s Tyler Duffey (8-8, 5.71).Tigers: Detroit plays Bo

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 09.06.2018 17:11
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Karim Benzema scored a pair of second-half goals to lead Spanish soccer power Real Madrid to a 3-1 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer on Thursday night. The match was the first for both teams in the inaugural Guinness International Champions Cup tournament, which features six other teams from Europe. Midfielder Angel Di Maria took a pass from former FIFA World Player of the Year Cristiano Ronaldo, whod gotten past three defenders, and scored the games first goal. Di Maria later added an assist. "In general it was a good performance from the team," Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "We played well. We had a good combination in the front. We had a lot of opportunities." Real Madrid was too talented for the Galaxy, as Ronaldo had multiple chances to score early in the match. A cross from DiMaria found Ronaldo in the sixth minute, and his shot hit the top of the goal and caromed away. Ronaldo also had quality chances in the 18th and 22nd minute, Galaxy defender Sean Franklin trying his best to defend Ronaldo from his right back position. "Sean would probably tell you it was unbelievably challenging," Galaxy coach Bruce Arena said. "Ronaldo had all the attributes youd want out of a player. Technically outstanding. Hes obviously a great goal scorer. Great passing. Great on the dribble. Physically dominant. He has all the tools to continue to be one of the outstanding players in the world and we saw a little bit of that." Real Madrid had the vast majority of the scoring chances in the first half. The Galaxys best opportunity was a near own goal from Real Madrids Daniel Carvajal in the eighth minute. Galaxy midfielder Hector Jimenez chipped a ball toward the goal that Carvajal almost misplayed with his clearance. The fans in the crowd of 38,922 rose to their feet every time Ronaldo touched the ball. The Di Maria-Ronaldo connection almost produced another result in the 38th minute, as Ronaldo had plenty of time to settle a pass at his feet, dribble and shoot. But his shoot went over the goal. "The atmosphere was really fantastic and the stadium was one of the best in the world," Ancelotti said. "We will have a good memory of the experience in the future." Ronaldo left the match at halftime, replaced at forward by Benzema. It took the Frenchman only six minutes to score. Francisco Alarcon looped a pass to Benzema, who was in open space and shot the ball past Galaxy goalkeeper Brian Rowe. Real Madrid was close to a third goal after some nifty dribbling and fakes from Alarcon at the top of the penalty area, but his 60th-minute shot was saved. Jose Villareal pulled the Galaxy to 2-1 with some skilful work in the 63rd minute. Seconds after Brazilian star Kaka left the match for a substitution, Villareal took two touches to get some room and fired a shot past Real Madrid keeper Diego Lopez. Alarcon was subbed out in the 73rd minute. Di Maria found Benzema in the 74th minute with a cross over the Galaxy defenders for the final goal of the match. Real Madrid is tuning up for the start of its regular season in Spain next month. The Galaxy are in the midst of their MLS regular season. "No question this game was beneficial for all of our players," Arena said. "I think its a great event to bring to our country and to have the opportunity to play against players like Ronaldo and Di Maria and Benzema. They are unbelievable players . we are going to have some fabulous opportunities in this tournament." The Galaxy play Juventus of Italy, with Real Madrid moving on to face Everton of England. Both games will be at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles on Saturday. Khris Davis Jersey . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. Cheap Athletics Jerseys China . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. http://www.cheapathleticsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-glenn-hubbard-jersey .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Jed Lowrie Jersey . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Cheap MLB Jerseys . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. DETROIT -- Eric Hosmer has been trying to find his way out of a long slump, and coming to Detroit may have done the trick.A night after homering in a win over the Tigers, Hosmer spent most of Wednesday torturing the Comerica Park crowd.He walked in the fifth inning to break up Anibal Sanchezs perfect game, doubled in the seventh to end Sanchezs no-hit bid, then hit a tie-breaking two-run homer in the ninth to lead the Kansas City Royals to a 4-1 victory over Detroit and a three-game sweep.I dont think weve swept a series here in my career -- we havent even won more than a couple, he said. Ive been struggling for about a month now, but it has started to come around, and tonight felt really good.Sanchez threw seven shutout innings after allowing eight runs in four innings in his previous start. He struck out six and walked two Wednesday.Thats as good as Ive ever seen Anibal Sanchez throw the ball, Royals manager Ned Yost said. I had seen what he had done in his last start, but I know that when hes on, he has ridiculous command of his fastball and a phenomenal changeup. Thats what he had tonight.Sanchez agreed.Today, everything was coming out good, he said. I felt good all game, and I just wanted to keep the score at 1-0. I wasnt thinking about the no-hitter.The Tigers have lost eight of their last 10 games.Im not whining -- we have to come out and win a game tomorrow, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. They came up with big hits late tonight and we didnt. That was the difference.Justin Wilson replaced Sanchez for the eighth with a 1-0 lead and allowed a tying homer to Alex Gordon on his first pitch.In the ninth, Shane Greene (2-3) allowed a one-out single to Lorenzo Cain before Hosmers line drive into the right-field stands. Drew Butera added an RBI single later in the inning.I made a bad pitch to a good hitter, Greene said. It was a cutter and I tried to get too perfect with it. It happens.Matt Strahm (1-0) got his first career win with 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief, and Kelvin Herrera pitched the ninth for his sixth save.Victor Martinez gave the Tigers a 1-0 lead in the second with a homer over the 365-foot sign in right-center field. Detroit had 11 more baserunners, but hit into two double plays and stranded nine.The Royals didnt come close to getting a runner in the first four innings, but Hosmer and Gordon both drew walks in the fifth.ddddddddddddSanchez got through the inning without a hit, but was already at 80 pitches, and he came into the game having allowed a 1.080 OPS after his 75th pitch.Sanchez got through the sixth on eight pitches, then retired the first two batters in the seventh without trouble, but Hosmer lined a first-pitch curveball into the left-center field gap to end the drama.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: RHP Kris Medlen, sidelined since May 21 with rotator-cuff inflammation, threw two scoreless innings in a Rookie-level Arizona League game. ... LHP Jason Vargas, who has missed the entire season after Tommy John surgery, was scheduled to start Wednesday night for Double-A Northwest Arkansas.Tigers: Miguel Cabrera returned after sitting out Tuesdays loss with a strained left biceps. He didnt look entirely comfortable, shaking his arm after swings, but hit a 112 mph groundball in the third inning, per Statcast. ... LF Tyler Collins left the game after seven innings with a right-knee contusion. He had been hit by Yordano Venturas 99 mph fastball in the sixth, and Ausmus said hes expected to miss a few games.FORGIVING FANSErick Aybar got a loud cheer from the Comerica Park crowd when he batted for the first time as a Tiger -- a change from his usual greeting in Detroit. In 2011, Aybar bunted to try to break up Justin Verlanders no-hitter in the eighth inning, drawing an angry response from both the Tigers ace and the fans.Verlander joked that the Tigers trading for Aybar on Tuesday made him glad he didnt retaliate.I told him I was going to hit him, but I never did, Verlander said. So that will make things easier in the clubhouse.UP NEXTRoyals: Kansas City returns home to start a four-game series with the Twins on Thursday night. Dillon Gee (4-6, 4.78) is scheduled to start against Minnesotas Tyler Duffey (8-8, 5.71).Tigers: Detroit plays Boston on Thursday in the first of a four-game series. Matt Boyd (4-2, 4.16) faces Clay Buchholz (4-9. 5.66) in a game being played during the afternoon because of a Detroit Lions exhibition game at nearby Ford Field in the evening. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.