write a book about his experiences at the school.In an interview with ESPN earlier this month, Briles said he took responsibility for his programs poor handling of sexual assault allegations against his players.There were some bad things that happened under my watch, Briles said. And for that, Im sorry. ... I was wrong. Im sorry. Im going to learn. Im going to get better. Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. Official NFL Jerseys . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. http://www.thenfloffcialstore.com/ . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic . -- Stanford squashed Oregons national championship hopes again, schooling the Ducks in power football. NFL Jerseys Outlet . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over .MISSISSAUGA, Ont. -- Romby Bryant is adjusting to his new life with the Toronto Argonauts on the fly. The veteran receiver is in a new city, with a new team and is trying to pick up a new offence while learning the nuances of a new position. And hes doing it on the run, having not had the benefit of taking any reps prior to Sunday, when the defending Grey Cup champions opened training camp. Trouble is, the clock is ticking. The Argos first exhibition game is June 12 in Winnipeg against the Blue Bombers, and they kick off the regular season June 28 at Rogers Centre against the arch-rival Hamilton Tiger-Cats. "Oh yeah, its hard," Bryant said of all the adjustments following Tuesdays two workouts. "Im just trying to get the playbook down and learn the plays. "Its a matter of getting the reps in. I can sit down and look at the playbook all day but it doesnt mean anything until I get out there and see it all in front of me and look at the defence." But Bryant has more on his mind than just football. Hes also taking courses towards getting his communications degree at Tulsa University -- his alma mater -- while adjusting to being away from his fiancee, Melissa, who lives in Fairfax, Va., as well as his four-year-old daughter, Shiloh, living in Oklahoma City. "It gets harder every year to leave my daughter because the older she gets the more she knows Im actually leaving," Bryant said. "For me, I cant get used to it at all." Fortunately, Bryants daughter wasnt affected by the klller tornado that recently devastated the Oklahoma City region. Bryant, 33, signed with Toronto this off-season shortly after being granted his release by Calgary. Bryant spent three-plus seasons with the Stampeders, registering 211 catches for 3,028 yards and 22 touchdowns before adding two receptions for 31 yards in the clubs 35-22 loss to the Argos in the 100th Grey Cup at Rogers Centre in November. The six-foot-one, 191-pound Bryant was slated for free agency Feb. 15 but asked for his release in January upon sensing Calgary wasnt interested in his return. The move paid off as he signed with Toronto three days prior to the start of CFL free agency. Bryant brings a veteran presence and proven track record to Toronto. Over five CFL seasons, the former Tulsa star has 295 career receptions for 4,428 yards and 31 TDs. "Yeah, but that doesnt mean anything," he said. "I feel like I can run around still but what I think doesnt really matter because Im not making the decisions. "Ive been in those situations where I was the young guy that putt out the veteran even though the veteran was better than me but I was younger.dddddddddddd Thats the way of the world. Theres no guarantee Ill even make this team." Bryants best CFL campaign was 2010 when he had 78 catches for 1,170 yards and 15 TDs, all career highs. The Oklahoma City native recorded 51 and 55 catches, respectively, the last two seasons with the Stampeders. Despite those numbers, Toronto head coach Scott Milanovich isnt expecting Bryant to become the clubs No. 2 receiver behind Chad Owens, the CFLs outstanding player last season who was the leagues top receiver with 94 catches for 1,328 yards and six TDs. "We have different guys we can spread the ball around to," Milanovich said. "When the coverage dictates youre to get the ball, youve got to (make the catch). "We expect that of all our guys, whether theyre starters or backups. They just have to do the job when their number is called." Owens headlines a Toronto receiving corps that also includes veteran Canadian slotback Andre Durie (70 catches, 842 yards, five TDs), sophomore Dontrelle Inman (50 catches, 803 yards, five TDs), Jason Barnes (31 catches, 437 yards, four TDs) and B.C. native Spencer Watt (34 catches, 424 yards). Running back Chad Kackert added 23 catches for 212 yards. "Its very explosive and theyve got a lot of young, quick, fast guys," Bryant said. "They can score from anywhere with guys like Kackert, (Owens), Durie and also Inman. "Pick your poison." But the man who makes Torontos offence go is quarterback Ricky Ray. The 11-year veteran completed a club-record 68.6 per cent of his passes last year for 4,059 yards and 20 touchdowns in 14 games. Ray was especially sharp in Torontos three playoff games, completing 69-of-97 passes for 869 yards with five TDs and an interception in leading the Argos to their Grey Cup win. Hes happy to have another veteran receiver to throw to. "Romby is one of those guys who has a lot of experience in this league and can play a few different positions for us," Ray said. "Hes not like a rookie who has to learn defence and offence and pretty much the whole game. "Hes just trying to learn what were doing here. As far as running routes and all that stuff he knows how to make the adjustments off what the defence is doing." Bryant says the prospect of hauling in passes from Ray appeals to him. "Ricky is a great quarterback," Bryant said. "Whatever receivers play with Ricky are going to have a great year. "He makes receivers look good." Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.