y Jones (ankle). Tight end Mercedes Lewis (c

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 14.07.2018 05:37
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- For one more Sunday, Jim Brown felt the kind of emotional surge that made him an NFL legend.The greatest player to wear a Cleveland Browns jersey, and in the conversation as the best in league history, Brown was immortalized as the team unveiled a bronze statue of the running backs likeness outside FirstEnergy Stadium.The 8-foot-tall sculpture, which weighs more than 2,000 pounds, depicts No. 32 at the top of his game. Hes in motion, the football tucked tightly under his left arm, his right arm cocked to ward off an oncoming tackler.Although the tribute came 51 years after Brown walked away from the game at the peak of his career to pursue an acting career in Hollywood, the 80-year-old was moved by the tribute.Its a fantastic moment, he said, standing at the podium steadied by a walking cane. Its a great moment because I feel it throughout my body.Brown retired at the age of 29, ending a nine-year run in which he led the league in rushing eight times and was the MVP three times.He was a devastating runner, able to not only outrun defenders but blast through them. He finished with 12,312 yards rushing, 126 touchdowns and established a legacy few have approached.When you mention the Cleveland Browns, I think the first thing everybody thinks about is Jim Brown, owner Jimmy Haslam said.I think one of the reasons we have such a tremendous fan base today is that so many of us grew up watching Jim Brown play and remember 32 and how he dominated for nine years.The unveiling took place about three hours before the Browns played their home opener against the Baltimore Ravens.The ceremony was attended by some of Browns teammates, Browns coach Hue Jackson, Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson and UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic, who sported a white No. 32 jersey.In his opening remarks, Brown, who has been a community activist for much of his life, was moved by seeing so many people he has known for years.There is a natural feeling that I have today of joy and celebration, said Brown, who was joined on the dais by his wife, Monique, and son, Aris.This represents one of the highest moments of my life because when I look at the audience, about 95 percent of the people I know personally and most of them I know through the work that they do, the work that I do and the work we do together in the community to make it a better community.Jimmy Haslam said Browns value to the team cant be underestimated.It means a tremendous amount, he said. Jim turned 80 last year and I watch him relate to our players who are almost 60 years younger than him and he still has the ability to relate, Haslam said.Jim is a very wise man, hes been great counsel to Dee and I as we learn the NFL business. Hes a very smart, savvy guy who I think relates to people of all ages and people of all color.Brown was once distanced from the only team he ever played for, but Haslam and his wife, Dee, welcomed him back to the organization four years ago as a special adviser.The Haslams were instrumental in the commission of the statue, which the team noted was to honor the many on-field accomplishments of Brown.The statue -- the first erected outside the lakefront stadium -- also brought some criticism to the team because of Browns long history of violence against women. He served four months in jail in 2000 for failing to attend counseling.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Brad Peacock Jersey . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. http://www.cheapastrosjerseys.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Cheap Andy Pettitte Jersey .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. Cheap Carlos Lee Jersey . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. It has been nearly two years since Doug Marrone opted out of coaching the Buffalo Bills. Now the offensive line and assistant head coach in Jacksonville, Marrone makes his return to Western New York on Sunday when the Jaguars face the Bills at New Era Field.I hope its a miserable experience, current Bills head coach Rex Ryan said. We want to win, man. Our fans, this is as loyal a fan base as there is, so we want to create that miserable day for people, and the fans are a big part of it.This has been a miserable season for the Jaguars (2-8), who have lost five straight and will miss the postseason for the ninth straight year.Same old story, same old script, every week, cornerback Jalen Ramsey said after last weeks 26-19 loss to Denver. Its been frustrating, but its really getting extremely frustrating.That frustration has been accompanied by questions about the job security of head coach Gus Bradley, whose 14-44 record in three-plus seasons is the second-worst winning percentage (.241) by any coach in NFL history.Bradley told the Buffalo media on a conference call this week that he only hears criticism of his performance, when guys like you bring it up.Ryan, like Marrone before him, has faced criticism in Buffalo, despite winning as many games as he has lost since the start of last season. The Bills (5-5) snapped a three-game losing streak with a 16-12 win in Cincinnati last Sunday, keeping alive their hopes of ending their 16-season playoff drought, the longest in the NFL.Buffalo can improve to 6-5 for just the second time since 2009 and third time since 2001.We need this game in the worst way, Ryan said. This game is far too important for us not to put everything into it, and the preparations got to be tight.The Bills offense has been depleted by injuries but could be bolstered soon by the return of star wideout Sammy Watkins, who has missed the last seven games due to pain in his surgically-repaired foot. Watkins remains on injured reserve, but Ryan is hopeful he can play Sunday.If Im healthy enoough to play and they think Im healthy, then Im going to be out there, Watkins said.dddddddddddd Im not going to go out there unhealthy.Buffalo will be without its other starting receiver, Robert Woods (knee), while running back LeSean McCoy (thumb) is expected to play after undergoing surgery on Sunday night.On defense, Pro Bowl lineman Marcell Dareus appears to be healthy -- and rounding into football shape -- after missing eight of the first nine games due to suspension and injuries to his hamstring and groin.Emotionally, the Bills are still healing from a 34-31 loss to the Jaguars in London last season.It left a bad taste in our mouth, guard Richie Incognito said. We definitely arent overlooking them.Ryan called the Jaguars, the best two-win team Ive ever seen.The Jaguars do have the No. 7 ranked defense but have the least takeaways (five) and the most giveaways (22). Quarterback Blake Bortles has been intercepted in eight of 10 games and is tied with the Jets Ryan Fitzpatrick for the most interceptions in the league (13).Bortles is dealing with a sprained right throwing shoulder but doesnt expect that to keep him out of the lineup. Ill be ready to go Sunday, he said.Running back T.J. Yeldon (ankle) is less likely to play, and the Jaguars could also be without defensive end Jared Odrick (shoulder), cornerback Aaron Colvin (concussion), linebacker Dan Skuta (back) and Abry Jones (ankle). Tight end Mercedes Lewis (calf) and left guard Patrick Omameh (foot) were placed on injured reserve this week.A winning record may not be possible, but the Jaguars are still hoping to string together wins down the stretch.There is no sense in folding up shop and getting ready for next year, Bortles said. Weve got six more games to play and a chance to go 8-8. ... I think the guys are excited about the opportunity. Not excited about where were at, but excited to have six more chances. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.