y is that we have to bat, bowl and field bette

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 23.06.2018 13:31
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

STANFORD, Calif. -- Dominika Cibulkova did a whole lot more than just win a game against Agnieszka Radwanska this time. She won the tournament. Cibulkova avenged one of the worst losses ever in a WTA Tour final, rallying to beat Radwanska 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 in the Bank of the West Classic final Sunday. Seven months after failing to even win a game against Radwanska in the Sydney final, Cibulkova came out aggressive and put the top-seeded Radwanska on the run. Cibulkova, seeded third, overcame two service breaks in the final set -- both on double-faults -- before winning the final four games. "The difference between Sydney and today was that I made the first game. And after the first game I looked at my coach and was like, Here we go. Im out here, and its going to be good today," she said. The Slovak sealed the 2-hour, 30-minute match on the fifth championship point with a backhand, crosscourt winner. She fell to the hard court and covered her face in celebration as her father, Milan, ran out of the stands to give her a hug. "I was just so happy and he scared me," she said, chuckling. "He gets emotional. I think that I have this after my parents -- especially after my father -- that I get into the matches sometimes so much and I just put my heart into it. And I think he did the same today." The victory gave Cibulkova her third career singles title and first win against Radwanska in four tries. She is 3-5 in WTA finals and is projected to rise from 25th to 21st in the rankings. Radwanska, ranked No. 4 in the world, fell to 12-5 in WTA finals. Her collapse at Stanford was reminiscent of her recent run at Wimbledon, where she blew a 3-0 lead in the final set of a semifinal loss to Sabine Lisicki. Radwanska said she wasnt thinking about Wimbledon when she took the lead against Cibulkova. Afterward, though, she felt the same. "I didnt use my chances when I was 4-2 up, and I paid the price," she said. The Polish star started the year by winning back-to-back tournaments at Auckland and Sydney, where she crushed Cibulkova 6-0, 6-0. It was the first whitewash in a final since November 2006 and only one in Cibulkovas career. The rematch had a far different feel from the start. Cibulkova won the opening game on her serve, pumping her fist after flicking a forehand down the line. That confidence, which she admitted wore down in the weeks following Radwanskas rout, never relented despite several setbacks. Radwanska showed almost no emotion throughout another sun-splashed day on the Stanford campus. But Cibulkovas frustration never simmered, either -- even drawing laughs from the crowd when she playfully slapped a ball away once with her hand after a point -- and she positively pumped her fist and shouted at every chance. After losing the first seven break points she earned, Cibulkova began going for more winners and drops shots -- typically Radwanskas style -- to finally come through. She crushed a backhand return at Radwanska that went unreturned to go ahead 4-3 and take the second set. Cibulkova double-faulted long to go down 3-1 in the final set but immediately broke back with a flurry of all-or-nothing shots that Radwanska couldnt handle. Then Cibulkova double-faulted again -- this time long -- to hand Radwanska a 4-2 lead, only to force Radwanska to net a forehand for a fourth consecutive game with a service break. With a chance to serve out the match at 5-4, Cibulkova nearly crumbled. She sailed forehands long on her first three championship points, then held off a service break before coming up short chasing a crosscourt volley by Radwanska on the fourth championship point. "I started to feel a little bit tired," Cibulkova said. "In the long rallies, I started to feel my breath and my legs. The last match point I was so dead, I was so tired, but I knew I could not give it up now. I knew I just had to make one, two more balls and the match is mine." Finally, after a long baseline rally on the fifth championship point, Cibulkova ripped the backhand winner that sent all of her emotions -- and her father -- pouring onto the court. Cibulkova also won in Carlsbad last year and in Moscow in 2011 for her only other WTA titles, but she will surely savour this one given all she has overcome. "The first one was really tough on me emotionally because I had so many finals on me and everybody was like, Why dont you have the titles?" she said. "Moscow was a different story. But today, Im really happy, because shes No. 4 in the world and a great player and this is my first win against her. And to come up with such a game in the final against such a great player, I feel really good." Bills Jerseys China . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Authentic Ray-Ray McCloud Jersey . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. http://www.cheapbillsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-harrison-phillips-jersey . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Authentic Tremaine Edmunds Jersey . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Cheap Bills Jerseys Authentic . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Zimbabwe coach Heath Streak lost his gruntle. While Zimbabwe was able to take heart from the way they resisted defeat during the Test series, Streak opened the press conference after his sides eight-wicket thrashing in the tri-series opener by admitting: I wont have too many positives today.Streak seemed particularly vexed by the white flag Zimbabwe raised through their body language. Your positivity and your mental outlook is affected by your body language and how youre thinking, Streak said. Yes, you may not feel youve got enough runs on the board but it doesnt stop you going out there and being positive and aggressive and supporting your team-mates. Diving around and getting energy going. You dont need talent to do that. Those are things that anyone can do.Its something we talk about a lot, the scoreboard not impacting on your actions and your outlook on what youre trying to achieve out there. But often it does and for people outside - media, supporters - they see that probably more than the players do inside. Its certainly something that Im putting a high priority on addressing.Though Zimbabwes 154 was woefully under par, the tri-series opener really seemed to turn on the first ball of Zimbabwes bowling effort. Tinashe Panyangara, returning to the side after overcoming a back injury that kept him out of the squad since June, produced a delivery that curled away to take Dhananjaya de Silvas outside edge. Almost immediately, however, Umpire Tiffin called a no-ball, and just as quickly Zimbabwes vim disappeared. The free-hit was clumped to midwicket, and the floodgates opened. Despite helpful conditions, the bowlers could make nothing more of the game.De Silva, Man of the Match for his unbeaten 78, admitted his dismissal at that stage could very much have made a difference to the result. The ball was seaming around and if I had got out at that time, maybe three or more wickets would have fallen, de Silva said. De Silva, who struck a fifty and a ton in the Tests, suggested Sri Lanka too was surprised by the depths of Zimbabwes batting woes. Some guys just threw their wicckets away.dddddddddddd They could have achieved 200 or 220 and that would have given them a good chance to come back into the game.No need to tell Streak that. Certainly we had the tougher side of the batting, but when you look back, bar Chari no one really got a ball that they can say was an unplayable delivery, Streak said. Yes, conditions were in their favour, but there were not enough people coming in and saying they got out to a good ball.Despite batting on a green pitch and under gloomy skies in the morning that aided swing, Streak refused to blame the conditions - or the toss - for his teams collapse. Having had late rain yesterday, the covers came off late, and we had a bit of drizzle [this morning]. Losing the toss wasnt great, but it also wasnt any excuse for how we performed.The toss has always been in the game of cricket and thats not something you can guarantee. If you can only win cricket matches when you win the toss then theres a serious issue to address. For me, today there was an advantage to the toss that would have made it 60-40 in favour of whoever wins the toss, but there are still no excuses for a batting performance like that. PJ Moor and some of the lower order guys like Cremer and Tiripano showed that when you applied yourself there were runs to be scored.Still, Zimbabwe has three more games to play, and those will be in Bulawayo - Streaks hometown and conditions he is familiar with. I said to the guys the only positive for me is that weve got three more games, Streak said.There werent really many other positives. The reality is that we have to bat, bowl and field better than we did today otherwise were not going to feature in this series. Its certainly within their own hands. Theres also lots of work for me and the coaching staff to do, but we talk about people taking responsibility and when you say that generally youre looking at your senior players to do that. Theyre going to have to start putting their hands up. China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.