or Tacoma.UP NEXTMariners ace Felix Hernand

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 07.06.2018 16:19
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU athletic director Joe Alleva has doubts about whether Saturdays LSU-Florida game -- scheduled to be contested in Gainesville but postponed indefinitely on Thursday as Hurricane Matthew approached the Florida coast -- will ever be played.Its going to be very difficult, Alleva said Friday morning on the?Culotta & The Fan show on ESPN 104.5 FM?in Baton Rouge. Thats all Im going to say about it right now, but the scenarios that I see down the road would require some serious changing of schedules.If the game is not played, LSU and Florida will finish the season with one less SEC game than the conferences other teams. The SECs divisional tiebreakers are based on winning percentage in conference games, which could generate controversy within the league should LSU or Florida remain in the hunt for a division title in November.I think its going to have to be a topic of discussion, for sure, as we go through the rest of the season. No doubt, Alleva said. Its based on winning percentage and then head-to-head competition, so yeah, I think that winning percentage is something thats going to have to be discussed.Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said it will skew the SEC divisional races if the LSU-Florida game isnt rescheduled.They have to find a way to play that game, Sumlin told ESPNs Chris Low on Friday. I dont see any way around it if they want to keep it fair for all teams.Tennessee coach Butch Jones expressed similar sentiments.They have to play that football game, he said Thursday. I know the SEC will do the right thing.Asked whether the game is definitely off for this weekend, Alleva said, The game is not going to happen at this point, no.LSU and Florida do not share a common open date, although they both play home nonconference games on Nov. 19 -- Florida against Presbyterian and LSU against South Alabama. Alleva called claims that Florida offered that date for a possible makeup during negotiations a flat-out lie.LSU has multiple issues against rescheduling the game on Nov. 19, starting with the $1.5 million buyout it would owe South Alabama. The school also lists among its concerns the millions of dollars that a canceled home game would drain from a local economy that has already been gutted by historic floods in August.There is also the issue of scheduling imbalance. Moving the Florida game to Nov. 19 would mean that LSU would play three SEC road games in the span of 13 days: Nov. 12 at Arkansas, Nov. 19 at Florida and Nov. 24 at Texas A&M on Thanksgiving night.Alleva said Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley insisted as late as Wednesday that Florida would be able to host the game and would not explore any other alternatives. Foleys message changed on Thursday, when weather forecasts concerning the hurricane grew more ominous.They thought it was going to stay out on the coast. Thats what they said, Alleva said. They thought it was going to be OK. That was basically it. From our experience here, we knew that first responders and policemen would not be available, because whenever theres a storm, youre going to lose all those important people. All those things I dont think were properly taken into consideration.Alleva said LSU offered multiple options to the SEC and Florida, including playing in Baton Rouge or a neutral site and even for the Tigers to fly into Gainesville on Sunday and out that night after the game, should it be moved back one day.We were willing to play anywhere that we needed to play, Alleva said.When the decision was made Thursday, Alleva said, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey made the call to postpone the game based upon the late logistical issues and Foleys safety concerns.At the end of the day, we had to respect the commissioners decision and Floridas concern for safety, Alleva said. Having been through hurricanes, we all know that safetys always going to be the No. 1 issue. Rick Nash Jersey . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Jay Bouwmeester Jersey . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. http://www.cheaphockeycanadajerseys.com/shea-weber-jersey/ . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Claude Giroux Jersey . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). Roberto Luongo Jersey . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. CHICAGO -- Aroldis Chapmans famous fastball wasnt good enough to retire Leonys Martin.Martin hit a go-ahead, two-run double off new Cubs closer in the eighth inning, lifting the Seattle Mariners over Chicago 4-1 Saturday.We had the right up guy up there. We had the Cuban against the Cuban, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. He has put good swings on velocity all year.Wade Miley (7-8) took a no-hit bid into the seventh inning before allowing Kris Bryants single and Javier Baezs RBI groundout.Jake Arrieta (12-5) walked Mike Zunino and Shawn OMalley starting the eighth, pinch-hitter Luis Sardinas sacrificed against Hector Rondon, and Nori Aoki grounded to third, where Bryant threw out pinch-runner Guillermo Heredia at the plate, a call upheld in one of three home-plate video reviews.Cubs manager Joe Maddon brought in Chapman, hoping he would convert his second four-out save since being acquired from the Yankees.That part of the batting order just yells his name. Thats the whole point, Maddon said. To go through that moment and hes available and to not utilize him and then lose the game, I would have been really upset with myself.Chapman allowed Martins double to left-center on a 99.6 mph pitch, which put Seattle ahead 2-1.I tried to swing at a strike, a choke swing, and he threw me a strike, said Martin, who added he faced Chapman once before a long time ago in Cuba.Martin stole third and scored on Chapmans wild pitch. It was a low point in an uneven debut week in Chicago that included a save against the White Sox and an awkward interview about the domestic violence case that led to a 29-game suspension.Its not my favorite thing to do, but thats my job and its the managers decision, Chapman said through a translator of coming on in the eighth. Im ready to do anything.Seattle added a run in the ninth when shortstop AAddison Russell threw high to first on Chris Iannettas two-out grounder, allowing Franklin Gutierrez to score from third.ddddddddddddEdwin Diaz struck out pinch-hitter Anthony Rizzo and Dexter Fowler with two on to end the eighth. Steve Cishek worked around a hit in the ninth for his 25th save in 30 tries. Chicago had won its previous three games.Miley allowed one hit over seven innings with a season-high nine strikeouts. He had lost his previous six starts since beating Cleveland on June 7.I tried not to think about it, Miley said of the potential no-hitter. The guys in the dugout were getting farther and farther away from me, and I didnt like that at all.Arrieta (12-5) allowed two runs, two hits and three walks in seven-plus innings with four strikeouts. He fell to 0-3 with a 4.88 ERA in five starts during July.Fowler initially was called out by plate umpire Lance Barrett on Baezs grounder, but the call was overturned in a video review.Chicago had a second run off Miley wiped out by replay when Bryant, trying to steal home on a pickoff throw to first, was thrown out at the plate in the seventh.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: RHP Nathan Karns (lower back strain) went on the 15-day disabled list, a day after he allowed five runs during a two-inning relief appearance. RHP Cody Martin was recalled from Triple-A Tacoma. ... RHP Taijuan Walker (foot) is scheduled to throw five innings Monday in a rehab start for Tacoma.UP NEXTMariners ace Felix Hernandez (5-4) is to start the series finale Sunday night against LHP Brian Matusz, who will be called up from Triple-A Iowa. That will give Kyle Hendricks and the rest of the rotation an extra days rest. Maddon said RHP Justin Grimm will be optioned to Iowa. China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Black China NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.