, but its the coachs decision, so I ha

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 01.07.2018 14:21
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- The Orioles had their ace on the mound and a two-run lead against the last-place Tampa Bay Rays.That seemingly ideal situation was thrown awry by Evan Longoria.Longoria homered, tripled and scored three runs as the Rays blunted Baltimores playoff push with a 5-2 victory Saturday night.The loss dropped Baltimore three games behind first-place Boston in the AL East and a half-game in back of Toronto for the top AL wild-card slot, pending the Blue Jays late game at the Los Angeles Angels.They understand the atmosphere that theyre playing in, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. Every game is important, just like they were in April. Weve got a chance, and tonight wont change that.The Orioles have lost two of three to the Rays in a series that ends Sunday.You say what you want about the Rays and the standings, but theyve got a formidable major league team over there, center fielder Adam Jones said. Theyre not just laying down, dying, quitting and just letting us win.Chris Tillman (16-6) had a one-hitter and a 2-1 lead after five innings, but he failed to get out of the sixth.Longoria led off the inning by hitting a long fly ball outside the left-field foul pole. He sent the next pitch over the center-field wall -- his eighth career homer off Tillman in 63 at-bats.It was pretty impressive, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. You dont see many guys go homer foul and then straighten it out a little more.Brad Miller followed with an infield hit and scored on a two-out double by Richie Shaffer.Tampa Bay added two unearned runs in the eighth when Mikie Mahtook hit a bases-loaded single after an error by first baseman Chris Davis.Longoria has homered in each of the three games and has a career-high 35 for the season.Just taking advantage of those pitches I should hit, he said. Id love to keep it going.Matt Andriese (8-7) allowed two runs in 5 1/3 innings to win his second straight start after losing seven decisions in a row. Alex Colome worked the ninth for his 34th save in 36 chances.The Orioles played a second straight game without major league home run leader Mark Trumbo, who has back spasms.Baltimore got a first-inning run when Jones doubled and scored on a fly ball by Manny Machado.A sacrifice fly by Hyun Soo Kim made it 2-0 in the third. Tampa Bay broke through in the fourth when Longoria tripled -- the Rays first hit -- and scored on a grounder by Miller.TRAINERS ROOMRays: 1B Nick Franklin missed a second straight game with a hamstring strain and will likely be re-examined Monday after the team travels home.Orioles: Trumbo could return Sunday. Hes better, improved, close, manager Buck Showalter said. RHP Darren ODay (rotator cuff strain) should come off the disabled list on Sunday or Monday, Showalter said.UP NEXTRays: Jake Odorizzi (9-6, 3.81 ERA) pitches the series finale for the Rays. Hes 6-1 since the All-Star break and has 15 starts overall in which he received no decision.Orioles: Wade Miley (8-13, 5.80) starts for Baltimore. Hes 1-5 with an 8.41 ERA in eight starts since coming to the Orioles just before the non-waiver trade deadline. Cheap 49ers Jerseys . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Cheap Dante Pettis Jersey . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. http://www.cheap49ersjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-kentavius-street-jersey . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Cheap Tarvarius Moore Jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Cheap San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. CHICAGO -- Chicago forward Nikola Mirotic was fined after he missed the team walkthrough before the Bulls ugly 95-69 loss to Milwaukee on Friday night, and coach Fred Hoiberg kept him on the bench for the second night.Mirotic said he forgot about the walkthrough, and he apologized to his teammates and Hoiberg. He said it had nothing to do with not playing Thursday night.No, Im not that kind of guy. Even if things are not like how I would like them to be, Im very professional, he said. Its not my first year here. Those guys respect me and I respect them. I would never do that, something like that.Hoiberg said Mirotic worked out Friday morning and they had a meeting, but he wasnt excused from the walkthrough. The 6-foot-10 Mirotic is averaging a career-low 8.7 points through 24 games this season. He is shooting 38 percent from the field and 28 percent from 3-point range, also career lows.Asked about their meeting, Hoiberg said Mirotics mindset was as good as he can be in a situation like that.Obviously, any competitor isnt going to be happy when you get taken out of a lineup, Hoiberg said before the loss to Milwaukee. But talking to him about keeping himself ready ... It was good to see him in there this morning getting in extra work and getting up extra shots, keeping himself prepared when hhis name was called, and thats what we talked about.dddddddddddd Obviously hes going to get another chance this year. Hes got to keep working, keep himself ready, and when opportunity comes, go out and play well.The 25-year-old Mirotic made his NBA debut in 2014 and averaged 10.2 points while playing in all 82 games during his rookie year. He made 38 starts last season and averaged 11.8 points, but he has been plagued by inconsistency throughout his time in Chicago.Its been difficult, Mirotic said of sitting for consecutive games. Its the first time in my career that this is happening, but its the coachs decision, so I have to respect that.Also Friday, guard Michael Carter-Williams got the cast off his injured left wrist and said he is hoping to practice next week. Carter-Williams has been sidelined since Oct. 31 with wrist and left knee injuries.Ive been doing everything with my cast on, he said. Ive been running and working out, just trying to stay in shape, so when I come back it wont take me long to get back to playing (in games).The Bulls acquired Carter-Williams in an October trade with Milwaukee.---Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.