arantees, and Andrew Luck signed an exten

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 08.06.2018 16:30
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. -- A well-rested Carlos Carrasco and one big swing from Carlos Santana was all it took to get the Indians off to a good start on their road trip.Its a combination manager Terry Francona expects to be a big part of Clevelands postseason push.Carrasco and Andrew Miller combined on a four-hitter, Santana homered in the eighth inning and the Indians beat the Oakland Athletics 1-0 on Monday night.Right now I feel fresh, said Carrasco, who spent more than five weeks on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring. Its going to be really important that I get back on the same level everyone else is. These last five, six weeks are going to be important for us.Carrasco (9-6) was masterful while limiting the As to four hits over eight innings. The right-hander had nine strikeouts, retired the side in order five times and allowed only one runner to reach second base.Carrasco has had at least eight strikeouts in his last four starts, the longest active streak in the majors.He was terrific, Francona said. Everybody else probably has 40 more innings than him but you can tell his tank is not anywhere close to empty.Miller struck out the side in the ninth for his 11th save.Neither team did much offensively until Santanas one-out home run off reliever Ryan Dull (5-4), his 27th of the season to match a career high.I hit a fastball, Santana said. He tried to throw middle away and the fastball stayed in the middle.As starter Andrew Triggs matched Carrasco in his fourth career start but did not factor in the decision. Triggs allowed three hits over six scoreless innings and matched his career high of six strikeouts.Oakland is 1-21 when Triggs pitches this season, including 0-4 in four starts. Triggs is 0-1 with a 4.38 ERA.You feel for him because hes such a good soldier about going up and down and appreciates the opportunity he gets, As manager Bob Melvin said. You cant help but pull for a guy whos a great team guy and he performed. Hes performing even better in the rotation right now.The loss dropped the As a season-high 19 games under .500 at 53-72. Its the teams worst record after 125 games since 1997.Earlier in the day, Oakland announced it had fined Danny Valencia and Billy Butler after they engaged in a clubhouse fight last week.OH SO CLOSEOakland missed a chance to end the shutout when Coco Crisp was thrown out at third trying to extend a double in the sixth. That was costly, as the As next two batters reached base on a single and an error.Its probably one of those where if they call him safe they dont overturn it either way, Francona said.STREAK OVERJose Ramirez went hitless in four at-bats, ending his streak of successfully reaching base at 27 games. It was the longest active streak in the majors.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: Yan Gomes (separated right shoulder) played catch from 105 feet before the game and is taking batting practice in the cage. The team is hopeful the catcher can return before the end of the regular season and confident hell be available for the postseason if the Indians make it that far.Athletics: Butler was placed on the seven-day concussion list. Valencia struck out looking as a pinch-hitter in the ninth. ... Shortstop Marcus Semien was not with the team after leaving to be with his wife for their birth of their child. It marked only the fourth game this season that Semien hasnt been in the starting lineup. ... Infielder Arismendy Alcantara was called up from Triple-A Nashville.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Danny Salazar (11-4) faces Oakland on Tuesday in his second start since coming off the disabled list. Salazar won in both of his previous two starts against the As.Athletics: LHP Sean Manaea (4-8) makes his first career appearance against the Indians. Manaea leads all AL rookie pitchers with 92 strikeouts. Madison Bumgarner Jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Joe Panik Jersey . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. http://www.cheapsanfranciscogiantsjerseys.com/ . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. Barry Bonds Jersey . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Buster Posey Jersey . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Quarterback Kirk Cousins will play under the one-year franchise tag this season after he and the Washington Redskins failed to reach an agreement on a long-term deal by Fridays deadline.The inability to strike a deal was not a surprise and, in fact, had been forecast for months by multiple outlets, including ESPN.Cousins, who will receive a guaranteed $19.95 million, becomes the second quarterback to play under the franchise tag. Drew Brees played under the tag in 2005 with the San Diego Chargers. After the season, Brees signed with the New Orleans Saints as the Chargers turned to Philip Rivers, their 2004 first-round pick.In the other seven times in which a team used the franchise tag on a quarterback, the sides agreed to a deal by the deadline.But Cousins contract was up at a good time for him -- with the salary cap rising this season and in 2017 -- and at a tough time for the Redskins. Of Cousins 25 career regular-season starts, 16 came in 2015. Before the final 10 games last season, Cousins had been inconsistent. Down the stretch, however, Cousins led the Redskins to an NFC East title, throwing 23 touchdowns and only two interceptions. For the season, he threw 29 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions.It was enough to convince the teams ownership to part ways with onetime face of the franchise?Robert Griffin III.?But it was not enough to convince them to meet Cousins asking price, which started at around $20 million, according to multiple sources.I would love to do a long-term deal with Kirk, Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan said earlier this offseason, but Im not going to ruin the organization financially to do it.But hes our leader on offense, hes our quarterback, McCloughan said. We won the NFC East last year. Thats pretty cool. Thats what we need, we need those types of guys. But you cant go crazy because its about 53 players, not one. Thats what we keep preaching.From the bbeginning, sources close to Cousins said he was comfortable playing under the one-year tag.dddddddddddd. Cousins also knows that if he plays well, theres a huge payday in his future. Cousins, a fourth-round pick in 2012, played behind Griffin for his first three seasons before winning the job last August.Ill let my play do the talking, Cousins said in May. Nothing in this league is promised to you. Whether its a one-year deal or a 10-year deal, I have to prove myself every game and every year. I feel very established in my role and excited to take advantage of the opportunity, which is a phenomenal opportunity.But in February, Cousins told ESPNs Jim Trotter: I never played football thinking about money, and going forward I never want to play football thinking about money. Thats why I think its important for me to play with a salary thats just locked in. I dont want to be thinking about individual accomplishments or rewards that would boost my salary or up my numbers.The sides now must wait until after the season to reach a deal. If they dont agree, the Redskins could use the franchise tag on Cousins again at a cost of approximately $24 million.Two quarterbacks signed big deals this offseason: Brock Osweiler received a deal from Houston averaging $18 million per year with $37 million in full guarantees, and Andrew Luck signed an extension with Indianapolis worth $23.2 million per year and $47 million in full guarantees.The Redskins and Cousins have said the right things this offseason, not turning the negotiations into an acrimonious situation. McCloughan has a longtime relationship with Cousins agent, Mike McCartney.Earlier this offseason, McCloughan said, Kirk will be here a long time. ... If its not done by July 15, dont worry, well get something figured out. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.