plays, Bosa said. Its just going to take a little bit

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 15.07.2018 05:10
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Manager Ned Yost was unsure what to expect from his starting pitcher.Jarrod Dyson had two hits, scored a run and stole a base in Jason Vargas first start in 14 months, and the Kansas City Royals beat the Chicago White Sox 3-2 on Saturday night to snap a five-game losing streak.Vargas, who was making his first start in 423 days after having Tommy John surgery on August 5, 2015, gave up a first-inning run on Melky Cabreras RBI single, but retired eight of the last nine batters he faced.He was a little better than I expected, Yost said. Its been 14 months since hes been on a major league mound and his first big league start since coming off Tommy John. I dont know how you have expectations on anything like that. You just want to go out, feel good and get through it and come off of it healthy, on a good note. I think we accomplished all those things tonight.Vargas said his stuff was very similar to his six minor league rehab starts.There were a couple of times where I got behind in some counts, (but) I think thats just part of being back out there, Vargas said. I felt pretty good about where I was able to throw the ball and how it went.Vargas was pulled after 52 pitches and three innings. Dillon Gee (7-8) replaced Vargas and held the White Sox to one run and five hits over 4 1/3 innings.Today is about Vargy coming back from TJ (Tommy John surgery), Gee said. Thats a big deal for him to come back and get a start again and come back healthy from that surgery. He did a great job. I just wanted to come in and hold it there.Dyson, who is 10 for 15 off White Sox starter Miguel Gonzalez (4-7), singled to lead off the first, advanced to second on Whit Merrifields bunt single, stole second and scored on Kendrys Morales sacrifice fly.Dyson, who extended his hitting streak to 10 games, also singled in the Royals two-run fifth. Hunter Dozier, who was making his second major league start, and Eric Hosmer delivered run-producing singles in the inning, which Alcides Escobar opened with a triple.He got in a bind there, White Sox manager Robin Ventura said of Gonzalezs fifth inning. I thought he got out of some trouble. It could have been worse. I thought he pitched his way out of it and they ended up getting two.Avisail Garcias double, which struck the third base bag, scored Jose Abreu in the eighth for the final White Sox run. The White Sox went 2 for 9 with runners in scoring position and stranded eight runners.We had opportunities, Ventura said. We hit the ball pretty good, got some guys on base, just couldnt cash them in.Wade Davis worked a flawless ninth for his 25th save in 28 chances.MILESTONE REACHEDYost picked up his 1,000th career victory as a manager. He is the 62nd manager in big league history to reach that total. Youre 62 years old. I dont want to go home and drop dead of a heart attack at 999, Yost said and laughed. Id like to at least try to get to a thousand and then I can go any time after that.WANG OUTThe Royals designated RHP Chien-Ming Wang, who went 6-0 with a 4.22 ERA in 32 bullpen outings, for assignment. Wang won 19 games in back-to-back seasons, 2006-07 with the Yankees, before injuries derailed his career.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: DH Justin Morneau has not played since Monday, when he hurt his neck swinging against the Indians. Old man neck, Morneau said. I just have to be patient with it. Morneau said if his neck keeps improving he would take some swings Sunday and maybe available Monday would be great. ... IF Tyler Saladino did not play after injuring his left calf Friday. Just a little tweak, so hes getting treatment, Ventura said.UP NEXTWhite Sox: LHP Jose Quintana is 0-2 with a 3.32 ERA in three starts against the Royals this season.Royals: LHP Danny Duffy is 0-1 with three no-decisions since an Aug. 21 victory over Minnesota. Bobby Hull Jersey .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. Jordan Martinook Jersey . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. http://www.cheapcoyotesjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-kevin-connauton-jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Luke Schenn Jersey . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Clayton Keller Jersey SAN DIEGO -- Being just one of the guys is one of the things that?Joey Bosa missed during the 31 days that he remained unsigned because of a contract impasse with the San Diego Chargers.One day after he signed a four-year deal on Monday, Bosa was on the field working with his teammates and posing with some of his fellow defensive linemen for the long row of cameras on hand to watch his first appearance on the field since June at Chargers Park. Veteran defensive tackle Brandon Mebane hatched the idea of the impromptu photo shoot to help loosen things up for Bosa.It means a lot that theyre all welcoming me back with open arms like that, Bosa said. They all understand the business of the NFL and why I wasnt here. So theres no bad blood between any one of us, and theyre just excited to have me out here, and Im excited to be out here.Bosa missed more than a month and three preseason games during a contentious contract stalemate that included haggling over the payment of Bosas $17 million signing bonus and whether the contract would include offset language. He signed Monday and said he could play in the opener Sept. 11 at the Kansas City Chiefs.Bosa and the rest of the Chargers worked out in just helmets, jerseys and shorts as the team prepared for San Diegos final preseason game againnst the San Francisco 49ers in two days.ddddddddddddWere just happy to have him out here, defensive lineman Corey Liuget said. And I just look forward to working with the guy.Bosa likely will not play against San Francisco. Chargers head coach Mike McCoy said hell take a wait-and-see approach to determine if the Ohio State product will play in the regular-season opener on the road against the Chiefs. The Chargers have just one padded practice in the next two weeks to get Bosa ready for the season opener. But so far, McCoy has liked what he has seen from his rookie, first-round pick.He looked as we expected, McCoy said. He was in shape and ready to roll. He looked the way he did when he left.Bosa said hell spend some extra time with defensive line coach Giff Smith on Tuesday and throughout the week to get up to speed on the playbook in general and specifically San Diegos plans for him defensively.Its was nice, actually getting to run some plays, Bosa said. Its just going to take a little bit of time to get back into a rhythm of things and get all of the plays. I still havent put pads on, so Im sure thats going to be the hardest thing to get adjusted to. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.