unfolded, and Silva made him pay. A straight

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 19.07.2018 16:04
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

MORAGA, Calif. -- Jock Landale credits his teammates for finding him at all the right moments in all the right places to make his shots at a remarkably reliable rate. Opposing coach Dave Wojcik praises Landale for the ease with which he scores through double-teams.Landale is shooting at a 75-percent clip this season, and the emerging big man is the biggest reason No. 15 Saint Marys is on a roll. His balanced supporting cast sure helps, too.The 6-foot-11 center scored 24 points and didnt miss a shot until 6:49 remained, and the Gaels beat Bay Area neighbor San Jose State 81-64 on Tuesday night.When asked if he knew what Landale was shooting, fellow Australian Emmett Naar responded: Probably pretty bad, I imagine. Hes not very good.Twelve percent, Landale said, chuckling.Landale has made 36 of 48 field goal attempts over his first four games for Saint Marys (4-0), which followed up a 61-57 victory Saturday at Dayton with another impressive win. He went 9 for 10 and also had seven rebounds, three assists and two blocked shots.Landale has emerged as a force in the low post as senior starting forward Dane Pineau deals with lower back issues that have limited him so far.Weve got to throw him the ball; hes a beast in there, said Naar, who added 16 points.Calvin Hermanson also scored 16 for Saint Marys.With coach Randy Bennett remaining cautious, Pineau didnt play at all for the first time in four games after his back flared up again before tipoff.Joe Rahon contributed eight points, seven assists, five rebounds and three blocks for Saint Marys, which holds its highest ranking in the AP poll since it also was 15th in 1959. The program is ranked in the preseason poll for the first time.Ryan Welage scored 17 points and Jaycee Hillsman had 16 for San Jose State (1-3), which hung tough with the West Coast Conference favorite for most of the game but couldnt avoid a third straight defeat.Its a good measuring stick for us, Wojcik said. Nobody in the country thought we would win the game. I just told them, `We believe and youve got to prove yourself.Saint Marys shot 60.7 percent in the first half but led only 43-40 at the break as San Jose State took advantage of 10 Saint Marys fouls and converted 10 of 11 free throws.I didnt think our starters came out and played as well as we need to defensively, Bennett said. We dont give up 40 points in a half very often. The problem was never offensively. Our deal is were going to have to be consistent defensively.COSTLY TECHNICALSan Jose States Brandon Clarke was whistled for his third foul with 14:01 left and it turned into a costly four-point swing that produced a 58-51 Saint Marys lead after he picked up a technical for swearing after the initial call.The Gaels used that play to start an 18-2 run and build a 72-53 lead.Clarke apologized to his teammates for his second career technical.That kind of spun the game around, he said. I just pretty much told them sorry. I just felt like that was a turning point and I let them down with that play. Its stuff I can learn from.Wojcik liked the emotion, the coach just wished his sophomore forward had kept it to himself.BIG PICTURESan Jose State: The Spartans last victory against a Top 25 team was 60-59 in overtime against No. 19 Alabama on Dec. 27, 1996. ... The Spartans havent beaten Saint Marys since Nov. 26, 2000, in Moraga, and this was the first matchup between the teams since Nov. 20, 2009.Saint Marys: The Gaels matched their longest winning streak in the series at six. ... They have outscored opponents 274-207 in their first three home games at McKeon Pavilion. ... Saint Marys is 115-32 against non-conference opponents over the past 10 years. ... Former Gaels star Stephen Holt, on a break from playing professionally in Spain, was in attendance and recognized on the court during an early timeout.UP NEXTSan Jose State: At Washington State on Sunday in the middle game of a three-game road trip that includes another Palouse matchup eight miles away at Idaho two days later.Saint Marys: Takes on the University of Alabama at Birmingham on Sunday in Las Vegas before going to Stanford next Wednesday.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org Mike Gartner Stanley Cup Jersey . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Philipp Grubauer Stanley Cup Jersey . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapcapitalsjerseys.us/matt-niskanen-stanley-cup-jersey/ . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. Cheap Adidas Capitals Jerseys . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Brooks Orpik Stanley Cup Jersey .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. FORTALEZA, Brazil -- Heavyweight Fabricio Werdum avenged a 2006 loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira with a second-round submission win over the former interim UFC champ in the main event of Saturdays UFC on FUEL TV 10. Werdum was in control from the start, looking quicker on the feet in the standup department and stronger on the floor. Still, the 27-year-old Nogueira showed his legendary tenacity as he constantly walked forward and looked to strike from the clinch. However, things took an unfortunate turn for him in the second frame. As Nogueira looked to secure a guillotine choke in a scramble, Werdum pulled his head free and took top position as the pair hit the floor. From there, Werdum methodically worked himself into a tight armbar position. Nogueira tried desperately to outlast the hold but eventually verbally submitted. "Its my second fight with him, and it was a tough fight," Werdum said after the win. "I was able to get onto his back and get the armbar, and then I was able to make him submit. That made me very happy." Marshall Zelaznik, the UFCs managing director of international development, said the win might not necessarily guarantee a fight with the winner of a planned heavyweight title fight between current champ Cain Velasquez and former title holder Junior dos Santos, but he believes Werdum can at least make a case for the booking. "Obviously this was an important fight for Fabricio," Zelaznik said. "The chatter in the office was that this was an improtant fight for determining the contender for the championship." In the nights co-feature, 33-year-old Leonardo Santos (12-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) became the oldest winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" with a second-round submission win over William Macario. Santos and Macario faced off in the tournament final of "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2." Macario looked the better fighter to open,, toying with his opponent on the feet and showing little regard to his opponents vaunted grappling skills.ddddddddddddBut as the contest wore on, Macario appeared to tire and Santos took full advantage. Taking the fight to the floor, Santos quickly advanced to mount position and locked in an arm-triangle choke. As he dismounted to finish the hold, Macario tried desperately to spin and escape but was forced to tap with 17 seconds left in the second round. An emotional Santos celebrated the victory with his longtime teammate, UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo. In a moment of raw emotion, both men shed tears as the enjoyed the importance of the win, which sees Santos earn a six-figure UFC contract. "I know many of you, when you saw me walking in, a small-city guy, you thought I was going to lose," Santos said. "But no way -- Im very tough. Aldo is the most humble person I know of. Hes a really good champion and a great person. I consider him my brother." In another featured matchup, one-time UFC title contender Thiago Silva (15-3 MMA 6-3 UFC) earned his first official win since 2009 with a stunning first-round knockout of former Strikeforce champ Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (11-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC). While Cavalcante looked the stronger man to open the fight, he tired as the opening round unfolded, and Silva made him pay. A straight wobbled the favoured Cavalcante before an uppercut landed flush on the chin and ended the contest with 31 seconds left in the opening round. The performance earned Silva US$100,000 in extra income for earning both the "Knockout of the Night" and "Fight of the Night" bonuses. UFC on FUEL TV 10s undercard featured seven bouts that included Brazilian fighters against foreign competition. The Brazilian fighters were victorious in all seven contests. A crowd of 6,286 fans attended the event, according to Zelaznik. Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.