n he has been in the last few years an

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.08.2018 09:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati rebounded from a tough loss at No. 18 Butler with an impressive victory over Texas Southern.Now, Mick Cronins No. 25 Bearcats look to build momentum heading into American Athletic Conference play, beginning with Saturdays game against Fairleigh Dickinson at Fifth Third Arena (2:30 p.m. ET).We try as a team to continue to grow every day and get better to do what we want to do in March, senior guard Kevin Johnson said. Its a long season. Were going to go through our bumps and bruises but as long as we continue to improve every day and get better on offense and communicate on defense well have a great March.Cincinnati (8-2) provided glimpses into its potential this season with a win at then-No. 19 Iowa State and a narrow loss to then-No. 21 Rhode Island.On Saturday against a Texas Southern team with quality mid-major talent, the Bearcats erupted for 59 second-half points led by freshman Jarron Cumberland who scored a career-high 18 points and went 4 of 4 from 3-point range.Jarron has had some really good practices, Cronin said. Ive been on him to be aggressive. I was happier with his defense and his rebounding. I have been on him about not living behind the line. I have really been on all of our perimeter guys about that. I knew it was going to show eventually that he could play.Cumberland gives the Bearcats another option off the bench and that depth should serve them well at tournament time. Cincinnati was shooting 74.2 percent late in the second half Tuesday, a good sign for the Bearcats offense which has been stagnant at times.Cincinnati is looking for another balanced performance from Gary Clark, who scored 13 points and tied a career-high with six assists Tuesday.Fairleigh Dickinson (2-8) hung in there at Rutgers on Wednesday night before the Scarlet Knights pulled away in the second half for an 82-69 victory.Darian Anderson came off the bench to score 22 points and Mike Holloway added 14, but Fairleigh Dickinson was outrebounded 43-31 -- 16-8 on the offensive end, something that doesnt bode well against an aggressive rebounding team such as Cincinnati.Its a learning process, Knights coach Greg Herenda said. We just have to try to put two halves together on the road. Its difficult (schedule). I love it. Down the road, its going to help our basketball team.Cincinnati won 14 consecutive games at Fifth Third Arena dating to a 77-70 loss to Temple on Dec. 29, 2015.The Knights already have faced Seton Hall, Ohio State, and Rutgers -- all on the road. Herenda said his players wont be stuck staring at the banners on the wall of Fifth Third Arena.I dont think well be in shock, Herenda said. Playing in Cincinnati is another species. Theyve won national championships. Oscar Robertson played there. Its going to be hard, but itll be a lot of fun. cheap jerseys .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. cheap jerseys usa . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. http://www.cheapjerseysnflchinasupply.net/ . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. cheap nfl jerseys . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. wholesale jerseys .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. WASHINGTON -- Watching Stephen Strasburg on the mound in 90-degree heat, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker recalled how he heard the right-hander would wilt in these situations.Nothing about Strasburgs outing against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday night, or any other opponent this season, has resembled wilting. Strasburg is the first National League starting pitcher to begin a season 13-0 in more than 100 years, a recapturing of the dominance he showed early in his career before Tommy John surgery.Strasburg has won 16 consecutive decisions dating back to September and during that stretch has struck out 182 batters and walked 37. This season his 2.51 ERA is sixth in the majors, and his command of his pitches is reflected in the numbers.In my opinion this has been the best year Ive seen him pitch, catcher Wilson Ramos said through an interpreter. Hes been very effective attacking the zone, keeping the ball down. Hes been hitting his spots very well with all his pitches. Usually a starter that attacks the zone like that and doesnt miss his spots very much will usually has success like hes been having.Mixing his overpowering fastball with a cutter, curveball and change-up, Strasburg has thrown an impressive 66.4 percent of his pitches for strikes this season, and yet batters are hitting .195 against him with only 11 home runs in 17 starts.Perhaps the most impressive number is the zero in the loss column.He hasnt lost, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. Thats pretty hard to do up here. Its in late July and he hasnt lost a game. Whatever hes doing, hes probably going to continue it.Strasburgs 13 victories to open a season are tied with teammate Max Scherzer and Ron Guidry as the sixth-longest streak in major league history and mark the longest in the NL for a starter since Rube Marquard of the New York Giants went 18-0 in 1912.Asked if this felt like a 13-0 season, the 27-year-old didnt know how to answer.The results, I cant control, said Strasburg, who signed a $175 million, seven-year contract extension in May. Im trying to go out there and execute pitches and roll with the highs and lows. Its always going to be that way. You ask any veteran pitccher in the league, there are years where they feel like they really dominated all year and just didnt have the numbers to show for it and there are other years where they feel like they realty didnt pitch to the level they expected and they had all the numbers to show for it.ddddddddddddhere are tangible explanations for Strasburgs numbers, and Baker said it starts off the field. The veteran baseball man said the Nationals staff urged Strasburg to increase his work between starts.After an injury-filled 2015 that included a strained left trapezius muscle, a strained oblique and other tweaks that had little to do with pitching, Strasburg changed his workout approach. He may not work out more, but he does it differently.As Ive gotten older its not trying to go out there and lift the house in the weight room, Strasburg said. I think Ive just been trying to get back to square one, ready for the next start. Throwing that many pitches, doing that over and over again, it kind of takes a beating on your body, so were just trying to work with the training staff and identify what areas I need to work on to get feeling good for the next one.Strasburg missed two weeks this season with an upper-back strain, but that didnt slow him down. Since returning from the disabled list July 3, he has allowed just two earned runs on five hits and struck out 20 in 21 2/3 innings.Some of that dominance is mental, according to Ramos, who said Strasburg had the tendency in previous years to get down when things didnt go his way or the defense let him down. Ramos has talked to Strasburg extensively about letting his pitches work and the defense take care of things.We have a great team playing behind him and hes finally taken to that and hes pitched extremely well and the teams helped him out a lot, Ramos said. So far hes having a great year and his attitude is, I think, the biggest difference with the way hes going out there and just being aggressive -- a lot more aggressive than he has been in the last few years and I think thats made a big difference. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.