enia staged a late fightback to rescue a point, with

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 28.08.2018 14:38
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Over the last week, the struggling Washington Nationals have fired their hitting coach and demoted the teams former closer. Whatever changes the organization makes over the remainder of the 2013 season, removing manager Davey Johnson from his post will not be one of them. Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo says theres "no chance that he wont be the manager until the end of the season," Washington is in second place, but sports a frustrating 50-54 record and was 8.5 games behind Atlanta entering Saturdays game against the New York Mets. "Were in the midst of trying to assess that," Rizzo said. "I think we still have two months to figure it out and well assess it throughout the rest of the season and come up with a battle plan in the off-season to try and remedy that." Rizzo maintains its unlikely the Nationals will make a splashy move before the trading deadline. "If we could tweak and improve at certain spots on the bench, I think that could be one place we would attack," Rizzo said. "Weve got ourselves a pretty talented group of guys that were committed too. We like where were at." Of his working relationship with Johnson, Rizzo said, "I think its great. I love Davey and respect him. I think he feels the same way." Washington has won two of three games with both victories coming on walk-off home runs, but the Nationals have dropped seven of 10 overall. In between the pair of dramatic wins, the emotional run included an 11-0 loss to the Mets in Fridays opening game. After Drew Storen allowed three runs in 2-3 of an inning in the blowout, the Nationals sent their former closer and first-round pick to Triple-A Syracuse. The right-hander is 3-2 with two saves and a career-worst 5.95 ERA in 47 games. "We felt that he was struggling, struggling with his mechanics, with his tempo, with his delivery, with his arm slot," Rizzo said of Storen, adding the demoting decision came before the latest outing. "We felt we would do him better by letting go down to a less stressful situation. Work on his mechanics, get it fixed, get back up here and help us." Storen had 47 saves for the Nationals in 2011 and posted a 2.37 ERA during an injury-riddled 2012 campaign. Last season ended with Storen melting down in the decisive Game 5 of the National League Divisional Series, blowing a two-run lead and the game against St. Louis. Washington signed veteran closer Rafael Soriano during the off-season, moving Storen into a setup role. Asked if that demotion in the bullpen pecking order affected Storens mentality, Rizzo said, "I dont see the reason why it should have. Hes a mentally strong person with good stuff. We were getting an established closer with a great track record. We felt there was another guy that added depth and power to the end of the bullpen." Following the doubleheader, reliever Tyler Clippard was not pleased by his close friends demotion. "You know, you basically send a guy a message this off-season for having one bad game that hes not the guy for the job. Hes only human. Its going to get to anybody," Clippard said. "His opinion means a lot to me," Rizzo said of Clippard, with whom he spoke with before Saturdays game. "I disagree with his assessment of the situation, but you fight to the death to let them speak their mind and say what they want." The manager announced Bryce Harper would start on Saturday against the Mets. The All-Star outfielder sat out the second game of Fridays doubleheader after aggravating his left knee while diving for a ball in the opener. Discount Saucony Shoes Online . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. Cheap Saucony Shoes Free Shipping . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. http://www.cheapsaucony.com/ . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Saucony Shoes Deals . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. Saucony Shoes Outlet Store . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. TRNAVA, Slovakia -- Until Adam Lallana pounced in the fifth minute of stoppage time, Sam Allardyce was about to become the first England manager in 34 years to fail to win his opening game.Instead, Lallanas late goal against Slovakia showed Allardyce he just might gain the fortuitous breaks his predecessors havent enjoyed.And the former Bolton, Sunderland and West Ham manager wondered what role a newly-obtained lucky penny had to play in the winning start to World Cup qualifying.A father and his son in a wheelchair came to the hotel this morning and asked if it was OK to have a picture, Allardyce said after Sundays 1-0 win in Trnava. When we finished, he said: `Let me give you a lucky coin. Here it is. I had it with me in my pocket. We won, so itll stay with me.Im not really superstitious but Im going to keep it. Its got us a last-minute winner. I wonder how far it will take us.The first target is just making it to the finals in Russia in 2018. Then Allardyce will need his players to provide more of a threat than they did against Slovakia. It was a turgid England performance reminiscent of Roy Hodgsons final game in charge -- the loss to Iceland in the round of 16 at the European Championship in June.Even after gaining a man-advantage from the 57th minute, when Martin Skrtel received a second yellow card for another foul on Harry Kane, the visitors struggled to break through Slovakias resistance in their first game in Group F.Sloppy goalkeeping helped Lallana score his first England goal in his 27th international after his shot went through Matus Kozaciks legs.Its been a long time coming, Lallana said. I put pressure on myself to score goals and I knew it was only a matter of time.It was pretty nerve-wracking at the end because the 10-man scenario means you must win, a giddy Allardyce said in his post-match television interview, struggling to begin his answer while still laughing at his good fortune.ddddddddddddIt was difficult to break them down ... but we got what we deserved.It took until the 65th minute for England to hit the target for the first time. Wayne Rooney hit a low shot straight at Kozacik as the captain became Englands most capped outfield player, surpassing the record he held with David Beckham, by making a 116th appearance.We didnt panic, I think thats the main thing, the 30-year-old Rooney said. We stuck to our plan, we kept our shape and tried to penetrate them in the right areas but also without giving them too many chances.---MALTA 1, SCOTLAND 5Robert Snodgrass gave Scotland the early edge over neighbor England in Group F with a hat trick on the Mediterranean island as the team chases its first tournament appearance since the 1998 World Cup. Two Malta players -- Jonathan Caruana and Luke Gambin -- were also sent off in the second half for fouling Snodgrass.Scotland only got going in the second half, after Alfred Effiongs header had canceled out Snodgrass opener. Surprise starter Chris Martin restored Scotlands lead in the 53rd minute and Snodgrass was on target again on the hour from the penalty spot after being clipped by Caruana. Snodgrass completed his treble after substitute Steven Fletcher netted, while Gambin saw red in stoppage time.---LITHUANIA 2, SLOVENIA 2Slovenia staged a late fightback to rescue a point, with Bostjan Cesar heading in the equalizer in the third minute of stoppage time. Rene Krhin started the comeback in the final 15 minutes after Fedor Cernych and Vykintas Slivka gave Lithuania a 2-0 half-time lead. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.