ance to win £250,000 here. Also See: M

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.08.2018 09:32
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Somebody, bring a camera.The parade of riders filing out of the Del Mar jockeys room at a quarter past three on Sunday afternoon will be a sight to see. No one will need a program to match names and faces.This is no Breeders Cup confluence, where all hands are required on deck, or a Kentucky Derby, where everyone shows up just in case. Its a cool day in early December at a track hardly known for hot toddies and holiday décor, offering a purse that will change no ones life. And just look who is showing up for the $300,000 Matriarch, at one mile on grass.Lets start with the Hall of Famers. Kent Desormeaux (class of 2004) won the Matriarch last year aboard the 65-1 Stormy Lucy. This year, he rides Tiz a Kiss, another longshot. John Velazquez (inducted in 2012) will be aboard Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup winner Time and Motion. Mike Smith (2003) will roll with Prize Exhibit, while Edgar Prado (2008) landed the outside post with the favored Miss Temple City.The slam-dunk future Hall of Famers include Javier Castellano on Zindaya for Chad Brown and Victor Espinoza taking over for Desormeaux on the stretch-running Decked Out. At the rate theyre going, the Hall also will need to make room someday for Florent Geroux and Irad Ortiz Jr., who will be riding the two other Brown fillies, Roca Rojo and Mexican Gold.Both Tyler Baze (Nancy From Nairobi) and Drayden Van Dyke (Stays in Vegas) own Eclipse Awards as champion apprentices. Martin Garcia (Sobradora Inc) has won four Breeders Cup events, a Preakness, and the Kentucky Oaks. That leaves Tiago Pereira, who rides the Chilean stakes winner Kitcat. Only 16 jockeys have won the Dubai World Cup, and Pereira is one of them.With so much talent in the irons, it could be assumed that none of the dozen running has an advantage at the helm. Still, the one-mile grass race run inside a one-mile dirt track can be a nasty, unpredictable beast, especially with a large field.The rapid scramble to the first turn is always entertaining, if by entertaining you mean train wrecks and tornadoes. After that comes the first of two 180-degree switchbacks, a straightaway backstretch that is over way too soon, followed by the other switchback turn and the final straight to the wire.Mike Smith has never won the Matriarch. The news comes as a surprise because it seems as if Smith has won just about every major race this side of the Little Brown Jug. He would like to take care of that detail on Sunday aboard the British filly Prize Exhibit for D P Racing and trainer Jim Cassidy.Prize Exhibit has been a stalwart player on the Southern California circuit ever since her stateside debut in the 2014 Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita. That day, she closed from far back in the field of 13 to be beaten about five lengths by Lady Eli.Ever since, Prize Exhibit keeps telling Cassidy, Put me in, coach. And he does, for 10 starts in 2015 and 10 this year going into the Matriarch. Along the way, she has won three graded stakes, including the San Clemente over the Matriarchs course and distance, and hit the board in enough rich spots to have earned well over half a million dollars.Smith rode Prize Exhibit to an allowance win in her first race for Cassidy and more recently was reunited with the filly to be fifth behind Zindaya in the Goldikova.She cant just go out there and run a real good race, Smith said. Shell have to come up with one of those extra-good races to have a chance to win it. And shes done it a time or two before.Smith will tell you that the greatest miler he ever rode was Lure, and no one will argue. Together, they won Breeders Cup Miles at Gulfstream Park in 1992 from post 1 and at Santa Anita in 1993 from post 12. Both races were on seven-furlong grass courses.Sometimes you think youve got a good post and think it should be easy, but then your trip ends up being worse because of the tight track, Smith said. Then sometimes youll have such a good trip youll go, Wow, how did that happen?You try to set yourself up to be in a position to catch a few breaks, Smith added. And you have to know every tiny detail about the riders and the horses youre in against. Some guys like to get in the clear earlier and tip out, and you can afford to stay behind them a little longer. Others who stay tucked in, you figure youll have to find somehow to work your way out. And then something might happen in front of the horses you follow and it works out for you just because youre in the second flight instead of the first flight.Helter-skelter miles like the Matriarch always seem to be over before they start, with a cluster of runners at the finish who shoulda-coulda-woulda won had the breaks gone another way.I guarantee there will be three or four jocks come back to the room claiming they should have won, and theyve all got a decent excuse, Smith said. It happens to everybody.And it will happen again on Sunday. Cheap Jerseys From China . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Cheap NFL Jerseys . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. http://www.wholesalejerseyschinaonline.com/ . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. NFL Jerseys From China .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line.Sky Sports Paul Merson is back to look ahead to another round of Premier League fixtures, as Tottenham Hotspur host Arsenal in the north London derby. Spurs head into the game just three points ahead of their city rivals, but with Premier League leaders Leicester City taking on Watford on Saturday Night Football, neither side can afford to slip up at White Hart Lane.Meanwhile, on Super Sunday Liverpool travel to struggling Crystal Palace, who have not won in the league since December, before West Bromwich Albion host Manchester United later that day. With a massive £250,000 up for grabs this weekend, Jeff Stelling gives you his predictions for Saturdays Super 6 games Merse correctly predicted four of the 10 Premier League outcomes in midweek, so read on for his weekend shouts... Mersons last Premier League predicitions Merses prediction Result Aston Villa 0-3 Everton 1-3 Bournemouth 1-1 Southampton 2-0 Leicester 2-1 West Brom 2-2 Norwich 0-2 Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland 2-1 Palace 2-2 Arsenal 2-0 Swansea 1-2 Stoke 3-1 Newcastle 1-0 West Ham 1-1 Tottenham 1-0 Liverpool 1-1 Man City 3-0 Man Utd 1-0 Watford 1-0 Watford v Leicester City - 5.30pm, Saturday Night Football Leicester were lucky against Norwich - there is no doubt about it - scoring in the last minute, but they did not play well. I thought they really played well in midweek though when they drew 2-2 with West Brom, and I am going to go for a draw here.I thought Watford also played well in midweek at United and there is not a million miles between these two teams, believe me! It is weird, but one is very consistent and has been on a roll, and the other has been in and out really, but punched above their weight.So fair play to both teams and I am going for 1-1…PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet Odds 5/1) Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal - 12.45pm, Saturday The way Arsenal are playing, I just cannot see them getting anything out of the game. No Cech, no Koscielny and if Tottenham get going, start well and score first, I can see it getting out of hand. Biggest north London derby in 25 years Merse previews Tottenham v Arsenal The only problem is they looked tired the other day at West Ham and against Swansea, but I am going to go for a very hopeful 1-1, as that is what my heart is saying, but my head is telling me Tottenham are going to win this.Arsenal are all over the shop at the moment, they have just lost two in a row and are without their best defender and goalie so I do worry for them. This is not the greatest Arsenal team and they do not have a lot of fight in them.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet Odds 5/1)Chelsea v Stoke City - 3pm, Saturday I am going to go for a Stoke win here, because Chelsea have a big week coming up - they have got PSG in the Champions League, then Everton in the FA Cup. So, given they surely cant get into the top four, they have got to rest players for the two bigger games, in my opinion.Stoke could take advantage of that and I am going to go for a cheeky 2-1 Stoke win here, but ONLY because Chelsea have two big games coming up.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet Odds 20/1) Play Super 6 Think you know better than Merse? Enter your predictions here.dddddddddddd Everton v West Ham United - 3pm, Saturday West Ham have now put themselves in with a shout of the top four. Two weeks ago you would have been thinking that West Ham and Everton have both got the FA Cup to play for, which would have made this game at Goodison Park a make sure no one gets injured job.But now West Ham have got a chance of getting in the top four, and so this has become a massive game for them. Everton have got Chelsea in the cup next weekend, but I think they are are a good team and at home they can beat anybody, even a strong side going well like West Ham. The Fantasy Football Club Podcast Listen to this weeks podcast here! It does depend on what sort of team turns up, but Everton have been pretty consistent recently and this will be a hard game for West Ham. I do not think there are many harder games than this away from home and West Ham have just had to work very hard for the Tottenham result and they have a big game next weekend at Old Trafford, so I am going to go for a 2-1 Everton win.PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (Sky Bet Odds 7/1)Manchester City v Aston Villa - 3pm, Saturday Man City have got to bounce back as they were an absolute joke against Liverpool - they are playing for the top four and it is unbelievable how they capitulated. They should not be getting beaten 3-0 with the amount of talent they have got on the pitch.So I expect them to bounce back and if they could have played anyone on Saturday, then it would have been Villa. City will roll them over.If I am being honest, with their squad City should walk the league. Put it this way - they should not be this many points behind Leicester.PAUL PREDICTS: 4-0 (Sky Bet Odds 9/1)Newcastle United v Bournemouth - 3pm, Saturday This is Newcastles cup final. They have seen Swansea get an unbelievable result at the Emirates, which has reduced the relegation battle into a four-horse race. So if Newcastle lose this…But as it is their cup final, I am going to go for Newcastle to win 2-1 - they simply have to win this game. And if they lose it, I think they are relegated. If they cannot get themselves up for this game, they may as well pack it in.PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (Sky Bet Odds 17/2)Southampton v Sunderland - 3pm, Saturday I am going for Southampton, even though I thought Sunderland were unlucky last weekend when they lost at West Ham. The Saints are at home and thats why I think they will just sneak this one.PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (Sky Bet Odds 7/1)Swansea City v Norwich City - 3pm, Saturday Gylfi Sigurdsson (L) of Swansea City and Robbie Brady of Norwich City compete for the ball If you had asked me three days ago, I would have said that this is Swanseas cup final, but now if they win this game that is it, I think they are safe - all within a matter of a week. No one expected them to beat Arsenal - I dont think they did either given the team they sent out! But fair play to them.I am going to go for 1-1 here. I think Norwich will have a go and one day they will put away all these chances they create.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet Odds 5/1)Crystal Palace v Liverpool - 1.30pm, Super Sunday Palace are on that glass slope with slippers on at the moment and they cannot stop sliding, while Liverpool had a great result in midweek and now the race for the top four is wide open.Liverpool will now be thinking if we can put five wins together, we can finish in the top four, so it becomes a big game. But they also have that Europa League game in midweek against Man Utd, so it depends how you balance things out. This is a really awkward time for these managers - what do you go for? Do you chase the teams above you in the league or do you go right, if we can beat Man Utd...?But I am going to go 2-1 for Liverpool, as after the win against Man City I think they will be flying.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet Odds 8/1)West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United - 4pm, Super Sunday Man Utd have turned the corner and sometimes you just need a little bit of luck. I thought they were lucky against Watford, who had a couple of chances and probably two months ago they would have scored and come away with a 2-0 win and everybody would have been booing. But they score in the last five minutes and everybody goes home happy, they are on a roll. Fantasy Six-a-Side West Brom v Man Utd is this weeks Fantasy Six-a-Side game. Play here to win £10k. Man City have just opened up the possibility of Champions League qualification for everybody, so instead of Liverpool and Man Utd looking forward to the Europa League on Thursday, these are now bigger football matches. And if you had said that three weeks ago, I would have said: No chance.But I am going to for Man Utd 2-1 as I think they are rolling now.PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet Odds 8/1) Think you know better than Merse? Take him on at Super 6 for the chance to win £250,000 here. Also See: Merse: Biggest derby in 25 years Premier League questions Sanchez: Arsenal lack belief Martin Tylers stats Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.