e to watch women dominate and have so

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 27.06.2018 16:45
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Russell Westbrook recorded his 44th career triple-double Saturday night, moving past Fat Lever and into a tie with LeBron James for sixth all time.Theres a catch, though: Westbrook did it in 395 fewer games than James.Asked what it means to be in such company, Westbrook said, I mean, nothing. Im happy we won -- thats the most important part for me. But I definitely dont take anything for granted. Like I said, every night I step on the floor I try to compete at a high level and [am] thankful I can play the game I love every night.Westbrook finished with 17 points, 13 rebounds and 15 assists in the Oklahoma City Thunders 106-88 win over the Detroit Pistons?on Saturday night. It was Westbrooks seventh triple-double this season and his fourth in the past six games.There have been 14 total triple-doubles in the NBA this season. Last season, Westbrook finished with 18, the most in one season since Magic Johnson in 1981-82. Westbrook is on pace for 33 triple-doubles this season, which would be the most since Oscar Robertson had 41 in 1961-62.Its a combination of me getting better as a player and also being patient, Westbrook said. Before, it was a little different, because I was not as effective at finishing around the basket, but now Im able to get down to the basket and make plays for my teammates.Ahead of Westbrook on the career triple-doubles leaderboard are Larry Bird (59), Wilt Chamberlain (78), Jason Kidd (107), Johnson (138) and Robertson (181). Robertson, of course, is the last player to average a triple-double for an entire season.Through 18 games, Westbrook sits at 31.1 points, 9.9 rebounds and 11.1 assists.To put up those numbers, the people that are in that category, hes a Hall of Fame player, Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. I mean, thats really what he is. Hes a Hall of Fame player. And its really remarkable what hes doing.Westbrook doesnt scrape by with triple-doubles, either, making it a trademark to supersize them into eye-popping stat lines. In his 44 triple-doubles, hes averaging 25.3 points, 11.8 rebounds and 12.9 assists. For perspective, in Kidds 107 triple-doubles, he averaged 17.5 points, 11.3 rebounds and 12.2 assists.Hes extremely rare, just because Ive never seen a player be able to impact the game in the amount of ways he can impact it, Donovan said. And I mean that from a standpoint of analytically or statistically. Hes impacting our team in terms of his leadership, he impacts our team raising our energy, he raises when were down. ... He can do so many different things. I think thats why he plays so fearlessly, because he knows there are ways for him [to impact the game]. Hes not just a one-way limited player.As ESPNs Tom Haberstroh recently noted, Westbrook also is playing a slower-paced game than Robertson did in his triple-double season. On average, Westbrooks team is playing about 25 fewer possessions per game than Robertsons did.Westbrook doesnt like talking about his historic numbers, always returning to the most important result -- winning. But for the most part, thats what the Thunder do when he records a triple-double. Theyre now 38-6 in his triple-double games, including 5-2 this season.As a coach you feel very, very blessed and fortunate to be able to work with someone like that every single day, just because he takes it so seriously, Donovan said. He cares so much about the team, and winning.According to ESPN Stats & Information, at his current clip, Westbrook would pass Bird for fifth all time sometime in mid-January. Russell Gage Stitched Jersey . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Red Falcons Jerseys . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.officialfalconsnflauthenticshop.com/calvin-ridley-stitched-jersey/ . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. Cheap Falcons Jerseys . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Ito Smith Stitched Jersey . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Back in 1996, Amy Van Dyken entered her first Olympics as a relative unknown. She wasnt expected to do much of anything -- and then did something no other woman had ever done before in Olympic history: She won four gold medals in a single Games and became the most successful athlete of the 1996 Summer Games in Atlanta.Today Van Dyken says she continues to draw strength and motivation from her Olympic success as she continues to recover from a spinal cord injury that left her paralyzed from the waist down. Although 20 years have passed since her historic run in Atlanta, the memories are as strong as ever.I didnt feel any different until I got to the Olympics. I joke that after I made the Olympic team, I woke up and was excited to look in the mirror because I was an Olympian now and everything would change. But that wasnt true until we got there. All of a sudden youre handed all of this stuff with USA on it. You get that swim cap with the flag and your last name on it. Youre just like, Oh my gosh, this real. Ive been dreaming about this since I was 10 years old and its finally happening.People didnt really care who you were, they just cared that you were an American -- and they went nuts for you. To be in our own country was amazing -- it was really, really neat to have an entire crowd behind you every time out there. At my first race, you could see my eyes were huge because Id never swam in front of a crowd like that before.Then, all of sudden, you start to feel pressure. A lot of it. But Im one those people who wouldnt do a book report until the night before it was due. I love pressure, so I started to feed off of it. I always wanted to show people what I could do.No one knew who I was. No one cared who I was. I was supposed to win one bronze medal as part of a relay team. The media was not focusing on me at all before the Games, so I had the luxury of being able to sit back and really enjoy the experience and process it without all of the cameras in my face. I watched my friend Janet Evans and she didnt have that luxury; cameras and people were around her all the time. She didnt even have a second to stretch by herself.The first gold I won was in the 4x100 relay. Relays are always so much fun because youve got these other three girls that youve competed against your entire career and then youre put together on a team. You all get to swim together for a common goal, which is incredible! I actually ended up posting the fastest split in history, which is really cool, and the only reason I did that was because of the motivation I drew off those other three girls. I didnt want to disappoint them -- and thats more pressure than anything.People were wondering if I should pull out of the next race. It was the 100-meter butterfly, and when I made the team in the butterfly, it was kind of shock to everybody. I was just not one of the top two butterflyers in the US. I was definitely one of the top three or four, but not top two. So there was a little bit of controversy around that race leading up to the Games. People were saying that I should let someone else swim it who would have a better shot than I would. But I thought to myself, there is a reason that I made it in this event and Im going to do best that I can do.So wiinning it, I mean, that was crazy! There are some words you will never forget.dddddddddddd When they said: The gold medal goes to Amy Van Dyken from the United States of America thats something Ill always remember.On the podium, there is an emotion that overtakes you that is unbelievable. It does not feel real; you feel like youre floating above yourself, watching yourself in a dream and youre going to step off the podium into a big sea of Skittles and then youre going to take off on a unicorn.That race is probably the one that I will most vividly remember forever. Like, when I am on my deathbed, Ill be telling my great-grandchildren about it. Because I was not supposed to win it. But I did.And thats when I realized: If I can win an event thats not my strongest, whats the limit for me at these Games?As I started winning gold medals, everything was different. The birds sang louder. Next up was the 4x100 medley relay. I was the anchor leg and we won gold in that. Then I started looking at my stash and suddenly I had three gold medals. I was not supposed to do this! And now Ive got my best event coming -- the 50-free -- and that was my jam.You want to talk about being in the zone? Before that race, everything got really quiet, really calm. I remember standing on the blocks and just thinking to myself, this is going to cap off your whole Olympics. Before the gun went off, the last thing I said to myself was, Its yours. Go get it.We got in the water and started swimming and my main competitor was from China. I always took one breath in the 50-free. I took my breath and she took her breath at exactly the same time and we looked at each other. I put my head back in the water and the things that I said to myself, I cannot repeat because they are so foul. I was basically like, This is my home turf. This is my race.I didnt really know what that fourth gold medal meant in the grand scheme of it. It wasnt until I saw my coach, Jonty Skinner, crying on the pool deck that I realized something big had just happened. I remember sitting on the deck of the warm-down pool and my feet were in the water thinking to myself, I just wanted to make the team -- and I made history.I always wondered, why dont women get the same TV coverage as men??But in 96, the women took over in such a way that the TV networks had no choice but to show all these amazing women and what they were accomplishing. It seemed like every time you were watching an event, an American woman was just killing it. Then to hear that they were calling it the Olympics of the Woman was the coolest thing ever. To know that I had some part in that is really special.I think back to when I watched the Olympics growing up and the people I cheered for. Besides Janet Evans, the hallmark athletes everyone focused on were men. I thought it was so cool that little girls sitting at home in 96 were able to watch women dominate and have someone their own gender to look up to and aspire to be.From the moment everyone walked off the field, we knew what we had done as women. It used to be the Olympic fraternity. Because of the 96 Games, we now have a sorority. Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.