Midfielders: Felipe Anderson (Lazio), Thiago M

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 02.07.2018 16:36
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

World Cup-winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolaris first task in trying to take Guangzhou Evergrande to a third Asian (AFC) Champions League will be to face a team coached by a 28-year-old woman.The draw has pitted the Chinese powerhouse against Hong Kong club Eastern F.C., whose coach, Chan Yuen-ting, became the first woman to lead a mens team to a title in a professional top-flight league when Eastern won the 2016 Hong Kong Premier League.On Feb. 22, Eastern will play its first-ever game in the AFC Champions League against Guangzhou in the southern Chinese city, just 75 miles (120 kilometers) away from Hong Kong, in front of more than 40,000 fans.The Asian Champions League is a valuable opportunity for us to learn from opponents like Guangzhou and improve ourselves, Chan told the Associated Press.Scolari, who led Brazil to the 2002 World Cup and Portugal to the final of the 2004 European Championships, is the most-famous and -decorated male coach that a female has ever matched wits against.I am happy to meet Scolari, said Chan.This is my great honor to play against his team. He has good experience and is very intelligent.Guangzhou has won the past six Chinese Super League titles and the 2013 and 2015 Asian championships. The ambitious club contributes numerous players to the Chinese national team rosters and is home to Brazilian internationals Paulinho and Ricardo Goulart, as well as Colombian star Jackson Martinez, signed from Atletico Madrid in February for around $44 million.We know how strong Guangzhou is, added Chan. We will try very hard to show our quality. From the beginning, we expected this. Every game will be very tough for us. We just need to improve and prepare for the games as well as we can.Moya Dodd, vice president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), is a former womens player for Australia and an advocate of the womens game. She believes that it is the former boss of English Premier League giant Chelsea who has the most to lose.Gender aside, this is a game between one of club footballs rising powers and a team that is less resourced and less fancied, said Dodd. On the coaches bench you have a rising star taking on one of footballs old masters -- a World Cup winner, no less. Its a great story for the fans, and all the pressure will be on Scolari.Mark Sutcliffe, the CEO of the Hong Kong Football Association, welcomes Chans exploits and wishes her well against one of the most famous coaches in the game.A match of this significance should really attract the fans and create huge excitement, said Sutcliffe. Its an amazing story, one that you couldnt make up. Perhaps Hollywood would be interested?There is some hope for Eastern. In the second round of qualification for the 2018 World Cup, Hong Kong met China on two occasions. Both games ended 0-0. Sutcliffe believes there could be a pattern.Its actually a very daunting challenge. In terms of scale, resources and quality, you cant compare the two sides, said Sutcliffe. You would have to say that the odds are really stacked against Eastern. Having said that, this is football, and anything can happen.China does not have the famous foreign stars at Guangzhous call, and any result for Eastern would make more international headlines for Chan, who was named the AFC Female Coach of the Year in November.I have received some awards and attention from the world, said Chan. However, it is not important what people say. I just want to stay humble and work hard and learn to be a good coach for my club.It is a big game for Hong Kong soccer too, which has seen the former British colony awarded an automatic spot in the Asian Champions League. Chans increasing fame can only be a positive for the sport.Ms. Chan has a huge following here in Hong Kong, said Sutcliffe. She is an inspiring figure for those of us involved in football, and the accolades keep pouring in. She seems to be taking it all in her stride and remains humble and grounded.It is not just Hong Kong that would benefit from some giant-killing in February. For Dodd, this is an opportunity for a female coach to, perhaps, breakthrough what she calls the grass ceiling.The closer you get to the field, the harder it is for a woman, said Dodd. Its a positive sign that growing up in the womens game can provide the experience and learning to launch a coaching career in any part of the game -- including the Champions League.Chan just wants to get on with it.I hope that my football story will encourage women coaches to go for their dream, but I believe that I am not representing anyone. I just need to do my job. Cheap Ravens Store . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Hayden Hurst Womens Jersey . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. http://www.cheapravensjerseysauthentic.net/ . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Cheap Ravens Jerseys . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. Greg Senat Womens Jersey . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Coach Rogerio Micale named the Brazilian mens soccer team for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics on Wednesday, including two key members who did not play in the Copa America -- Barcelonas Neymar and Douglas Costa of Bayern Munich.Micale took over the Olympic team when Dunga was fired after Brazil was knocked out of the Copa America.Two of the young stars to watch will be forwards Gabriel Jesus of Palmeiras and Gabriel Barbosa of Santos, the former club of Neymar and Pele. Barbosa is known as Gabigol and has already played for Brazils senior team.Brazil has won five World Cup titles, but the mens team has yet to win an Olympic gold in soccer. Brazil lost the final to MMexico four years ago in London.dddddddddddd---Brazil squad:Goalkeepers: Fernando Prass (Palmeira), Uilson (Atletico Mineiro).Defenders: Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain), Luan (Vasco da Gama), Rodrigo Caio (Sao Paulo), Zeca (Santos), William (Internacional), Douglas Santos (Atletico Mineiro)Midfielders: Felipe Anderson (Lazio), Thiago Maia (Santos), Rodrigo Dourado (Internacional), Fred (Shakhtar Donetsk), Rafinha (Barcelona).Forwards: Gabriel Barbosa (Santos), Neymar (Barcelona), Douglas Costa (Bayern Munich), Gabriel Jesus (Palmeiras), Luan (Gremio). Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.