ok Brown under his wing early, taking him

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.07.2018 16:51
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Another big victory was slipping away from North Carolina State. Because the Wolfpack finally learned how to finish a game, their season isnt finished just yet.Jaylen Samuels ran for one touchdown and threw for another on a trick play, and N.C. State held on to upset rival North Carolina 28-21 on Friday, earning bowl eligibility while also locking up a division title for Virginia Tech.Its been a frustrating season for the Wolfpack (6-6, 3-5 Atlantic Coast Conference), who seemingly had victories in hand against a pair of nationally ranked division rivals -- Clemson and Florida State -- only to let them get away.It definitely makes you feel the worth of all your work, coach Dave Doeren said. Were playing every game but one -- Louisville -- for four quarters, toe to toe, with every team. We havent won enough of them. I agree. But we are so much more competitive than weve ever been.In what at times seemed like a replay of N.C. States 35-7 rout here two years ago, Matt Dayes rushed for 104 yards and two touchdowns. The second of those put the Wolfpack up 21-0 early in the second quarter.Samuels threw a 59-yard touchdown pass to Stephen Louis on a trick play on the opening drive, and ran 4 yards for the TD that made it 28-7.Mitch Trubisky threw three touchdown passes for the Tar Heels (8-4, 5-3), including a 48-yarder to Bug Howard that made it a seven-point game with 7:52 left. But on their next possession, they were stopped on downs near midfield with 3:10 to go and N.C. State ran out the clock -- with backup quarterback Jalen McClendon sealing it with a 14-yard run on third-and-5 with about 2 minutes left.Its about these players and these coaches hanging together amid a lot of heartbreaking days and negativity and doubt, Doeren said. Guys just kept fighting with each other and for each other and they knew where our program is headed. ... Today was about mastering ourselves and finding a way to win and doing it against our rival.The Tar Heels, 10 1/2-point favorites, needed a win and a Virginia Tech loss to Virginia to earn a second straight ACC championship game berth. This loss locks the Hokies into next weeks matchup with No. 4 Clemson in Orlando, Florida.THE TAKEAWAYN.C. State: This should take some heat off Doeren, who had been drawing criticism from a segment of the fan base after going 8-23 in ACC games before this one. In four years, Doeren now has won almost as many ACC games at UNCs Kenan Stadium (two) as he has at his own Carter-Finley Stadium (three).North Carolina: By losing to a pair of neighborhood rivals -- both of whom were under .500 at the time -- the Tar Heels blew their chance to repeat as Coastal champions. They lost to Duke and N.C. State in the same season for the first time since 2003, and in some ways this game felt like an extension of the loss in Durham -- with the Tar Heels managing a combined 13 points in the last two quarters of that game and the first three of this one.Thats on us, running back Elijah Hood said about the teams lack of focus. Weve got to go out there -- were on the football field, the balls coming to us, weve got to make that catch. Theres really no excuse for it.THE BRAWLThings got chippy late in the first half when UNC DT Jalen Dalton was ejected for throwing a punch during a fight that cleared the benches. The skirmish broke out near midfield with about six minutes left in the half after N.C. States Matt Dayes fumbled. The ball squirted about 20 yards downfield with at least four players trying to scoop it up. That led to a pileup near midfield, and Dalton appeared to hit Wolfpack lineman Terronne Prescod. Later in the skirmish, UNC coach Larry Fedora unsuccessfully tried to restrain Dalton by the back of his collar. After a review, the pass was ruled incomplete.KEY MOMENTNorth Carolina trailed 21-7 at halftime and started the second half by recovering an onside kick to seemingly seize momentum. But during an official review, it was determined that Ayden Bonilla had delivered an illegal block before Anthony Ratliff-Williams recovered the ball. That wiped out the recovery and required a rekick, and N.C. State then chewed up 6 1/2 minutes with a 14-play drive that ended with Samuels touchdown run that made it 28-7.UP NEXTN.C. State: This victory earned the Wolfpack a spot in a bowl game, and on Dec. 4 theyll find out who and where they play.North Carolina: The Tar Heels wont have to worry about flying to Orlando next week for the ACC championship game. Instead, theyll await their bowl opponent.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Keita Bates-Diop Jersey . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Collin Sexton Jersey . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. http://www.cheapjerseysauthenticnba.com/gary-trent-jr-jersey/ . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. Trae Young Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Jersey . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. TEMPE, Ariz. -- Carson Palmer knows he has every reason to believe this season could be his best.The 36-year-old quarterback will be at the controls of a high-octane Arizona Cardinals offense that returns every player who gained a yard for the team last season.Palmer said hes blessed to play this long and to be on such a good team at this point in his career.I never would have guessed I would have gotten the opportunity to play for 14 years, he said, when I was that kid in the backyard with his helmet on, pretending like there are guys trying to tackle me.Just dont ask him about how he got over his ugly performance in last seasons NFC championship game. He threw four interceptions and fumbled the ball away twice in the Cardinals 49-15 loss to Carolina.Its not a favorite subject.He said he never thinks about it until I get asked about it.Last year is last year, Palmer said after Tuesdays practice. This is a different team. Theres no lingering. Im focused on today.How did he get over it?Just do it. You just move on, Palmer said. You start working on what you need to improve on, and preparing for whats ahead, not whats behind.Coach Bruce Arians said he knew Palmer was over it the first time I saw him, about five days later.There was never a doubt in my mind, Arians said. He throws a pick in the fourth quarter, he just comes right back. So its not a big deal for him.Palmer set franchise records last season for yards passing (4,671), touchdown passes (35) and passer rating (104.6) while directing the Cardinals to a 13-3 record and the NFC West title.So expectations are sky high as the team prepares for its season opener Sunday night against the New England Patriots.Its great, because people are right, Palmer said. We are pretty good. Now weve got to go out and play it and prove it and back that up.Its been an up-and-down journey since he was drafted No. 1 overall by Cincinnati so long ago.Theres no doubt Im extremely blessed to be here, Palmer said, to be in this situation with this team because I know how hard it is, and how difficult it is, to find the right situation.dddddddddddd ... Its very rare, and getting to play this game so long is rare. I think thats why Ive enjoyed the end so much more than every part of the career.He hasnt talked about how much longer he will play. He signed an extension that puts him under contract through the 2017 season and shows no sign of losing interest.Hes always been a junkie, a workaholic, Arians said, even more so now because I think hes excited about the team he has. With two days off, he texted me about 30 times, so thats a good thing.Palmer said its too early to say whether this team is better than the 2015 Cardinals, who led the league averaging 408.3 yards per game. But he knows it could be, maybe should be.Its just exciting, knowing week in and week out, that if you go out and execute and play your best, you can beat anybody, Palmer said. Its a very unique group of guys, guys are great to come to work with, guys that arent just going through the motions. We dont have that.Two of the teams best young players, running back David Johnson and wide receiver John Brown, have special praise for their veteran quarterback.Johnson said Palmer had to tell him who to block before plays last season.He knows exactly what every player has, the route that each player has, Johnson said. He knows exactly how to control the O-line in picking up the blitzes, helping them out that way. He just knows how to lead us.Palmer took Brown under his wing early, taking him to the quarterbacks San Diego home to work out after Brown was drafted out of a small school, Pittsburg State.I cant thank him enough, Brown said. Hes just a great guy overall. Im willing to do anything for him, thats how much I love him and have respect for him.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.