was clearly lacking.Kerber, on the other hand, look

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 28.08.2018 14:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

A look at whats happening all around the majors Monday:---FLYING HIGHTrevor Bauer and the Indians take a 2-0 lead in the AL Championship Series into Game 3 at Toronto. Bauer had been scheduled to start Game 2, but was pushed back after he said he cut the pinkie on his right hand while fixing a drone. Bauer, who needed stitches to close the wound, is a self-described nerd and big Star Wars fan who studied mechanical engineering in college and enjoys playing around with the flying objects. Marcus Stroman will start for the Blue Jays.TAKE A BREAKIts workout day at Dodger Stadium with Chicago and Los Angeles tied at one game apiece in the NL Championship Series. Rich Hill is set to pitch Game 3 for LA on Tuesday against Jake Arrieta. Hill has been bothered by blister trouble, and didnt make it out of the fifth inning in either of his two starts vs. Washington in the NLDS.THE 0 IN TORONTOThe Blue Jays totaled one run over Games 1 and 2, and of their 10 hits, just one came against the Indians bullpen. Jose Bautista is 0 for 6, Edwin Encarnacion 2 for 7, Troy Tulowitzki 1 for 8 and Russell Martin 1 for 7. Toronto was fourth in the majors in home runs during the regular season got off to a powerful start in the playoffs, but hasnt hit one in 27 innings, since the first inning of Game 3 in their AL Division Series against Texas.WARMING UPInjured Indians pitcher Danny Salazar threw what appeared to be a simulated game after Clevelands workout Sunday night in Toronto. The All-Star righty has been sidelined since Sept. 9 because of forearm trouble and isnt on the roster for the ALCS. Salazar threw to hitters at Rogers Centre a day before Game 3. He was 11-6 with a 3.87 ERA during the regular season.LINEUP SWITCHThe Diamondbacks plan to formally introduce Mike Hazen as their general manager. The 40-year-old served as Bostons GM this season. Hazen replaces Dave Stewart, who was fired along with manager Chip Hale a day after Arizona finished 69-93 -- its fifth straight year out of the playoffs. Hazen graduated from Princeton and played two seasons in the minor leagues. Nike Payaa QS Outlet Shop . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. Wholesale Nike Payaa From China . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. http://www.cheapnikepayaa.com/ . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Discount Nike Payaa Shoes . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Clearance Nike Payaa Sale . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Angelique Kerber, on the cusp of a very special season, further distanced herself from the Singapore field Tuesday.With Serena Williams (shoulder) already missing from the BNP Paribas WTA Finals, the 28-year-old German trashed another potential rival, No. 4-ranked Simona Halep, 6-4, 6-2.As a result, Kerber (2-0) is the only undefeated player in the Red Group and could clinch a spot in the semifinals without raising a racket in her third round-robin match. Karolina Pliskova and Svetlana Kuznetsova (both 1-0), who started best among players in the White Group, are in action Wednesday.For Kerber, this is from a player who in three previous appearances in the year-end final had never advanced out of group play and was a dodgy 2-7.Its just great to be playing my best tennis, Kerber said, emphatically, in her on-court interview.Kerber, who once struggled in the important moments, earned six break points against Haleps serve and won five of them.Heading into the match, there was a lot to like about Halep. She had an impressive 6-5 record against top-10 players. And she had fashioned a 10-7 head-to-head record against the rest of the Red Group, which also includes Madison Keys and Dominika Cibulkova. The headline: A head-to-head mark of 4-3 against Kerber.I think Halep is in the best position to challenge Kerber, said Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, the four-time Grand Slam singles champion, who was a guest on the world feed. But she has not won a Grand Slam yet.And that is the thing for the Romanian who turns 25 on Thursday. Since making the French Open final in 2014, she has failed to reach another Grand Slam championship match. Halep, for whatever reasons, has been somewhat less than the sum of her considerable parts.The year began with a loss to Chinese qualifier Zhang Shuai at the Australian Open -- in the first round. The last three Slams saw her falling to three former Grand Slamm champions: Samantha Stosur in the fourth round of the French, Kerber in the Wimbledon quarterfinals and Serena in the quarters of the US Open.ddddddddddddAfter beating Keys in her first match, the American explained the nuances of Haleps game.I think one of her strengths is making you feel like you have to go for more and taking the risk, Keys explained. I think just going in and knowing shes going to get the balls back but continuing to play my game is the big thing. I think sometimes she makes me uncomfortable and I back away from playing my game and start going for things in a way that I shouldnt.Halep can have this effect on opponents. Against Keys, she redirected balls that were coming across with enormous pace. Kerber, a brilliant defender, did not give her that advantage.Size -- and power -- seem to matter most in todays womens game. At 5-foot-6, Halep is among the smallest players ranked in the top 10; Cibulkova is listed at 5-3 and Agnieszka Radwanska at 5-8.Halep has terrific balance and variety, but her serve doesnt measure up to the bigger hitters, like Pliskova and Garbine Mugruza. Her approach, like Justine Henins and Martina Hingis was, is mastering the geometry of the court and taking the ball as early as possible.Under coach Darren Cahill, Halep has made strides. Cahill recently said she would be training in Adelaide, Australia, prior to the Australian Open, which should help her with conditioning and stamina. That could help create some much-needed confidence.Tuesday, that was something that was clearly lacking.Kerber, on the other hand, looks like a player who won the first two Grand Slam singles titles of her career earlier this year.Im feeling very, very good here, she said, seeming to mean it.Its her tournament to lose. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.