et a Sky Sports Pass No subscription? No pr

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 03.08.2018 15:56
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

It would seem that behind the ubiquitous smile and charming personality of James Reimer is a competitive drive that tends to get overlooked. And so while Reimer was "a little surprised" to learn of the trade which sent Jonathan Bernier to Toronto, the 25-year-old had no intention of backing down and surrendering the crease. "I dont plan on giving up the net," Reimer told TSN.ca exclusively from his offseason home in B.C. "I dont plan on giving up that starters spot right now, not to be a jerk about it obviously." Coming off his first full season as the Leafs starter, an impressive year in which he placed seventh overall in save percentage, Reimer was not expecting any kind of trade. Yes, hed heard the rumours, but was there definite surprise when word of the deal, which sent Matt Frattin and Ben Scrivens to the Kings along with a second round pick, came his way? There was some natural frustration followed by a period of reflection, an evaluation of why the team might have made such a move and where he might improve upon moving forward. "Obviously you had emotions when you first heard it," he explained of his initial reaction to the deal which also saw the Leafs absorb $500,000 in salary, "but at the same time when you take a step back and after a while you realize that its going to push you, its going to make you a better person and a better goalie and if that happens well then its great for me, its going to be great for Bernier and its going to be, most importantly, great for the Leafs." Despite setting a Leafs record for the highest individual save percentage in a season in 2013 (.924), doubts continue to linger as to Reimers ability to be the guy in the Toronto crease over the long haul. At the trade deadline in April, Leafs general manager Dave Nonis was frank in his chase for Flames netminder Miikka Kiprusoff, even offering the now-retired Finn additional years to remain with the club. Some of the questions would to seem to lie in the limited body of work, especially as it pertains to an 82-game campaign. Reimer starred as a rookie for 37 games two years back, spent his sophomore damaged from injury before standing tall again this past season. "Im sure they have a few reasons why they traded for Bernier," he said, concurring with the absence of a full season to his name. "Im sure if you play consistently over a full season and hopefully into playoffs then I think that would help erase maybe some of the doubts people have." As for answering the lingering questions, Reimer looked to keep a steady approach. "Just keep going, keep plugging away," he declared of his mindset. "You can always gain experience and you can always get better and in some way that really hasnt changed. Bringing in Bernier, obviously were both after the same thing here [and thats] trying to obtain that starting job I guess or in my instance trying to obviously keep it. You keep going. I think if you have a couple seasons like the first one I had and this third one, my third season, I think you start to answer those questions. "Im sure people have questions and the doubters and naysayers have things that maybe they think I need to work on, but I think you just keep playing and try and play well for a long period of time and I think then eventually you get that notoriety or whatever it is that you want to call it." Nonis made clear in the hours after the trade that "Nothing is being guaranteed to anybody", inferring that Reimer, despite thriving as the starter last season, would be in immediate competition for the position with Bernier, who has just 62 games of NHL experience, having backed up Jonathan Quick the past three seasons. The Leafs GM did offer confidence to Reimer during a conversation between the two earlier this week, hinting that if that werent the case, then in all likelihood Reimer would be playing elsewhere. "He said that they had faith in me and things could have gone differently if they didnt," Reimer recalled of his chat with Nonis. "They said they liked what Ive done so far, but they just thought that this might help me just to get to that next level." Nonis and the Leafs brass insist that competition from Bernier will only spur something greater from Reimer. They believe both goaltenders have the ability to start, gambling that the 24-year-old Bernier will thrive with further opportunity in Toronto. Selected 88 picks after the Montreal native in the 2006 draft, Reimer messaged Bernier on the day of the trade, offering him a welcome to the team, "looking forward to the battle and just told him that if you need anything in town or getting settled in then you can give me a call". The two had met briefly at the 2011 World Championship in Slovakia, Bernier arriving late to the proceedings, however, making for a limited introduction. Some in Reimers situation might have been sour toward the new teammate, one so plainly after his job, but not Reimer. "You can see how guys would be like that," he said. "But when it boils down it were teammates and teammates first. Not to get all cliché and everything. You want to be the best teammates and well both want the same thing as far as winning and giving the boys a chance. And so sure we both want the most amount of games that we can get because nobody likes to sit on the bench obviously – you want to be the one helping your team – but when it all boils down were teammates and were putting on the same jersey so obviously thats the most important thing." While his mental toughness might be questioned, Reimer has hurdled over adversity in the past. There was his return to form and the starting job following concussion/neck-related issues of his second season, not to mention insistent Roberto Luongo speculation. And then there was his follow-up to the Kiprusoff brouhaha, Reimer posting a .930 save percentage in April after the deadline had passed. "It definitely motivates you," he conceded of the trade. "It maybe gives you an extra shot of adrenaline. You realize coming in that youve got to be at your best and thats exciting hockey. Not to always relate it to playoffs, but thats exciting hockey because thats when it means the most. Kind of the same thing here. Every day youre going to have to be at your best. Thats what I try and pride myself in doing is motivating myself and being the best that I can, but this is definitely there to push you. "At the same time Im sure Berniers coming in wanting nothing but that starting job. And so thats the competition. Its going to push us." Authentic Jalyn Holmes Jersey .ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at Boston Strong - a citys recovery from tragedy. Authentic Ade Aruna Jersey . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-brian-oneill-jersey . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. Cheap Vikings Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap Vikings Jerseys Authentic . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft.As Gary Rowett prepares to celebrate a year in charge of Birmingham City, Sky Sports get the inside track from Paul Caddis on what has been a remarkable turnaround at St Andrews… Birmingham City are living proof that a year in football is a long time.Rewind 12 months and the club looked in disarray. Having endured a dismal start to the season, the Blues were once again major contenders for the drop just months after saving themselves from the indignity of relegation to League One on the final day of the previous campaign. Lee Clark, the man that had inspired that final-day reprieve, paid the price for Birminghams dreadful start, dismissed with the club languishing in 21st spot and having won only two of their opening 12 matches. His immediate departure did not bring any respite for Birmingham from their poor form. A 1-0 away loss to Blackburn Rovers was followed by a humiliating 8-0 home defeat to Bournemouth, the clubs worst loss at St Andrews in their 139-year history. The situation looked desperate.Step forward Gary Rowett. He came on to the training field the first day and told us he wanted us to be organised and fit, recalls Birmingham defender Paul Caddis. The first day we did some running, which was pretty tough, but we knew from that day on that this manager wanted us to be fit. We started doing a lot more gym work as well. He wanted us stronger as well as fitter.He wanted us to play high tempo. He drilled that into us day by day, to be organised and work as a unit and the work we did then we still do to this day. Each player that goes on that pitch knows what the manager expects of him. Paul Caddis scored the goal that secured Birminghams survival on the final day of the 2013-14 season Rowett would surely have been forgiven if he had decided against taking up the post at his former club. The 41-year-old, who enjoyed two seasons at Birmingham between 1998 and 2000, was going well as manager of League Two Burton Albion and laid the groundwork for the clubs title-winning campaign, which was completed by his successor Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.But, the lure of reviving his old sides fortunes proved too much for Rowett. His Burton backroom staff of Kevin Summerfield, Kevin Poole and Mark Sale - all former Birmingham players - followed him in making the move.Appointed just days before a daunting trip to high-flying local rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers, who then sat third in the Championship - level on points with leaders Derby County - Rowetts time to inspire an immediate change in fortunes was limited. But, against the odds, the side which had shipped eight goals the previous week produced a display of pure resilience, thwarting Wolves to claim a goalless draw at Molineux. The defeat to Bournemouth is by far the worst moment of my football career. It was not good enough by any means and it was clear to see we needed a manager at the side of the pitch. The boys, the fans and the club were all down in the dumps and it could not get much worse than that, Caddis said. When the manager did come in, he mentioned on his first day that he would never talk about the Bournemouth game. He said its all about from when he came in and what he expects from us, not what has happened in the past. There was a clean slate and that was very refreshing. Going from losing 8-0 at home to Bournemouth to getting a point at Wolves was very big for us at that point in time.The result did not lift Birmingham out of the relegation zone, but it did renew belief among the playing squad. A 2-1 victory over league leaders Watford followed, with Rowett going on to lead his new side to seven wins from his opening 11 matches as manager, losing just twice. That run even included a 6-1 thumping of Reading, Caddis notching the opening goal of that match. A remarkable turnaround given the situation Rowett had encountered on his arrival. We got the sense from the supporters at his first home game against Watford that he was one of their own. Instantly there was a buzz about the fans and we sensed that off them, Caddis added. Caddis has played his part in the revival under Rowett That new sense of optimism swept around the club and a late surge towards the play-off positions was even being whispered by some supporters. It would have been a truly unthinkable prospect a matter of months previous, but the Rowett effect was showing no signs of slowing down. In the end, the task proved a little too much, though Rowett and his Birmingham sidee have already shown this season that they will be serious contenders for promotion to the Premier League.dddddddddddd He has brought so much happiness back to the football club. It is unbelievable what he has done, said Caddis. Seeing different people smiling every day at training, rather than being on edge and scared to talk about the weekend result if it was negative. Win, lose or draw, now theres a feel good factor back about the place.Victory at Bolton Wanderers, earlier this month, lifted Birmingham to the heady heights of second place and provided a reminder to the Championships promotion favourites of their intentions. A 2-0 defeat at Hull City in Rowetts 50th game in charge last weekend provided a slight dampener, but not enough to halt the growing belief in the squads ranks. Birmingham winger Demarai Gray has impressed recently Expectations rise in football when you are doing well, thats normal, said Caddis. At the same time, were not silly, we know this Championship is a very, very tough league and that weve had a good start. We know it can all change within three or four games, a few bad results and you can end up 12th or 13th in the table. The manager has always said do as well as you can and if you can do that, wherever we end up I am happy with that.Every team targets the play-offs though, but why just target for the play-offs, why not target coming in the top two or to win the league and see what happens from there? We saw it with Burnley a couple of seasons ago, nobody expected them to go up, but they were organised and had some good individual players. Rowett reflects on year in charge Given the financial constraints at the club, Rowett has also had to prove himself savvy in the transfer market and continue his fine work with the existing squad.Birmingham are currently owned by Birmingham International Holdings (BIH), an investment holding company originally set up by Carson Yeung. The Hong Kong businessman, who purchased the club from David Gold and David Sullivan in October 2009, was convicted of money laundering and sentenced to six years in prison in March 2014. Despite having previously lost an appeal in May to quash his conviction, Yeung was released from prison on bail in August and granted the right to challenge his conviction once again.Receivers, Ernst and Young, have been running BIH since February, leaving few funds available for Rowett, as they seek new owners for the club while Yeung battles to clear his name. Birmingham currently sit in sixth place, five points behind leaders Brighton Hove and Albion I imagine the budget he has got to work with is a lot less than some of the other clubs in the Championship, Caddis said. That has made what he has done an even better achievement. I have played in League One and League Two and there are a lot of players in the team that have worked their way up the leagues.But the best thing about us is that theres no one player that stands out more than another member of the squad. Obviously weve got a lot of good young talent, like Demarai Gray who is doing really well, but were a very tight knit group and weve all been down the leagues and worked our way up. Sometimes I think that can be better. It will be a sense of déjà vu for Rowett on Saturday as he celebrates a year in charge with a home match against his first opponents Wolves, live on Sky Sports 1HD from 12.00pm.Caddis added: Derbies are special games, they have always got that little bit of edge. When you play at home in derby games, the home section is that little bit busier and they are great games to be involved in, but even better when you win them.Its a fantastic feeling to hear the fans after the match. But, at this stage, its no more than three points so it doesnt matter if we are playing Wolves at home or Rotherham at home, its three points that we are looking to get. Get a Sky Sports Pass No subscription? No problem. Watch the Football League without a contract from £6.99 on NOW TV. Also See: Rowett seeks Blues consistency FL72 Podcast Ollies predictions Live on Sky Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.