regular season on the road against state rival Georgia.

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 01.07.2018 13:55
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame defensive tackle Jarron Jones is suddenly a disruptive force for a defense that is playing solidly after a dismal start.With time running out on his collegiate career, the 6-foot-5, 315-pound graduate student from Rochester, New York, has helped the Irish defense go from giving up 461 yards a game through the first five games to 267 yards per game the past three. Jones is knocking offensive linemen back and looking like the lineman who first drew attention two years ago for his standout play against second-ranked Florida State when he had six tackles, three for loss, in a 31-27 defeat.Jones had two block kicks and an interception earlier this season, but stepped up his play with a strip-sack fumble recovery against Stanford two games ago, followed by making seven tackles in a 30-27 victory on Saturday against Miami, six of them for loss -- the most by any FBS player this season.I think thats about as good a performance that weve had in a while here. Jarron was outstanding, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said.Kelly attributes the improved play to Jones no longer being worried about the torn MCL in his right knee that caused him to miss all of last season except against Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, and a sense of urgency with time running out to impress NFL scouts. Kelly said Jones, who admits that until this year he didnt like practice, has been consistently working hard for about five weeks.Ive been very, very pleased with the way he has matured this year into the kind of senior that youd want on your football team, Kelly said.Jones agrees with Kelly that hes playing better because hes no longer worried about his knee, but hes also no longer worried about making mistakes. Jones said since defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder was fired after the Duke game, the defense is less afraid to make mistakes.Im just going out there and letting it go completely. There was always a worry, `I cant jump out of my gap. I dont want to let the center or the guard climb to the next level, he said. Now I know Im just as capable of making plays just as well as the linebackers are. So Im just going out there, dominating my job.Kelly said he is constantly talking to Jones to make sure he is focused.We have constant conversations, Jarron and I, Kelly said. Look, Jarron is extremely affable, hes got a big heart. After a monster game, he was trick or treating as Snow White here in the Gug. Hes a beautiful kid. But he has to be reminded of the day-to-days, and thats my job.The Irish (3-5) are counting on Jones to have another big game against Navy (5-2) on Saturday in Jacksonville, Florida, even though he concedes he hates playing against option teams.This is awful. Im going to be honest, I despise the triple option, he said.Asked whether facing the option would be a strength for Jones, Kelly replied: It had better be a strength of his. Hes got all the NFL teams now interested in him. So I dont think he wants bad NFL film now. I hope hes listening.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Kyzir White Stitched Jersey . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Scott Quessenberry Stitched Jersey .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. http://www.officialchargersnflauthenticshop.com/ . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Black Chargers Jerseys . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Justin Jones Stitched Jersey . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013. ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech was a bit listless after its upset of Virginia Tech.Fortunately for the Yellow Jackets, they came up with enough big plays to beat Virginia.Marcus Marshall ran 67 yards for a touchdown, Justin Thomas threw a 54-yard scoring pass to Clinton Lynch and Qua Searcy broke loose for a 60-yard TD, leading Georgia Tech to a 31-17 victory over the Cavaliers on Saturday.As if that wasnt enough, Lance Austin sealed the win with a dazzling 24-yard interception return for a touchdown, showing off several nifty moves.It took us a while get going, Marshall said.Georgia Tech (7-4, 4-4 Atlantic Coast Conference) struggled through most of the first half and went to the locker room trailing 10-7. Marshalls career-long run in front of the Cavaliers bench accounted for more than half of the Yellow Jackets 111 yards at the break.But Virginia (2-9, 1-6) couldnt hold on with Matt Johns starting at quarterback for the first time this season. He was 27 of 44 for 220 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown to Ryan Santoro that cut the gap to 24-17 with 7:18 remaining. But Johns also had three interceptions in the second half, including the pick by Austin that finished off Virginia.He played well for a long, long time, Mendenhall said of Johns, who reclaimed the starting job he held last season. He did the best he could.Marshall finished with 127 yards on 16 carries. Thomas, who didnt play the previous week in an upset of Virginia Tech because of an injury, completed 5 of 10 passes for 122 yards in his final game at Bobby Dodd Stadium.I have a lot of great memories in this stadium, the senior quarterback said. We did a lot of great things in our careers. It was a great moment.TAKEAWAYSVirginia: A year to forget -- boy, that must sound familiar to Wahoo fans -- is mercifully winding down. The Cavaliers were doomed by another second-half meltdown, which has become a familiar theme. They have been outscored 183-114 over the final two quarters this season.Georgia Tech: The trriple-option offense had all sorts of blocking breakdowns, most notably when coach Paul Johnson decided to go for it on fourth-and-1 at his own 29.ddddddddddddBackup quarterback Matthew Jordan was stuffed for no gain on a play, and Johnson griped that his team missed all three of its key blocks. But the Yellow Jackets avoided the sort of upset that wouldve really turned up the heat on Johnson, whose job security has been questioned with a new athletic director coming aboard.FIELD GOAL WOESVirginia has another tough day in the kicking game.Sam Hayward missed from 31 and 42 yards, though he did manage to connect from 30 yards. That leaves him 3 of 7 for the season and the Cavaliers at 4 of 9 overall. They havent made a kick longer than 36 yards.TOUGH DAYGeorgia Techs Brad Stewart dropped what like a sure touchdown pass in the third quarter, getting some 10 yards behind the secondary but bobbling away a throw that hit him right in stride.It only got worse for the sophomore receiver. Later in the period, he sustained what appeared to be a potentially serious left knee injury while returning a punt. Stewart had to be helped off the field and didnt return.UP NEXTVirginia: Finishes its first year under coach Bronco Mendenhall next Saturday at Virginia Tech, which has won 12 straight games in the series. The Cavaliers need an upset to avoid tying the school record for most losses in a season.Georgia Tech: Closes the regular season on the road against state rival Georgia. The Bulldogs have won 13 of the last 15 meetings between the teams, including a 13-7 victory in 2015 that turned out to be the final game at Georgia for coach Mark Richt.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry .---For more AP college football coverage: www.collegefootball.ap.org Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.