g said it goes beyond getting his hand raised

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 02.07.2018 16:23
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- Joe Musgrove bounced back after two horrible outings, and the Houston Astros offense did the rest Monday night.Jose Altuve homered, Musgrove and three relievers combined on a four-hitter and the Astros beat the Oakland Athletics 6-0.Musgrove (2-2) struck out seven, walked three and allowed three hits over 5 1/3 innings, and then Luke Gregerson, Pat Neshek and Brad Peacock closed things out.Musgrove had allowed 13 runs over his last two starts.I have to be the guy who goes as hard as he can as long as he can, Musgrove said. The last couple outings I found myself trying to pace myself trying to get to the seventh. I did a lot of work this week making mechanical adjustments and told myself to go out there and give it everything you have as long as you can and let the bullpen take over from there.Musgrove retired 11 of the first 13 batters before Khris Davis singled with two outs in the fourth for the first hit against him.I thought he did a good job especially the fifth, Houston manager A.J. Hinch said. He came out really aggressive which is an adjustment for him to match quantity of strikes with quality. He wasnt going to leave anything in the tank and he was going to go as hard as he could as long as he could.Houston closed within two games of the second AL wild card with the win and Baltimores loss.As starter Sean Manaea (5-9) left after 3 1/3 innings with a left rhomboid strain. Manaea fielded a comebacker from Yulieski Gurriel to start the fourth, then threw one pitch to Marwin Gonzalez before manager Bob Melvin and the trainer headed to the mound. The left-hander was replaced by Chris Smith.Manaea said he was uncertain if he would miss his next start. He is listed as day-to-day.Just frustrating from where Im at, Manaea said. Already been on the DL once and to me it just feels like Im letting everyone down. I hate being hurt and just getting taken out early, especially with a close game like that just bothered me. It is what it is, I just have to make sure going forward I get everything done and try not to have this problem again.Altuve hit his second homer in two games to lead off the sixth and extend Houstons lead to 3-0. Alex Bregman hit a two-run single and Carlos Correa had an RBI single as part of a three-run seventh.We got extra opportunities in the second, obviously got the two runs on a couple errors and a couple walks but Altuves homer obviously was a big tack-on run, Hinch said. The three-run inning where Bregman breaks it open is what good offenses do when you get the opportunity.Manaea allowed two unearned runs and one hit with four strikeouts.Marcus Semien had two of Oaklands hits.TRAINING ROOMAthletics: INF Billy Butler was reinstated from the seven-day concussion list. To make room on the roster, INF Arismendy Alcantara was optioned to Class A Stockton. ... LHP Sean Doolittle (left shoulder strain) will continue a rehab assignment Tuesday with Triple-A Nashville. ... RHP Henderson Alvarez (right shoulder surgery) is set to start a rehab assignment Tuesday in Stockton. ... RHP Jesse Hahn (right shoulder strain) will pitch Wednesday for Nashville.Astros: OF Colby Rasmus (cyst in right ear) was scheduled to work in the outfield, do some baserunning and also take batting practice, Hinch said, adding they will determine afterward whether to activate Rasmus on Tuesday or Wednesday or wait until the Texas series over the weekend. Weve toyed with the idea of whether he needs a rehab assignment, Hinch said. Hes one of our more veteran players, and maybe he will jump right back into competition. ... RHP Lance McCullers (mid right elbow strain) played catch.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Kendall Graveman (10-8, 3.97) starts Tuesday in the second of the three-game series with the Astros. Graveman is 3-1 with a 1.88 ERA over his last four starts.Astros: RHP Collin McHugh (8-10, 5.01) will take the mound Tuesday, looking for his second straight win after snapping a four-game losing streak Wednesday in Pittsburgh. Air Max 97 Rose Gold Mens . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Cheap Air Max 97 All Pink . The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Lions have not announced the hiring, which was first reported by ESPN. Lombardi, the grandson of former Green Bay Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, has been an offensive assistant on Sean Paytons New Orleans staff since 2007. http://www.cheapairmax97sale.us/ . The Swede became the first golfer to win the PGA Tours FedEx Cup and European Tours Race to Dubai in the same season. "It is still taking a little time to sink in what Ive achieved this week as was the case when I won the FedEx Cup but then it just kept getting better and better as the days went on and I am sure this will be the same," he said. Cheap Air Max 97 Rose . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. Cheap Air Max 97 Gold .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. When tasked to describe the character hes attempting to play in his return to WWE after 12 years removed, Bill Goldberg couldnt help but smile from ear to ear.At the end of the day, at 49 years old, its realistic to believe that a Terminator has a heart, Goldberg told ESPN.com. [WWE] gave me the ability to be myself. They gave me the ability to eloquently [speak] my appreciation of the fans and show how appreciative I am to be given the opportunity to make a difference.No, this isnt your fathers Goldberg, the man who rose to prominence behind a storyline unbeaten streak with WCW in the late 1990s and who walked away from the WWE on his own terms in 2004 after one year. And this doesnt quite sound like the outspoken actor and mixed martial arts practitioner who wasnt afraid to speak his mind in the years immediately after his pro wrestling retirement.The man Goldberg is today -- a father, husband and philanthropist -- is much different altogether, admittedly reshaped through maturity and perspective.Goldberg recently patched what had become a rocky post-wrestling relationship with WWE when he signed on to be a downloadable character on the WWE 2K17 video game. The experience led to further discussions, which culminates in his main event match against Brock Lesnar on Sunday at WWE Survivor Series in Toronto.The bout is a rematch of their largely forgettable meeting at WrestleMania XX in 2004, when both superstars were booed out of Madison Square Garden due to the crowds knowledge that each was set to leave the company.Goldberg admits he has a lot more to lose than gain in terms of his legacy in coming back, noting the difficulty of a nearly 50-year-old man doing justice to a muscular, intimidating character who is so reliant upon intimidation.His motivation, however, is twofold, and he says it has nothing to do with repairing portions of his legacy, including his underwhelming first run with WWE, or changing the perception created through shoot interviews by some of his ex-peers that he never loved the business and was difficult to work with.Its the opportunity to play a superhero for his wife, Wanda, and 10-year-old son, Gage -- neither of whom have seen him wrestle -- that Goldberg was unable to pass up. The mere mention of his sons reaction upon hearing the news of his return brought instant tears to his eyes.As a father, you want the best for your son, quite obviously, Goldberg said. You want to create the best memories for your son. To be able to be given this opportunity -- originally by 2K and now by WWE -- to come back and be that guy, I could never repay them as far as my appreciation. Im the coolest dad in the world, and they gave me the opportunity to do that.The other reason for his return has more to do with the message he is looking to deliver.Goldberg has always played the role of babyface, but one with a hard edge of physicality and an unwillingness to be pushed around (both inside the scripted realm and behind the scenes). And when he looks back to the prime of his career, hindsight and wisdom have helped him uncover a bit of regret.I look back upon my times when more people were listening to what I had to say, andd I didnt say enough, he said.ddddddddddddThe idea of being a true role model for children may sound like its straight out of the Hulk Hogan handbook from the 1980s, but its something Goldberg takes very seriously. Its why he has taken the time to stop and briefly connect with as many children as possible in the front row of live events at each of his recent appearances on Raw.The platform of Goldbergs message is a recommitment to basic manners like yes, sir and no, sir, please and thank you, and opening the door for women.If I ever see one of you guys out there not doing that stuff, Im going to call you on it, Goldberg said. It wont be a Jackhammer [coming your way], it will be a punch. Honestly, those are the simple basics in life. Everything emanates from the basics, from your base. If you dont have a strong base, Im sorry, but you are always going to be coming back to it, trying to reattain.I believe in the simple things in life; everything derives from the beginning. You take things very simplistically and try to be the best person you can be. If I can touch one or two kids in this next generation who havent seen me do my thing, then Im way ahead.Goldberg calls his WWE return a one-time thing and isnt willing, at this point, to entertain the idea of continuing on toward WrestleMania 33 next April. Part of his reluctance surrounds how big of a critic he is regarding his own work.In fact, the perfectionist within Goldberg was particularly upset with the brief spill he took inside the ring while delivering a knee to the face of Rusev during an Oct. 31 appearance on Raw.When I fell on my ass on the ground, it felt like s---, Goldberg said. The deal is that I hold myself to an extremely high standard, and its a standard that can never be ... its unattainable. But it drives me to be the very best in everything I do.Goldberg isnt expecting to have a five-star classic with Lesnar from a technical standpoint, but he promises plenty of hard-hitting violence. While the showman in Goldberg has talked publicly in recent weeks about putting Lesnar in the hospital, his real-life expectations are that hell probably be sitting in the bed right next to him when all is said and done.I was stiff before he was stiff, so you remember that, Goldberg said. And Im not proud of that but ... Im proud of that. I dont have a problem with being stiff. As a matter of fact, thats why I went to Japan to wrestle [in 2002]. I enjoy it much more. I think its much more realistic to the mixed martial arts aspect of it.Asked what success looks like for him on Sunday, Goldberg said it goes beyond getting his hand raised inside the ring. That part -- the scripted winning and losing -- has never bothered him.My life is not predicated upon being the winner -- its about the journey, he said. Its about the legacy that you leave, the impression that you leave. There are a lot of things that I have to attain.At the end of the day, if I come away with nothing other than the smiles on my wife and sons face, Im Santa Claus ... or Hanukkah Harry! Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.