er Dave Roberts said. For us as a team to win t

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 29.08.2018 14:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It happens to so many of the great cornerbacks and Champ Bailey knows it will happen to him, too. Entering his 15th year in the NFL and still in search of the Super Bowl title that is the only piece missing from a Hall of Fame-bound career, Bailey knows the move from cornerback to safety is inevitable for defensive backs trying to prolong their careers. "Youve got to look at history," Bailey told The Associated Press after practice on Thursday. "Ronnie Lott. Rod Woodson. Aeneas Williams. They all did it and they all did it before I did. History says this is about that time. I understand that and Im not naive about it." Lott was 26 when he made the move -- a small detour on his way to the Hall of Fame. Williams was 33. Woodson was 34. Bailey turned 35 in the off-season. He knows the whispers and questions get louder with each passing year. Every time he gets beaten badly -- and that happened twice in the playoff loss to Baltimore last year -- its not simply a bad play, but rather a possible sign that his career is dwindling. Every time the Broncos sign or draft another cornerback -- and that happened a handful of times this off-season -- its not simply a transaction but rather a possible sign the Broncos are looking for his eventual replacement. All of which may be true, Bailey concedes. "But nobodys going to determine when I move if I dont feel like its the right time," he said. "Itll definitely be a decision and, whether Im here or somewhere else, it has to be the right fit." Through the first week of this, his 10th preseason with the Broncos, Bailey and Denver still look to be the right fit for each other, the way they have been since Bailey arrived in Denver in a trade with Washington for Clinton Portis in the 2004 off-season. Bailey is lining up in his usual spot on the corner, sparring with members of Denvers loaded receiving corps -- namely, Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker. In deference to the mileage on those thirty-something legs, the Broncos are limiting his time on the practice field, the same way they have the last few seasons. "I think thats going to help in the long run," Bailey said. But his time on the sideline isnt down time. Its time spent observing, studying, mentoring. Bailey didnt get to his spot as one of the most revered cornerbacks in the game without becoming a student of the game itself. "I would say the defence, really," cornerback Chris Harris said when asked what hes learned from Bailey. "Being able to ID what the offences are trying to do to try to attack me. Champ gives me an idea how guys want to run routes toward him." Harris is among those benefiting from playing in the same backfield as Bailey, but also among those who could be in line to take his spot one day. In the off-season, the Broncos signed free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and drafted speedy Kayvon Webster, who, upon learning he would get the chance to play with Bailey, said, "I love Champ. Favorite corner." After each move, the underlying question was whether the transaction signalled the official start of the beginning of the end for Roland "Champ" Bailey in the lockdown corner position. "He can still get the job done," Harris insists. "He wouldnt be here if he cant do it. Everybody has confidence in him to still be Champ Bailey." By "being Champ Bailey" over his first 14 seasons, he has compiled one of the most impressive stat lines in history for a cornerback, including: --12 career Pro Bowl selections, a record for a defensive back. --52 career interceptions, which places him third on the list of active players. --A total of three pass interference calls in 504 throws his way over the past seven years, according to Stats Inc. Teams are going after him more of late, and figure to do so again in 2013. Bailey was victimized by Baltimores Torrey Smith, who caught a pair of long touchdown passes against him in Denvers 38-35 playoff loss to the Ravens. It made for a long off-season for Bailey, who, like all great cornerbacks, has learned to have a short memory. "Im still Champ," he said. "I still can play this game at a high level and I believe in myself 100 per cent just as much as when I was 25. Theres no challenge put in front of me that I wont take on like a man and go out there and try to do the best that I can. I believe in myself and only time will tell if I need to move or anything like that." For now, the answer is No. But regardless of the position, he knows time is running out in the quest for a Super Bowl ring. "I look at it as my only shot," Bailey said of the 2013 season. "I dont know whats to be said about next year. Im looking at right now as my only shot. I hope everybody in that locker room feels the same way because nothings guaranteed in this league and we could all be in different places next year." Notes: QB Peyton Manning lost his footing while throwing during team drills and landed on his side with a clunk, bringing audible gasps from the crowd of around 3,000 at Dove Valley. He wasnt hurt. ... Thursday marked the first big fight of training camp, involving, among others, LB Danny Trevathan, TE Julius Thomas, T Chris Clark and several others. Players came off the sideline to break things up. No harm done. "When something happens that were not really used to at camp, Ill let you know," coach John Fox said. "Its kind of par for the course." ... Rookie DE Quanterus Smith missed part of practice with an injured knee. ... Rookie RB Montee Ball fumbled during team drills. ... Rookie S Ross Rasner made a nice interception of QB Zac Dysert. ... Catch of the day belonged to WR Greg Orton, from Brock Osweiler on a long post pattern. ... The Broncos claimed rookie CB Nigel Malone off waivers. Kyrie S1 Hybrid Blue . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Nike Basketball Shoes Clearance Sale . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. http://www.basketballshoescheaponline.com/men-s-nike-basketball-shoes-lebron-soldier-10-white-gum-white-metallic-silver-white-844379-101.html . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Lebron 11 White . LOUIS -- St. Lebron Witness 1 White .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. LOS ANGELES -- Bud Norris is soaking up his time with the surging Los Angeles Dodgers.Norris pitched shutout ball into the seventh inning, and the Dodgers held off the Tampa Bay Rays for a 3-2 win on Tuesday night.Ive had some down years in my career, but this is what it is all about, winning baseball games and being in a pennant race, Norris said.Norris (6-9) allowed two hits and walked two in 6 1/3 innings in his longest outing since he was acquired in a June 30 trade with Atlanta. Yasmani Grandal homered against Chris Archer in the seventh as Los Angeles (57-44) won for the fourth time in five games to remain 2 1/2 back of NL West-leading San Francisco.I knew it was gone, Grandal said. When you hit a ball on the sweet spot and the guy is throwing 96 or 97 miles per hour you pretty much know the ball is gone.Tampa Bay scored two runs in the eighth, but the rally fizzled from there. Kenley Jansen worked the ninth for his 30th save in 35 chances.Archer (5-14), a potential trade target for contenders ahead of Mondays non-waiver deadline, struck out eight while pitching seven solid innings. He was charged with three runs, one earned, and four hits.It was a good outing but we lost, Archer said. Its hard for me to look at personal performances when you lose. I could have done better.Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said it was Archers best start of the season.He attacked the strike zone and threw 71 percent strikes, he said. Hes definitely not a 5-14 pitcher. We made mistakes and they took advantage of it.Los Angeles used two errors to grab a 2-0 leaad in the third.ddddddddddddJoc Pederson reached with one out when first baseman Steve Pearce dropped second basemans Logan Forsythes throw. Pederson advanced on Norris sacrifice and went to third when Chase Utley reached on Archers high throw to first.Corey Seager and Justin Turner then hit consecutive RBI singles. Seager extended his hitting streak to nine games.Earlier in the year we werent winning games like this, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. For us as a team to win that one-run game is obviously a huge lift.Brad Miller hit an RBI double and Logan Forsythe scored on a wild pitch to trim Los Angeles lead to 3-2 in the eighth. Luis Avilan got Kevin Kiermaier to pop up with the tying run on third to end the rally.Los Angeles left fielder Howie Kendrick went 0 for 3, stopping his 16-game hitting streak. The Rays dropped to 5-16 in July.TRAINERS ROOMRays: RHP Chase Whitley (Tommy John surgery) is scheduled for a minor league rehab start on Saturday.Dodgers: OF Yasiel Puig did not start for the fifth consecutive game due to a hamstring strain. Andrew Toles replaced Puig in right field and went 0 for 3.MILESTONENorris struck out Kiermaier in the fourth inning for his 1,000th career strikeout.UP NEXTRays: LHP Matt Moore (6-7, 4.31 ERA) will start Wednesdays game.Dodgers: RHP Brandon McCarthy (2-0, 1.61 ERA) will pitch in the series finale Wednesday. In his last outing, McCarthy gave up two runs in 6 1/3 innings. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.