e minutes left in the third, Butler hit two free

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 30.08.2018 15:45
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Lets bounce around the NBA in our weekly tradition.10 things I like and dont like1. Mike Conley, gone for a whileWell, this sucks. Conley just keeps getting better. Hes under more pressure than ever this season for a paper-thin team, and hes thriving. Conley has nailed 47 percent (!) from deep, and hes running every possession with the usual change-of-pace guile. He has never looked more confident, and in control. He somehow appears even faster than usual when he decides to zoom.The leagues perennial almost-All-Star was making a legitimate case for a wild-card reserve spot, even as every Western Conference guard goes nuclear around him. And then, this. The Grizzlies are in deep, deep trouble. They have been great with both Conley and Marc Gasol on the floor, and disastrously bad in basically every other scenario, per NBA.com.His backups have been borderline unplayable as lead dogs, notwithstanding Andrew Harrisons random outburst Wednesday against Toronto. David Fizdale may need to get Zach Randolph (when he returns) into games earlier to provide a second fulcrum for the gummy Grizz offense.In the meantime, Memphis will round up the usual trade and free-agency suspects, and perhaps apply for a hardship exception to sign an extra 16th player. Thats a stopgap that lasts only as long as at least four players -- in this case, James Ennis, Chandler Parsons, Brandan Wright?and Conley -- are out.Good thing they banked a bunch of close wins in typical grit-and-grind fashion, including a buzzer-beater over Denver after a botched call gave Memphis one last shot.2. The Brandon Jennings experience!Jennings is straight-up rambunctious this season. He enveloped Ramon Sessions over the weekend in a full-court press so vicious, you wondered if Sessions had done something to his family. He clowned Ricky Rubio in New Yorks exciting road win against Minnesota on Wednesday.He pushes the Knicks into turbo gear and captains wildly unpredictable bench units populated by a motley crew. He appears unfamiliar with the triangle offense, and delightfully uninterested in getting familiar.That said, he knows how to leverage the patterns of the triangle to his advantage.Cagey! The Knicks look like theyre setting up for a rare pure triangle possession, and that script would call for Jennings to hand Unicorn Boy the ball before jogging to the corner. Jennings knows that. He knows the defense knows that, that they expect it, and that he might catch them snoozing through the motions if he veers off script.The results have been uneven, of course. Jennings is shooting poorly from all over the floor, and his defense breaks apart once the offense settles into its half-court actions. But I am entertained.3. The blemish in the Russell Westbrook showI love the Westbrook show. Let me repeat that for the, umm, most loyal Oklahoma City fans: I love the Westbrook show. But even the greatest shows have Poochie-level flaws. Westbrook knows he carries Oklahoma Citys offense almost by himself, and hes not averse to some blatant stat-chasing. One ugly manifestation of all that: Westbrooks foul-baiting on jump shots has reached all-time shamelessness this season.If a defender is chasing behind him, Westbrook might arch his back and jump sideways into him -- even if doing so kills the odds of his shot going in (which is supposed to be the goal of basketball). Only Draymond Green outranks him among the NBAs leg-splayers. Sometimes, hell whip one of his arms sideways upon the release of a jumper, just in case he might smack an opposing player and trick the officials into thinking the victim hit him.This is the Landry/Lance-might-have-murdered-someone subplot of the Westbrook epic. You kind of just have to ignore it.PS: Is the Westbrook triple-double season average watch the NBAs version of a baseball player flirting with .400? Is there any other feasible statistical feat that would inspire fevered day-to-day monitoring at a decimal point level?4. George Hill, craftyIndy fans who couldnt wait to dump Hill might be surprised to learn he has been Utahs MVP so far -- a 20-point scorer approaching 50-40-90 shooting levels, and playing his usual hounding defense against opposing point guards. Utah has destroyed teams with Hill on the floor, and its scoring margin has remained strong when Hill has manned the ship without Gordon Hayward, per NBA.com.Hill has been even better than expected on the ball, and he remains a lethal off-ball option -- key for a team with so many wings who take the controls.That cut looks simple, and a lot guys standing on the weak side of a pick-and-roll slash to the rim when their defenders lurch in on help assignments. But there is an art to it. Go too early, and you might collide with a rolling big man. Go late, and the ball handler is too far toward the baseline to find you.Hill nails it, and hes a crafty finisher from odd angles in the paint.Side note: Utah has outscored opponents by 68 points in the measly 131 minutes Hill and Hayward have shared the floor this season -- equivalent to a ridiculous plus-25 margin over 48 minutes. If this team can ever get healthy, watch out.5. Anthony Davis at full throttleBy some measures, Davis has not become the defender some of us predicted. He doesnt always move with the certainty and balance you would expect from one of the most well-rounded big-man athletes ever to play. He looked like he was defending on skates at times during his first two years, and he never totally excised that slight bit of awkwardness from his defense. He did not play at peak effort enough last season.But when hes dialed in, holy hell is Davis an all-court wrecker. When hes the closest defender to enemy shooters, those guys are hitting about 7 percentage points lower than usual -- a monster number, per player tracking data. Davis has killed this measure over the last two seasons. He bothers shots almost no other defender can reach.And when his antennae are up, Davis can be the most destructive team defender in the league -- a blur with a 7-5 wingspan:Davis doesnt play with this focus all the time, but hes still just 23. (Anthony Davis is 23. My god. What a world.) He has been perhaps the leagues best player this season. The Pelicans would be dead without him. Now that Jrue Holidays back, theyre alive and kicking.6. Dragan Bender, 7-1 pseudo-wingThe Suns are so weird. They have mid-career veterans acquired to push a go-go .500-ish team toward 50 wins; kiddos plucked in the lottery when those teams went bust; graybeards meant to mentor those kids; and one center, Tyson Chandler, signed amid a fit of exuberance when the Suns thought they might also land LaMarcus Aldridge.Its very hard to develop teeny-boppers while letting the vets try to win games. Earl Watson is doing his best to figure it out. Hes starting Marquese Chriss and letting him bomb 3s, and finishing close games with Jared Dudley and/or P.J. Tucker. He has found Bender minutes.Problem: Hes lately using Bender as the leagues tallest small forward, spotting him up around the arc and having him scramble against little guys on defense. Tim Hardaway Jr. blew past him for as baseline dunk Wednesday, and what in the hell is Bender supposed to do about that?In the long run, its not a big deal. But something needs to give on this roster.7. Theatrical head-coaching goodbye wavesThis is my favorite bizarre NBA coaching tradition: the end-of-game cross-court wave between opposing head coaches. There is no time to come over and shake your hand, so Im waving! I am very busy! Look, I am stretching my arm as high as it can go above my head! Do you see me? You probably do, since you are only 30 feet away. Hey, youre waving back! I am now going to shift my hand into a thumbs-up, turn around, and leave. Bye!Its just a great, strange social interaction.8. John Walls left handThe Wizards stink again, so to make my D.C. buddies feel better, heres John Wall fooling two defenders with the same lefty in-and-out dribble in the span of about two seconds:John Wall is a superhuman athlete, but the (justified) obsession over his speed has long masked the sophisticated craft in his game. Hes a gifted passer who reads all five defenders at once, and he has a mean left hand. He likes to dunk lefty, and hes good at it.9. The same old Jahlil OkaforThank the basketball gods for Joel Embiid, and may they keep watch over Ben Simmons foot. Okafor stagnating was predictable, and not some indicator that hes doomed to disappoint; hes only 20, the team around him is still bad, and hes surely depressed scrounging backup minutes behind the next big thing.But its OK to worry a little that his warts look just as unsightly as they did during his haywire rookie season. Okafor is still a black hole in the post. Hes rebounding like a wing player, again. Hes constantly late on rotations, and worse yet, when he realizes hes late, he doesnt exactly respond with urgency.Okafor is never going to be a stopper, but he should be better than this. Hes a smart player with good hands, vision, and enough athleticism to get his ass moving on defense when he has to. He gives glimpses of a revving motor now and then.Again, playing amid sub-NBA backup units is hurting his development, and though Brett Brown will try -- dude will try anything -- its unlikely Okafor and Embiid can play much together. Id be shocked if either Nerlens Noel or Okafor were on the team at the start of the 2018-19 season, provided Embiid stays healthy.Bright side: Sauce Castillo is spicy!10. Omri Casspi, real no-look passerThe Kings blitzed opponents last season with Casspi, Rudy Gay?and DeMarcus Cousins all on the floor in small-ball lineups, so it was curious that Dave Joerger, their new coach, banished Casspi from the rotation for most of the first 15 games. (Lets be clear: Its not, like, super-interesting. Casspi is a lovable, full-throttle player, and that leads to some exaggeration as to how good he really is.)Hes back, and hes as fun to watch as ever, circling all over the floor like a madman and launching 30-foot Lillardian bombs. Seriously, the balls on this dude.The most important Casspi-ism: He is a real no-look passer, not some fake who locks eyes with his target, throws a pass, and only then jerks his head the other way so everyone thinks hes clever. Casspi flies blind, and reserves the no-look stuff for passes on which baffling a defender for even a split second can make the difference between an open and contested look. NFL Jerseys China .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. Wholesale NBA Jerseys China . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. http://www.wholesalecheapnflchinajerseys.com/ . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Cheap China Jerseys . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. CHICAGO -- Whether he had the Chicago Bulls on his shoulders or not, Jimmy Butler couldnt deny this. He sure gave them the lift they needed.Butler scored 37 points, and Chicago beat the short-handed Washington Wizards 106-95 on Saturday night.He took charge when the Bulls needed it, helping them pull away on a night when the Wizards were missing star guards John Wall and Bradley Beal.Butler finished two points shy of a season high he set against Atlanta on Wednesday. He hit all 14 free throws, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out a season-high nine assists.I dont consider that carrying, Butler said. I consider that making some shots and doing what they need me to do. Thats being aggressive.Butler showed it early on and helped the Bulls put away the Wizards in the second half, though he did have some help.Nikola Mirotic came on strong to finish with 17 points. Dwyane Wade scored 14. Taj Gibson chipped in with 13 points, and Robin Lopez added 10 points and 13 rebounds.The Bulls won back-to-back games for the first time since a 3-0 start, but forward Doug McDermott exited with a concussion early in the fourth quarter.Markieff Morris had a season-high 24 points after scoring 20 the previous night. Marcin Gortat added 18 points and 14 rebounds.Sheldon McClellan scored 15 with Beal missing his second straight game because of a sore right hamstring. Tomas Satoransky chipped in with 12 points and nine assists filling in at point guard for Wall, who scored 28 in Fridays loss to Cleveland, and the Wizards fell to 0-4 on the road.We got to play better, Gortat said. We got to compete. We need energy. We need effort. We got to make shots Theres a lot of things that we can do better. I mean right now, as far as I know I think we have one of the worst benches in the league right now.Washingtons reserves got outscored 32-18, though McClellan and Satoransky were in the lineup with Beal and Wall out.BUTLERS LIFTButler got off to a scorching start with 21 points in the first half and kept it going with 11 more in the third to help the Bulls turn a 56-553 deficit into an 81-70 lead.ddddddddddddWhen youve got a guy who is obviously an All-Star in this league but hes right in the prime of his career, my job and (Rajon) Rondos job and everybodys job is to get the best out of him, Wade said. Right now, were seeing it -- and he sees it, too -- how great he can be.Leading 70-68 with about three minutes left in the third, Butler hit two free throws, a layup and a step-back jumper with 1:19 left.In the closing minute, Wizards coach Scott Brooks jumped off the bench and got called for a technical when Jason Smith fouled a dunking Gibson. McDermott made the technical free throw. Gibson missed his foul shot, but hit a layup to make it an 11-point game.FOUL PLAYMcDermott was in the air going for a layup or dunk in the opening minute of the fourth when a rotating Morris hit his left arm and sent him crashing to the floor. McDermott banged his head in a hard fall that quieted the crowd.He walked off the court and headed back into the concussion protocol after missing a game 10 days earlier.Morris got called for a flagrant foul 1, and Mirotic hit two free throws.That was a regular old-school foul, Gibson said. But the way Doug took off, he left himself out in the open. ... I dont think nobody really tries to hurt anybody. Its one of those plays.TIP-INSWizards: Wall, coming off surgery on both knees, isnt playing in both halves of back-to-back sets. Coach Scott Brooks said that could change after the Wizards play Philadelphia and New York on Wednesday and Thursday. ... Beal is day to day.Bulls: Coach Fred Hoiberg said that Carter-Williams has not experienced any setbacks in his recovery from a bruised left knee and sprained left wrist. Carter-Williams was expected to miss four to six weeks after taking a hard fall at Brooklyn on Oct. 31.UP NEXTWizards: Visit Philadelphia on Wednesday.Bulls: The Bulls play six straight on the road, starting with Tuesdays game at Portland. Cheap NFL T-shirts Discount Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.